Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making America Great Again!
https://www.nprillinois.org/post/illinois-prison-removes-more-200-books-prison-library?
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Down the rat hole we go.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Just need to make sure none of them niggers get uppity ideas.

Good house niggers who obey the rules are fine, but those field niggers who won't give the white man the respect his skin colour demands should be locked up forever.

(Plus, all those private prisons have to pay a profit. Recidivism rules!)
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
As a fan of evolution, and a vocal critic of nationalistic or tribal agendas regarding making shit great again,

well... when do we get to focus on making the planet great again?

Making America (or any other empire) great again, implies the necessity of making other places "sub-great".

(that's a "mathy" thingedy.)

We make it all great, or we turn it all to shit.

I would beseech dear grayman to consider that line for his new sig.`
I can only add the useless notion that it is far far easier to turn it all into shit. Very hard work making it all great again.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Yeah, man...

Letting it all turn to shit is the default mode.
The easy way out.
(05-31-2019, 01:51 PM)stanky Wrote:  We make it all great, or we turn it all to shit.

I would beseech dear grayman to consider that line for his new sig.`

Well, in my humble opinion, the sig I currently have expresses similar sentiments yet in an informal manner.

Cool
"This is what you get when you send your brains on holiday." - TA
(05-31-2019, 01:51 PM)stanky Wrote:  We make it all great, or we turn it all to shit.

Mate, you clearly haven't been keeping up.

We turn the planet to such shit that all the poor people die.

And it becomes Utopia!

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/30/sorry-alarmists-climate-chaos-not/
I stand corrected.
Quote:  A poll conducted by that very same Yale Program on Climate Change Communication found that even for the most left-wing voters, climate change—an imminent planetary tragedy that threatens the existence of all humanity and most animal species—ranked third on the list of most important issues. It ranked 17th among all voters, behind things like border security, tax reform, and terrorism.

Maybe one day the electorate will finally buy in. Climate change, though, didn’t even make a blip on exit polls of 2018. That is why Democrats keep ratcheting up the hysteria over every environmental tragedy.
“Climate chaos is here,” declares Merkley, “but it’s not too late to act.” Remember: When disaster is perpetually ten years away, it’s never too late to send Democrats some of your money.

Similar climate priority here.  It's huge among younger people, but most of them aren't old enough to vote.

Those figures fit the mood here.  "Sure it's changing, but we don't buy the bullshit that making profit from trading the rights to continue 'emitting' is going to solve the problem so fuck off until you come up with something that makes sense."

The last sentence says it all. " Remember: When disaster is perpetually ten years away, it’s never too late to send Democrats some of your money."

People are smelling rodents.

Science might have all the data sorted but they're shite at PR.  They let the media turn it into a schoolyard fight and disaster scenario pissing competition and the public aren't taking it seriously. 

Those 10 year doomsday prediction have done the cause no good whatever.  Cried wolf too often. 

Meanwhile what isn't changing is life.  The mortgage and family needs are the same degree of difficult that they've always been and what the weather's doing has no impact on bill budgeting.

It's a great money making enterprise, (con?) but it was badly managed from day one.  Never shoulda let the feral media take over the marketing.

People aren't dumping it down the priority list due to lack of education or lack of give a shit, they're doing it because their stressing over it has no impact so they need to get on the chores.  

They're not convinced that AOC's world will end in 12 years months or minutes or whatever brainfart she uttered.
If they were they wouldn't bother with the chores.

That's another aspect to this that could prove that you should be careful what you wish for.

If the  world population does believe those predictions then people with no hope and the acceptance of impending doom for all just say fuck it all and stop working, and paying bills, and repairing things, and giving a shit about each other.  All gonna die anyway ... eat drink and be merry.

Why do you all keep hoping for the best in humans when I always presume the worst??  think I may be a tad cynical or something? Huh