Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have two cordless drills.
The newer one is amazing. But it comes with some cords. It relies on a recharging mechanism.

The old one is truly cordless. It's a hand tool.
(I have all manner of hand tools)

Back then, the concept of "cordless" wasn't in our vocabulary; hence, my old drill couldn't brag on its true, cordless nature.

I have 4 cords coming out of this cheap lap top i'm writing on.
I've never had so many cords. They get tangled. So many adapters; chargers; amplifiers...my lap-top, for instance, has such marginal speakers, i'm not sure why they even have them. So i run a cord from the sound port to a small amp so I can hear shit. There's 3 cords going into the amp, and 4 more, going to the external speakers.

When I'm asleep, various cords and adapters and charging units conspire to become entangled. I think they're trying to create AI.

My truly cordless tools have never pulled any stunts like this. They just hang on the wall of my tool room.  They don't have the capacity to become entangled.
Electronic spaghetti, I call it.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Cool.

so it's a thing?

and maybe i'm not insane?

does your spaghetti speak to you in dreams?
I remember the spaghetti jungle hanging out of my old 'puters. Now there's just one cord to the power board to keep the battery charged up. And the cord the mouse uses as a safety line when it falls off my lap and heads floorwards.
I've got the cord knotted up so that it's just long enough to stop the mouse around an inch short of smashing itself up.

I had a wi-fi one but it died of 'head wounds' from too many floor encounters. This corded one seems a step backward in technology terms but it's way smarter in cutting the death rate of mouses.
mice.

(you meant to write mice.)
I have a couple of drill-less cords.
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
(05-11-2019, 06:21 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  This corded one seems a step backward in technology terms but it's way smarter in cutting the death rate of mouses.

(05-11-2019, 06:29 PM)stanky Wrote:  mice.

Mouse - mice.

House - hice?
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
(05-11-2019, 06:29 PM)stanky Wrote:  mice.

As in a flock of shipe??   Actually the plural should be mouse, same as sheep,  but then people think you're either stupid or forgot the 's'.

The science is not settled on this one so we're free to fight over it without wrecking the planet.

Found a comment on this site
https://painintheenglish.com/case/534
...that explains my opinion on it in one mercifully short sentence.

If mouse is an acronym for "manually-operated user-select equipment" and equipment is plural already, wouldn't mouse (as an acronym) be plural already?

My mistake was tacking on the 's'.
dang.

I guess i won't be correcting people's grammar anymore.
I didn't even know that the computer mouse was an acronym.

Can't wait to find out more stuff i don't know.

Like, a flock of moose. What's that called?
(05-11-2019, 10:56 PM)stanky Wrote:  Like, a flock of moose. What's that called?

A herd.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.