Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quantum mechanics is starting to piss me off
Thanks, honey.

Yeah, a builder without his tape measure is like a stripper without clothes.

Barely a day of my life goes by wherein i don't have to measure something.

Not sure why that is, exactly.

I wonder if the other folks here often find themselves measuring something?

I'm reluctant to consider that i might be abnormally screwed up in this regard.

I wish you could all see what's going on in the man cave right now.
An insane number of species that most people probably don't encounter.
Maybe some folks don't remove their doors and windows, and stay up late, writing weird shit, with a light on?

What separates me from insane people, that feel like they're crawling with bugs, is that I actually am crawling with bugs.
And tree frogs.
They're having a huge party tonight.

It's quite a show, really.

Hopefully, some of the flavor of it leaks through in the words.
"I wonder if the other folks here often find themselves measuring something?"

Well, about every piece of gear I look at daily is measuring something. Sometimes 12 to 24 different parameters. Good news is I don't have to measure those things myself. The gear does it for me, and I just have to observe.

Yet still, there's a full time job just in all the parameters presented by this shit. But better to have too much information rather than too little.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
I only measure things when I absolutely have to.  I think that measuring stuff might be a boy thing.

Quote:Maybe some folks don't remove their doors and windows, and stay up late, writing weird shit, with a light on?

I only stay up late, writing weird shit, with a light on.  The doors and windows are always left in situ.
My room at night is like a petting zoo.
Other species can come in and pet the human.

(it's probably not for everyone.)
Not for me, there are some species around that I don't fancy dropping in and petting me.  ... mostly humans, but others too.

While I think of it, are you downriver from the Jim Beam fire??

Quote:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-04/jim-beam-fire-kentucky-warehouse-destroys-barrels-of-bourbon/11277276

Runoff liquor was seeping into the nearby Kentucky River, causing concern it would kill fish.

John Mura, a spokesman for the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet said the runoff could have a "serious impact on aquatic life".

Wrong river?  thought you might pick up some pre-marinated fish.

TC I don't drink Jim Beam.
Rot gut. And they're dumping it in the river. Where it began.

How charming. Smile
Tragic that all those fabulous white oak barrels had to burn.

Jimbo hardly qualifies as rot gut.
That depends on ones palate chum.

Be sure to bring some on The Voyage™. As host, I can't do that to the other guests. Smile

Jim Beam indeed! Hubris!!!
Well, there's all manner of stuff for half the price.
Perhaps you don't know true rot-gut?
Today I learned...

My tipple, Cougar Bourbon is a wussy concoction 'for export only' to suit Antipodean tastes!!  aaarrrrrghh.
(Still my fave spirit though) ...

Makes a kind of sense. Fosters is the company of a big boofy Aussie bizman.  He's responsible for Foster's beer too so he's got our 'tastes' down pat.

Quote:Cougar Bourbon. Cougar bourbon whiskey, formerly called Sam Cougar's, is a brand of bourbon whiskey produced in Lawrenceburg, Indiana by MGP Indiana. It is an export-only brand owned by Foster's Group (a division of SABMiller) that is bottled and sold in Australia and New Zealand, where it is a popular bourbon whiskey.