Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At last!
A beneficial effect of climate change!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/activists-go-on-birth-strike-over-climate-change-1.4479809
Right thing for the wrong reasons.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Phew - I thought there was a movement to stop sex.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(06-26-2019, 08:50 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  Phew - I thought there was a movement to stop sex.

Be afraid mate! These climate zealots can get pretty extreme! [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Besides, you should go along with that, reduction of all that CO2 emitting heavy breathing .....
Reminds me of a conversation with my neighbor yesterday:

He had been away, at a huge party, at a big organic farm.
It's a 3 day event, with lots of bands. It rained relentlessly, with so much lightning that the bands had to bail.
I explained how lightning drops inorganic nitrogen from the air onto those organic fields.
It was news to him, but he was intrigued, and asked a good question:

If lightning drops nitrogen from the atmosphere, does it also up the % of CO2?
I couldn't answer it.

Strange feed-back loops. The elemental N increases growth of plants, which also increases sequestering of CO2.

The industrial production of nitrogen fertilizer uses lots of electrical power, usually supplied by burning fossil fuels, which adds to the atmospheric CO2 %...
And plant growth thrives with the CO2 increase.

In a way, it seems that the main culprit in this imbalance comes down to burning forests. And lost bio-mass. Creating deserts.
Burning of fossil fuels which have sequestered huge amounts of carbon for hundreds of millions of years.

And we're releasing it into the atmosphere as fast as we can.

Here's another thing that's fucked with the greenmunists argument: They encourage the vegan life style because raising cattle and pigs is such a carbon source. But, think about it. It isn't really. Beef eats plants that have previously removed carbon from the atmosphere, right? So in theory, farmed animals are carbon neutral.

Of course, the way we're doing it on an industrial scale is totally bogus, but it's the thought that counts right? Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
It's a reasonable thought.
I think the problem is the life support system we provide for the beasts; same like us. It's very energy intensive.

Would be carbon neutral if it was just hunting of wild bison.

But there's shipping and handling costs.
And we shit the excess down our toilets; not adding it to soil fertility.
Instead, it does the opposite. Trashing the productivity of estuaries and bays.

Had we eschewed agriculture and animal husbandry; not invented nitrogen fertilizer, we'd likely be less than one billion people, living in a garden of Eden.

(Trying to kill each other, of course.)
(06-27-2019, 07:17 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Be afraid mate!  These climate zealots can get pretty extreme!  [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Besides, you should go along with that, reduction of all that CO2 emitting heavy breathing .....

Piss off!

I', like the gun lobby on sex. You can pry the woman from my cold, dead fingers.

(06-27-2019, 08:54 AM)stanky Wrote:  If lightning drops nitrogen from the atmosphere, does it also up the % of CO2?
I couldn't answer it.

It does, and reduces the oxygen content as well.

But in such small amounts as to be insignificant.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
T.A.,

Have you heard of the studies that suggest that young people are having less sex than they had in the recent past?
I forget where i heard this, but it's been more than once.
And from casual observation, i can believe it.

Add to that, the gay liberation, and suddenly a lot of gay men needn't marry a woman, and suffer through impregnating her once or twice, just for the appearance of normalcy; and add to that sophisticated birth control, and it's possible we could get this population to slow down.

That's the greenest thing we can do, short of suicide.
(06-27-2019, 02:31 PM)stanky Wrote:  T.A.,

Have you heard of the studies that suggest that young people are having less sex than they had in the recent past?
I forget where i heard this, but it's been more than once.
And from casual observation, i can believe it.

Yeah, it's verifiably true, and I'm disgusted by it.

If Millennials and Gen Z want to be taken seriously, they need to have more nookie!

Not having kids is fine, but not having sex because they're on Instagram is downright insane.