Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political advice
TA will appreciate this nailing of the current chaos in the Oz circus.   (The Chaser is a satirical crew fwiw)

https://chaser.com.au/general-news/scomo-pleads-for-candidates-to-wait-until-theyre-elected-before-being-complete-fuck-ups/?fbclid=IwAR3Nc5HojpM_NB_-V18kqlvsn4PbZP17yXoja2tvcrNHbKvhT6KTZyZR4Ww

Gotta love this one too
https://chaser.com.au/world/second-coming-ends-prematurely-as-jesus-killed-in-american-airstrike/

hell, check 'em all out, links at the right.
The Jesus one would have been much better if he'd been killed by an Israeli rocket, but the Morrison one is absolutely brilliant.

And true in every respect.

It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to use it.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
There's been a couple more rolled since that was written. 2 today I think, but one is Labor.

I'm glad I'm old. Oz is getting all moralistic about it's politicians, we'll end up like the USA.
Who cares who's rooting who or who goes to a bloody strip club or told an unPC joke 20 years ago.
The last thing we want running the joint are phony friggin' saints.
(05-02-2019, 06:39 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  There's been a couple more rolled since that was written.  2 today I think, but one is Labor.

I'm glad I'm old.  Oz is getting all moralistic about it's politicians, we'll end up like the USA.
Who cares who's rooting who or who goes to a bloody strip club or told an unPC joke 20 years ago.
The last thing we want running the joint are phony friggin' saints.

It's hardly new. I can remember lots of cases of politicians resigning in the past simply for being caught rooting someone other than his wife.

What's different is maybe that politicians had a bit more honour years ago and "What happens in Parliament, stays in Parliament".

Even Muldoon, disgusting poisoned dwarf that he was, used to put it about like a tom cat, but everyone stayed quiet, because that was the way.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
There's a TV show on called "You can't ask that!"  which gets people from similar groups, disabled, or gay, or in banking etc and asks them questions that no one would ever ask to their faces.  The answers almost always surprise and kudos to those who are willing to appear and provide the answers.

The other night, it was retired high profile politicians all from different Parties and some Fed and some State.
Some complete with scandal baggage, some not.  

It was possibly the most refreshing half hour I've seen on TV for years!  

If only the bastards could be that honest when they're in power!   But they can't.  All were in agreement that while they do their best not to tell downright lies that they could get caught for, telling the straight unvarnished truth is lethal to politicians in Parties.  Nothing we didn't already know but it was good to hear it from their own mouths.

The amazing transformation in these people after politics said it all..  Those thought boring serious bastards turned out to be funny as fuck and swore like troopers and really opened up about what goes on behind the scenes.

Sam Dastyari was among them.  The ex Iranian from the long line of camel trading con artists liars and thieves and all round shifty bastard who was caught 'colluding' with the Chinese and taking bribes for political 'considerations'.  Shanghai Sam!  

And he was not only very funny but very honest about his involvement in 'Chinagate'.  
He admitted that the heady brew of sudden power numbed his brain and that what he did was not only stupid but dangerous and he seems to have no resentment about being turfed out of politics.

A question about how it has affected him, being caught 'selling us out'  he answered ... paraphrased ... "If you can imagine that you wake up one morning and learn that everything you have, everything you worked for, and hoped for, and were convinced you had won, was suddenly all gone!  You are nothing and nobody and everybody hates you.

And on top of that you realise that it all happened solely because you alone have been conceited and stupid enough to have fucked up your life!"   .."It's pretty brutal really."

That was a surprising confession as he's been stammering out excuses of being 'naive' but has apparently given up on that one.

But the best laugh came from that grumpy old bastard Tony Windsor who came across as being a pillar of morality, probity, and ethically constipated.  

They were discussing a question about how 'close' they were with the media and old Tony related an incident where he had worked late and turned into a dimly lit corridor to find that .."a VERY senior politician had tripped and fallen to the floor with a woman pinned under him.  They were having some trouble getting back on their feet so I just stepped over them, wished them Goodnight, and left them to it." 
He was a very funny and a very good yarn spinner. Who'da thort?    Presumably, due to the subject, the woman involved in the corridor 'accident' was a journo!

Sheryl Kernow was there, she was the Leader of the Democrats*(Oz version, now defunct) when she was rooting Garth Evans,  a Minister in the Labor Government!
She was upfront about it and still doesn't see any conflict of interest in that... mmmm. well. She is a dumb blonde ... sorry is that ...somethingist? Confused

TA would have heard about the sex capers of the Whitlam government ... they were going at it like ferrets!  
One of the top ministers, John Brown, "Brownie" was quite unabashed to relate that he was so busy working for the Aussie people that he hadn't had time to go home for 5 days so his wife came down to Canberra to visit him and he banged her on the desk in his office!    well, at least that one was his wife.

But no one called for his resignation over it. We weren't as 'moralistic' back then as now.  We didn't have Twitter to display our "outrage" on which I suspect is at least partly the cause of the bluestocking outbreak.  

Hilarious that the people on Twitter and other social media who don't hesitate to post suggestive, even lewd selfies under the heading of "my rights"  acquire buckets of highly principled moral judgement to tip on others who exhibit a touch of lewdness.

What gives with that?
(05-02-2019, 06:10 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  TA would have heard about the sex capers of the Whitlam government ... they were going at it like ferrets!  

They all do, and I imagine always have.

If you go back to David Lloyd-George, the Welsh Wizard PM of UK in WWI, he was fucking all of his aides, who were hand-picked women's reservists.

I think even one or two of the Caesars were into it.