Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like a plan!! A Loony Labor one.
How good is Corbyn??   Let's all vote Labor says the UK ... not. Just when you think they've reached the silliness limit ....

Quote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7120817/Labour-plans-bring-10-hour-week-tackle-climate-change.html

Labour discusses plans to bring in a 10-hour week and slash pay by 75 per cent under a radical scheme to tackle climate change
Corbyn is a fucking moron.

I'm embarrassed to say I supported him. He's as stupid as his idiot brother, and that's no mean feat.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Here's a loony Irish plan.

Yeah it's Breitbart again but the story is true and I only post it to point out that those plans in Ireland were the policies Labor here was running with. But we sent them skidding to reconsider it come next election. The Irish should have too.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/06/20/ireland-ban-cars-climate-mass-migration/
(06-22-2019, 02:12 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Here's a loony Irish plan.

See, it looks highly sensible to me.

Depends on your outlook, I guess.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
So you're junking your car and relying on public transport to save the planet then??

... I've sold mine, gonna match me? Angel Cool
I gave mine away.
(06-23-2019, 09:30 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  So you're junking your car and relying on public transport to save the planet then??

... I've sold mine, gonna match me? Angel Cool

If Auckland had any public transport, I'd be very happy to do just that.

Unfortunately, when a decent system was proposed back in the early '70s, it was a bit far-sighted for the council and they canned it. Now, they wish they hadn't and are desperately trying to find a way out.

My suggestion of 100% tax on petrol and 1000% tax on air fares hasn't caught on, though.

Poof! Problem solved.
I'm with T.A. on this.

I'm probably more extreme on my take.

We could function well on a tenth of the energy use, and achieve a higher standard of living.
And not in 2050....
more like yesterday or tomorrow.

90% of our energy consumption goes to ridiculous stuff that mostly makes our live's shittier.
And makes the planet shittier.
We're mostly up to ridiculous shit if you take a look at it.
And it requires enormous energy to enable the mostly ridiculous shit we do.

And we need ever more energy to maintain and improve this mindless consumption rate.
Economic growth.
Now the poor countries want in!

Burgers for the world! Bottled water for the world.
More stuff, everywhere.
And more crazy people; more anti-depressants...more everything.
Takes more energy to be insane.

and the idea is to sell more energy.
And invent new things to use it.