Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion in USA
The state Republicans are wetting their pants at the chance of challenging Roe v Wade and Alabama has just passed "heartbeat" legislation that disallows abortion when a heartbeat is detected. Penalties up to 99 years in prison.

Unsurprisingly, the Alabama vote was passed by 25 white men.

It's heartening to see countries around the world enacting progressive legislation to protect women, while America continues to turn the clock back.

I imagine Jim Crow is waiting in the shadows, rubbing his hands.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Mary was reading a hilarious cartoon to me this morning; i think it was something like "Tom the Bug"; not sure.
It was an extrapolation of embryo rights, wherein a pregnant woman will be able to use the fast lane on big hi-ways because there's two people in the car, and so on.
Missouri latest state to pass abortion bill in US crackdown on laws

Quote:The vote came hours after Alabama's governor signed a near-total ban on abortion in the state on Wednesday, promoting protests and concern from pro-choice supporters.

Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky and Ohio are among the other states to pass new abortion restrictions.

[Image: _106973617_abortion_regulations_640-nc.png]
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
USA! USA! USA!

Just imagine what that map will look like in 2024, after another term of Trump's presidency.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Well, I can't comment. It's come as a surprise to the vast majority of the NSW population that abortion is still illegal in this State too. It's ignored in practice, but still on the books.
This is all good news for the providers of illegal abortions.
and sad news for womenkind.
(05-16-2019, 03:40 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Well, I can't comment.  It's come as a surprise to the vast majority of the NSW population that abortion is still illegal in this State too.    It's ignored in practice, but still on the books.

Quite funny - back in the '70s, abortion was banned in NZ and women used to fly to Aussie to get one.
https://www.gocomics.com/strangebrew/2019/05/17?ct=v&cti=2159891
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
Pinched.

The Fed. Health Minister gets his electoral diagnosis tomorrow. It's not looking good for him. Death watch.
Jesus, that's the entire Trump cabinet nailed in one go.