Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this forum
Users browsing this forum: President Bush, 23 Guest(s)

Get the fuck out of here, who are these people?
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
Fuck knows.

Some of them are 'bots, but some of them are actual people.

People search for weird shit, and with a couple of billion users on the internet, 23 isn't much of a splash.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Damn.

I assumed they came here to read my fabulous rants.

(possibly not?)

It is curious, the few threads here that are pushing 1/2 million views.
The rock and roll thread is one of them.

It's likely that most of those views are mere blunderings of the search engines, but i must say, for any fans of music, that thread shouldn't disappoint. We could be vaguely proud of some of the drivel here.

If i was stuck on a dessert island with only one source of music, it would definitely be recodger's rock and roll thread.

(We do kind-of rock, people.)

(as much as old white people can make that claim.)

Where else can you get hipped-up to Joe Byrd and the Field Hippies "Metahysical Circus?"

With at least two members (me and gray) that were in bands?

That's fully a third of the members here.

I'm very proud of us.
And equally very ashamed.

Because pride cometh before a fall.

(wtf? spell check didn't like "cometh".

Good thing spell check doesn't have to deal with me com-e thing all over their faces.

Shucks, maybe i could use some hormone replacement therapy.

"Balls to the walls" isn't part of my lexicon anymore.
I was just having a look, and it does appear to be search driven. The euthanasia thread is a good example.

I must post my DIY Exit Bag instructions again. What's 14 years in jail compared to saving someone extreme pain and suffering?
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
We'd start a fund here for your bail money.
Unless Trump finishes his first term.
I'll owe someone some money; I'll be short.

Sad about the 'search driven' news.

If i was a kid, i'd totally be lurking here.

Recodger has the coolest gang; representing 3 different countries.
Being as there's only 6 of us, our diversity % is off the charts.

(plus, the stankerosa is a separate country.)

and who knows where the prez lives?

We should make a pie-chart.

Half of us have been divorced. That's significant.
At least one of us has masturbated.
I think TA's right about it being search driven, people just trip over it looking for something else.

We have some amazing figures showing up on the Old Fart's forum too, 9 members total, 7 of whom post regularly, and 15,000+ views on one thread? The average is between 30 to 300.
It happens to be a climate change thread with lotsa links so I'm guessing they're not landing there to read our gibberish.

I've ended up on obscure forums more than often due to a loosely defined search.
That near millionish view thread makes one suspect at least a few have been back a few times and have it on alert. The numbers climb by a 100 or so in the hour after a new post appears.
We tackled this oddity some months ago.
And I tried to design a thread title for the specific purpose of drawing in the random bad googlers.

I forget the details, but i remember the gist of it.
To draw in the maximum blunders of google-ville.

iirc, i made up some outrageous Kardashian rumor..something like that...to see if we got mega-clicks.

We did not. That thread went nowhere.

Maybe i choosed the wrong terms. The algorithms weren't having it.

Maybe we could try this experiment again?

Like a thread designed to draw click bait via its key strokes?

Pepsi versus Coke?
It depends on where the hits are coming from. The Oz v NZ thread draws a lot and there's not a lot of links on that so some at least must have some interest in this region. Or get a laugh out of the bullshit.

Climate fights seem to be the attraction on the OF's forum but that's getting a lot of attention in the press due to the election bullshit.
Archie is a hermaphrodite.
(05-13-2019, 08:58 PM)stanky Wrote:  iirc, i made up some outrageous Kardashian rumor..something like that...to see if we got mega-clicks.

We did not.    That thread went nowhere.

Maybe i choosed the wrong terms. The algorithms weren't having it.

The problem with that one is that there are 178 million websites entirely dedicated to the Kardashians and they're all going to appear in front of ours.

You need something obscure, but still somewhat popular. Fuelstar is a good example - because the scammer cunt was advertising hard to get business, a lot of people were searching about the product and there were only two sites, mine and Fuelstar itself.

I knew I had the wanker killed when my pages rated higher than his, so anyone searching "Fuelstar" got shown a top result of "Why Fuelstar is a fraud" replete with oddles of evidence. He's been going to sue me since the '90s, but I haven't heard from a lawyer yet. I lose no sleep over it.