Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Note for ISF members
It's true, what she says.
I do remember the name Quarky from JREF and I am indeed the tree climbing, playing in the dirt, hanging out with the guys kind of Tomboy.  At almost 46 with assorted health issues, I can't say I do much tree climbing these days, though.  My main hobby is playing computer games like World of Warcraft and Minecraft.  I'm a devout fan of classic Doctor Who (and the 2005 series up to and including Peter Capaldi), and will be caught up on The Dresden Files book series if I can ever find time to finish the most recent one.  My favorite color is green.  I like having web forums to browse to keep my brain occupied during down time at work.  

My only claim to southern-ness is that I went to college in south west Virginia.  I was born and raised in Maryland, which, while technically south of the Mason-Dixon line, isn't acknowledged as being a southern state by any proper southern states.  I don't think I've ever actually said "howdy" in real life now that I think about it, but I type it as a greeting a lot.  It seems I'm southern in casual, text based conversation only.  My apologies for any unintentional deception. ;-)
I can't remember who I was on JREF!! Confused Blush  Parannoyed? 0Verde? Paradocs? don't think I was Di anything there.
You wouldn't remember me anyway, I had a lot less to say in those days.

I do like your writing style btw Tomboy, makes an easy read.

Don't apologize for sounding 'South' I'm a lot further south than you. Cool

Let me be the first to commiserate with your sad addiction to Dr Who.  I tried for years to get into that vibe but failed.
Miserably.  Joined a forum of fans once.  They were people I knew from a general forum and it was closing down.

"Join us!" they said. "We're starting up a new one, it'll be fun" they said.

But suddenly I found myself in a forum that had fallen through the space time continuum containing weirdo clones of the people I thought were logical humans.    OMG!!

I swear some of them thought there really was a Tardis and they had a bag packed in case the Doc dropped by.

They began to resent being reminded that it was a product of the imagination of a couple of drunks so I just slipped into silence and then slipped right out of the whole asylum.   I looked in there about a year ago, looking for an old poster from a mutual forum but he had been gone for years too.  The forum was still going though, and still nuts.

Just kidding, it's a fascinating yarn to get into,  just too timey whimey and not enough sci in the fi for me.

Oh dear,am I rambling at you already?  .. please be reassured, there is no expectation that anyone read my stuff.
Judging from some of the missed point replies I get, the others obviously don't read it all either. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(09-22-2021, 06:59 AM)Tomboy Wrote:  I do remember the name Quarky from JREF and I am indeed the tree climbing, playing in the dirt, hanging out with the guys kind of Tomboy.  At almost 46 with assorted health issues, I can't say I do much tree climbing these days, though.  My main hobby is playing computer games like World of Warcraft and Minecraft.  I'm a devout fan of classic Doctor Who (and the 2005 series up to and including Peter Capaldi), and will be caught up on The Dresden Files book series if I can ever find time to finish the most recent one.  My favorite color is green.  I like having web forums to browse to keep my brain occupied during down time at work.  

My only claim to southern-ness is that I went to college in south west Virginia.  I was born and raised in Maryland, which, while technically south of the Mason-Dixon line, isn't acknowledged as being a southern state by any proper southern states.  I don't think I've ever actually said "howdy" in real life now that I think about it, but I type it as a greeting a lot.  It seems I'm southern in casual, text based conversation only.  My apologies for any unintentional deception. ;-)

Fabulous of you to reveal so much.
I'm hoping that we can be friends.
So far, you fit in perfectly.
Hopefully, this puts no pressure on you.

We're all professionals here.
(I'm a retired stone mason and writer; The Prez travels the world and sells minerals and art. Sparks does weird stuff on radio signals; grayman drives trains; nobody is sure what The Atheist does; but it falls between mowing lawns and banking.
Di Wundrin is retired; also worked with trains, down under. She's old as hell, but still feisty. She and I have a special bond...we don't agree on anything, but remain fond of each other. We both talk too much.

That's about it.
"She's old as hell, but still feisty." 

Nicest thing anyone's said to me today. Heart

But it's not 9am yet so there's plenty of time to improve on it. Confused
(09-22-2021, 10:17 AM)stanky Wrote:  The Prez travels the world and sells minerals and art.

That's his cover story, he's really in the CIA but I'm the only one who has figured that out and...hold on.. there's someone pounding on my d
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there..."
Tomboy would be, by far, the youngest person here. Imagine if we could get hipped up to the new music and stuff!?
It's too much to ask.
I'm a kind and creative disgusting pig. 2 out of 3 ain't so bad.

grayman is in a different league.
He's here to keep us classy.
Ever have your car break down on a country road at night? And you walk to a nearby house, asking to use their phone?
And they're just a little bit too welcoming?

Next thing you know, you're chained to a wall in their basement?

(I hate that.)