Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've nothing left to say: The Sequel.
This could get 'wordy', so have a pee and grab some popcorn.

Being a writer is a lot like being itchy. You scratch.
Because i presently live in a hot, steamy jungle, i have the privilege of being itchy on a non-metaphoric level.

They say it's good to develop routines and schedules....especially if you're an unstable sub-genius.
But what do 'they' really know? And who are 'they'?

If one of your routines is scratching, because you're legitimately itchy, from a wide variety of biological factors (i could name several) and then winter comes...and those legitimate factors drop away...but you have the habit of scratching. So you keep doing it. Even though it is inappropriate.

When i was a lowly orderly in a hospital, I remember one guy i was charged to care for.
He was basically in a coma. But his one arm kept trying to scratch his face...until it was bloody raw.
I had to restrain his arm with the hospital equivalent of hand-cuffs.

I had to deprive him of that last drop of meaning in his life...to scratch himself to death.
He died anyway, on my watch. He was unable to finish his art project...tearing a hole in his face....with his mad skills.

I'll need to break this into chunk-like units if i expect anyone but Di to suffer through it.

(Ultimately, she's enough. And we have a deal....I read her indulgent crap, and she reads mine.)

apologies to the rest of you.

(The non-itchy elite.)
I would indulge you with a longer missive but i've surfaced for air from a mountain of uncollected mail paperwork before diving back into the shitstorm of 'urgent' and deadline approaching stuff.

I'll be scratching a hole in the top of my head before I get all this shit sorted. I feel for that poor guy.
Before i get to the point of why i have nothing left to say, I'd like to give the non-reader a sense of the man cave from which i type.
Dear Mary has allowed me my own separate space; independent from the rules and regulations of the main shack.
As soon as it gets warm in the stankerosa, i remove the windows and doors to the man cave.

Birds come in here. I talk to them. At night, with a light on, stunning numbers of moths come in.
Last night, i was covered in tree frogs. I love them, bigly. I think they know it.
Just now, i had a rhinoceros beetle latch onto my finger, as i reached for the mouse. It wasn't trying to bite me, but it also wouldn't let go.
I had to pry him off. I'll admit, it was slightly creepy.

But not as creepy as what just happened.

A large brown recluse spider just walked across my desk, and decided to hang out.
I had to consider killing her/him/it...but i decided not to. It was very aware of my presence.
I asked it to please not bite me. And i left it at that.

I'm superstitious about killing stuff. Yes, I know...fucking ridiculous.

But so far, it's working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BD3Yq6zvLA

the lyrics of this song might help get you in the mood.
So far, it's like we're immortal.

I've tried in vain to imagine non-existence.
I don't have the mental wherewithal to do it.
It's like, I come up blank.

And aware of the blankness.

How strange....

The one thing we're sure of, we've never experienced.

I'm not promoting ever lasting life, btw...i have been able to imagine that, and it was ghastly.
It just goes on and on, with no escape.
The horror of it is enough to cause one to fall in love with the concept of death.

There's beauty in it....a rational sort of beauty, not readily apparent to those that have not pondered, in depth, the alternative.

Which brings me to Harry Nilsson.

(He's dead.)

But i still love him.
(05-28-2019, 08:33 PM)stanky Wrote:  I'll need to break this into chunk-like units if i expect anyone but Di to suffer through it.

(Ultimately, she's enough. And we have a deal....I read her indulgent crap, and she reads mine.)

apologies to the rest of you.

(The non-itchy elite.)

No worries.

The rest of us use Cliffs Notes.
"This is what you get when you send your brains on holiday." - TA
(05-28-2019, 09:01 PM)stanky Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BD3Yq6zvLA

the lyrics of this song might help get you in the mood.

Nice.

I like how the intro is better composed and longer than most of the top-ten crap you hear on the radio today.

I first read "Asleep on the Wind" as "Asleep at the Wheel".

Therefor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_oYGxXi4k

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgLk5kKLnyA
"This is what you get when you send your brains on holiday." - TA