Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final Irony
Now, I've never watched a second of Game of Thrones, but it's been impossible to avoid knowing a little about it. Immensely popular grown-up Harry Potter with warring factions is what I gather. I probably would have watched it if I had time to waste on that kind of thing - looks entertaining and has an exceptional blonde in the lead role; what more do you need from TV?

Anyway, the final show was on TV this week, apparently, and fans are upset that the final act of the entire series was the allegedly beneficent Queen torched the last village opposition to her, including lots of women and children.

And all I can do is shake my head at failing to understand humans.

So, you'll get upset enough to stat petitions and protest over a TV program killing kids, but turn a blind eye when your actual government does that to living women & children.

What?
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Might have to watch impeachment proceedings should any further Republicans have the balls to come out in support, otherwise... television? Nada.
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
I've read the entire series of books of Game of Thrones, back when my eyes were still working well, and it was a ripper read!  
I only ever saw season one of the TV series though.  Still ripper but as always not as good as our own imaginations draw from a book.  

I see what you mean about people getting outraged more about fiction than fact.  

But as I see it, that's caused by the discomfort experienced by reality which can't be relieved.  Fantasy however can be made to do whatever we want with it.  We can control it to reward us with happy endings, and Disney made millions  out of happy endings.

So people prioritise the fantasy over a reality that hurts too much.  If they ignore it, and let the pixie dust obscure it then it's not their problem any more and they don't need to let it make them feel bad.  

Feeling bad is the new worst thing these days it seems.
i've never seen it, and know zip about it, except that i've noticed it's everywhere.
i skip the stuff that references it, because i don't know about it. Yet, i'm aware of it being a thing.
it appears to have exceeded the royal baby and the kardashians, as per frequency of mention in pop news-entertainment.

I asked Mary this morning (because she does the sunday times crossword puzzle) if she was concerned that her lack of knowledge would soon be driven home in the puzzle. Like, this is a new form of mental retardation we now officially have. Her answer, having just perused the Huff Post news; her guilty pleasure, was yes...half of the "news" there had referenced it.

Just by skimming the headlines, it was obvious that the fans were upset about the ending.
It was a "holy shit" moment.

and that was before learning what i've read here.

so,
two "holy shits".

i think i'm invested in not liking real popular stuff. It's probably snobbery. It's like I'll go out of my way to never hear a Beyounce song. She's probably great. Never heard Beiber; any rap stars; no Briitney Spears; no boy bands; no Spice Girls...i only have so much room in my heart.

It's a 'get off my lawn" thing, for sure.
(05-20-2019, 09:38 PM)stanky Wrote:  It's like I'll go out of my way to never hear a Beyounce song. She's probably great. Never heard Beiber; any rap stars; no Briitney Spears; no boy bands; no Spice Girls...i only have so much room in my heart.

Beyoncé is not great. If you want to listen to a black female who is both hot, a dedicated dope smoker and unbelievably talented, try Rihanna. She is the goods in all directions.

You missed nothing with Bieber or Britney, either, but I'd have Britney for dinner any time she wanted. Her & Rihanna would make a nice pair. Both gorgeous, great contrast. I'd have to toss a coin to decide who to fuck first.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Caught an hour of TMZ... (I looked it up: https://www.tmz.com/) plus an hour of Judge Judy today, visiting my brother who has Posterior Cortical Atrophy. He's in a care facility now, can no longer walk and is totally incontinent. Is kept out front by the desk and television so the staff can keep on eye on him.

My sister has rented him a state-of-the-art reclining wheelchair he lies in with a blanket over his head most of the time, has no interest in socializing with most people. FL and I brought him a cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate malt, he eats like a teenager with food like that.

Just going to spend time with him the next few days, maybe "Jeopardy" will be on.
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
Good man Pres. sorry he's deteriorated so much but that's how it always goes. I hope he knows you're there for him?
Sorry Prez. That has got to jack a person up a bit. No one deserves that which Nature has in store for some. It just fucking sucks.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
damn, Prez...that's harsh stuff.
And a sick introduction to Judge Judy.

For what it's worth, i'm sending good vibes your way.

Yeah, i know...utterly inadequate and unscientific.

It's all i have.
You're a good brother Prez.

Psychic hugs to you.
"This is what you get when you send your brains on holiday." - TA