Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Izzy! or izzen 'e??
TA, are you getting the stink of the Izzy Filou thing over there??

christ I'm tired of hearing his bloody name!  Every damned program is full of it as though the thought bubble of a moronic footballer matters.

It's been beat up now to a pitched battle over "freedom of speech" versus "freedom of religion"  and is really neither.

For those puzzled.  Israel Filou is a Rugby Union footballer who is also a devout member of the Pentacostal Church. 
He decided that for the good of mankind he'd share his sermon on Twitter or some kind of social media.

He warned the world that "gays, atheists, fornicators, crooks and sinners" in general would go to hell unless they repent and change their ways.

Pretty trivial and raised a few smirks in relation to the IQ of footballers in general, and nobody gave a toss. 

Except the boss of Qantas who happens to be a militant gay activist always waving the antennas to catch some whiff of homophobia as an excuse to get his ferrety face on TV. 

So Qantas, which has become gay central, and not just the cabin staff, is a major sponsor of Izzies football code.

Oh dear. Alan Joyce, said gay boss of Qantas , threatened to withdraw the sponsorship unless Izzy was muzzled from spewing "hate speech" about gays.

Poor silly Izzy was just quoting from the bible that is used in courts of law but not allowed to be quoted in public it seems. 
Well,  social media exploded and ignited the journos who are out of work while Parliament is still on holidays.  They've taken up the scent now and are crusading for "freedom of speech" or for "freedom of religion" depending which side of the fence they're on.

It's an absolute bloody circus!

(This is what happens in Oz when politicians take time off, we go hunting for something else to laugh or bitch about)

Anyway the head of the Rugby Union, who btw is a very strange looking Kiwi sheila,  Dodgy ... caved in to Qantas and sacked Izzy. 
Now Izzy has drawn lawyers like flies on roadkill who are urging him to sue the R.Union for wrongful dismissal on grounds of religious discrimination.

Qantas is just as adamant that being queer trumps being religious and everybody agrees that freedom of speech only applies to their opinions and everyone else's opinion is 'hate speech'.

Now this may surprise but I'm with Izzy on this one. 
I looked deeply into my psyche and made a judgement on how damaged my sensitivities to hate speech were and didn't find a single bruise.  I should have been as outraged as Alan Joyce that the atheism I was born with has been judged as cause to send me to hell.

What a terrible thing to do, fancy condemning an atheist to hell?  what was he thinking?  .... spare me, this really is sillier than thought possible. 

But considering that my reaction to his pronouncement was a hearty laugh, and my reaction to Alan Joyce who as CEO of a public company used  as a weapon to fight for his own personal hobby horse without any okays being sought from the shareholders who pay him , infuriated me,  I have to come down on Izzy's side. 
The gays don't own fucking Qantas!

So far it's only the gays (to be precise, those gays who make a good living from the 'alphabetic gender industry' ) who have been traumatized by a big ugly stupid footballer flea quoting a passage from the bible.  diddums.

The atheists and sinners are still chuckling, but wait until all those fornicators wake up that they've been insulted and consigned to a hell that they don't believe in either!  

There will be lawyers crawling out of the ground to get on board if they bring a class action!
(06-24-2019, 04:52 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  TA, are you getting the stink of the Izzy Filou thing over there??

Fuck yes. I did a celebratory dance when GoFundMe shut him down yesterday, His Mrs plays for our netball team, so it's just as big a news here. The fact that he's the only Australian player capable of busting the All Blacks' defence just makes it juicier.

(06-24-2019, 04:52 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  It's been beat up now to a pitched battle over "freedom of speech" versus "freedom of religion"  and is really neither.

Correct.

(06-24-2019, 04:52 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  It's an absolute bloody circus!

It is that, but the timeline is really important, and it's not QANTAS' fault, or anyone but Folau.

Folau - Gays are sinners and going to hell.

ARU, his employer - Mate, you need to knock that shit off, you're on our employment contract and bringing the game into disrepute. We'll let this one go, but next time, you are out.

Folau.....

Folau six months later - Gays are sinners and going to hell.

ARU - you're fired.

(06-24-2019, 04:52 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Now this may surprise but I'm with Izzy on this one. 

You shouldn't be - this is black and white.

Nobody is shutting him down - he is being told, like any other employee, that if you say idiot shit on social media, it might impact on your job.

Plus, he was already on a final warning. There is no other way of seeing it.

(06-24-2019, 04:52 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  So far it's only the gays (to be precise, those gays who make a good living from the 'alphabetic gender industry' ) who have been traumatized by a big ugly stupid footballer flea quoting a passage from the bible.  diddums.

Nope, wrong again, sorry.

This is real: https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/parenting/113721918/opinion-if-i-grow-up-to-be-gay-will-i-go-to-hell

(06-24-2019, 04:52 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  The atheists and sinners are still chuckling,...

Damn right. I've just posted how this is all fucking excellent for the death of religion. One huge positive about gays etc being more visible is that kids of christians and muslins go to school every day with open fags dykes and trannies, and they don't hate them at all - they know these kids are just the same as them, and when they hear mummy, daddy & the church tell them they're sinners going to hell, these kids turn their backs on the church.

I know so many kids right now who have left their church - against parent wishes - solely because of the LGBT position of some churches.

Best thing ever!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Quote:Damn right. I've just posted how this is all fucking excellent for the death of religion. One huge positive about gays etc being more visible is that kids of christians and muslins go to school every day with open fags dykes and trannies, and they don't hate them at all - they know these kids are just the same as them, and when they hear mummy, daddy & the church tell them they're sinners going to hell, these kids turn their backs on the church.

I know so many kids right now who have left their church - against parent wishes - solely because of the LGBT position of some churches.

Best thing ever!

That's why I'm on Izzy's side.  The more idiotic quotes these Christian and Islamic morons spew the more they prove what a crock of shit their religions are.    Let him go!  Let's hear all this crap 'out and proud'.

I don't share your view that all gays are poor picked upon victims in need of protection though.  I know a lot of them and they'd play me off a break when it comes to pragmatism and self defence at least verbally.

That sob story about so many youngsters offing themselves over their confused hormones ignores all the straight kids who off themselves because some troll called them fat, or because a 15 year old's girlfriend dumped him for a jock.  I don't have the figures but teenage egocentric brainfarts are not restricted to the gay fraternity.  That's just a 'marketing tool' for the industry. 

Let's not get all narrowly focused, they're not the only humans with problems.  They just want us to think they are.

Funny story, the 'community contact' bloke who comes around to check if all the independent unit renters are still alive is gayer than springtime. 

He's been a huge help to me to get the paperwork shit storm worked out and not just for the management he works for.  He phones for a chat every so often, he says he wishes more of the 'oldies' had a sense of humour. 

He reminds me a lot of my 'old mate' in Sydney, very similar views of how the gender thing works and doesn't give a shit what others think of him being queer.  Nor do I, he's good company.

Anyway he's got a promotion dammit, it's worth an extra 30 grand pa so good for him, but he said he's still available for a chat if I've got any problems.   He said we should go on a date but I said there wouldn't be much point, not much in common.  Then he thought a bit and said, "we could go to the movies, we'd both enjoy watching Chris Hemsworth! " 
well,  yeah! ...  cracked me up.  They do have a killer sense of humour, or the best ones do.  The ones like Alan Joyce just have a malicious defensive hangup.
(06-24-2019, 06:57 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I don't share your view that all gays are poor picked upon victims in need of protection though. 

I didn't suggest they all are.

But when kids see and hear that kind of shit, it doesn't do them any good.

I guess survival of the strongest works a bit, but Folau's just causing hurt for sake of it. We can do without that.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Yeah, he's just being pig headed and there's a lot more to it than appears on the surface.  

What the Chrisos are forgetting is that if it's okay for him sermonize his beliefs then it's okay for the mad mullahs to say the bloody nonensense they go on with too.  

What's wrong with passing a law that religion has to be kept indoors or at private gatherings and not broadcast to the general population.   Make religious social media sites subscription only that way no gays/muslims/chrisos/women/or the overly sensitive will get offended.   If they see it then it means they paid to see it and serves 'em right.
Make it illegal to copy anything on those sites in the public media.

I don't know why politicians don't just ask me to solve all these problem for them. CoolWink

btw:  Go Fund Me closed down his account and refunded the 700,000 bucks that rolled in.
So the Chrisos opened their own funding site, kicked in 100 grand to start it of and within a day there's a million schmikkies in it!

Go figure. 

The PC brigade, and the left in general, still aren't getting the message that were overly tired of being told what to think.

The size and source of the donations aren't as obvious as they appear.

People who have donated have ranged from old testament christians to downright atheists!  

They're donating not because they espouse Izzy's religion, but because they detest the way the media mainstream and social, and the gay and hard Left lobbies have treated him as a pariah when he's actually a good man with sincere beliefs that he's just too stupid to keep to himself.

He's a long way from a goosestepper, and really doesn't deserve the vilification he's been getting from the professionally offended sector.

Who made it public? who made sure as many of those poor confused kids would see his tweet as possible? Not Izzy, he was posting for his own audience.
It was the very people who howl that this kind of thing upsets the gender confused kids who made sure those kids saw it!!

If they were fair dinkum they'd have just shut up and ignored it and no one would have known or cared what the hell he posted!
The whole thing has been concocted and bloated by bloody Alan Joyce off on his own gay superiority crusade. Don't write that off, he's got form and he's using the people he claims to be protecting as weapons! He's a turd.

We are over being told what to think!   The more we're being pushed the more we get tired of it.

Only a very small minority of people actively indulge in 'hate speech' or overt discrimination, most people are fairly decent in dealing with others and they're tired of being told that they're racists/nazis/fascists/flat earthers/fundies/or just plain stupid if they don't snap to attention and salute every new PC inspired flight of idiocy put before them.

The Left whinge about being called pixies, and loonies, but deem it okay to call anyone not in 100% alignment with their views even worse things.   Tolerance anyone?

Fuck the PC industry,  we don't need the KGB to run  roughshod over what used to be termed common decency.

This Izzy thing is unearthing a lot more worms than the RU ever thought it would encounter when it decided to dance with Alan Joyce.

As with all things/ologies/ and isms, eventually it just gets stretched too far.  It gets more and more extremist until the people get jack of it and snap it back.   They never learn that there is a limit to power plays and when the public wake up to the ploy the backlash will be worse than the problem they were trying to solve.

But I'm just being Cassandra as usual.  it's how I see it playing out and I have to admit that it's the way I'd prefer it to play out.  Better that we rely on common decency and voters choice of governments to take care of the minorities and needy,  than totalitarian oppression of all forms of speech except propaganda.

...just me?
Well, I enjoy your way with words, and the irony in the tale is plenty juicy.

Up here, there's a similar tale brewing. Our gay darling, mayor Pete, is having some blow-back over race issues.
Seems his town is unable to hire black cops.

Doesn't help that Pete is as white and shiny as a Mormon missionary.
(06-25-2019, 09:05 AM)stanky Wrote:  ... a Mormon missionary.

I'm going to make that a new sexual position.

I'll have to get the Mrs some of those long Mormon underpants.
Quote:I'll have to get the Mrs some of those long Mormon underpants.

You've always seemed to me to be a man who enjoyed a challenge TA.  [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]