Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pazuzu Awakens!
My & I went fishing this morning - for the second day in a row. Yesterday was great, with a couple of very nice snapper that got eaten for dinner last night, but today there were only little ones and a huge eagle ray that refused the opportunity of taking my bait and dying.

My boy did a bit of exploring and found this excellent demonic brass statue:

[Image: pazuzu1.jpg]

It was pretty messy, but cleaned up with Brasso, although I'll have to find something to see if I can get rid of the deep salt corrosion.

It obviously wasn't washed up, but had been at the beach for a while, hidden among some rocks in a position that looked like it had been thrown from a car. That would fit with someone deciding to get rid of it - after all, it didn't do Regan any good having one in her house.

It's about 8 inches high and same wide, weighs a pound and a bit and is now sitting centre stage on my display of the bizarre, right next to a bible with a glow-in-the-dark pentagram on it, with a megalodon tooth the other side.

Very fucking cool.

I'm picking it's supposed to be Pazuzu as I can find some images very much like it, and I can't find any other matches, but if anyone has any other suggestions, go ahead!

Extra note: This is the same beach the same boy found a message in a bottle last year that someone had thrown into the water in memory of their brother who had died a year before.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Here's the boy TA.   Def. not Pazuzu, much more mundane.

http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Garuda

[Image: 281hi6f.jpg]

Not into Asian mythology but I thought Garuda for some reason but the pictures didn't match until I found this one from Bali.  The turned back fingers were the hint to look for it in Bali.
  The other forms of Garuda a little different in Malaysia/Indo etc.  This one is best fit.

You're welcome.  She said smugly. Cool

Intriguing how it got there.  Lets see, GF goes to Bali buys the boyfriend the statue then pisses off so he tosses it off the cliff.  Or vice versa, or he murdered her with it and tossed the evidence, did you check it for blood and hair? ...  or it was the mother in laws favourite ornament and son in law threw it from the mourning car on the way to the cemetery or ....

wish I hadn't started wondering about it now.

Another very similar figure is Chinese but it's wings spring from it's back, not slip ons like the 'Garuda' figures.
Oh, the irony.

Finally, a thread wherein someone is using brass polish, and possibly seeking a better product.

(i'm speechless)
(04-24-2019, 03:40 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Not into Asian mythology but I thought Garuda for some reason but the pictures didn't match until I found this one from Bali. 

That is the exact same one alright, and Bali certainly fits. It's not as though there are no South-east Asians in NZ.

Spoils the demonic story, but great pick. Clearly no long-term memory issues for you!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
But why doesn't Di have memory issues? Could it be, oh, I don't know...DEMONIC POSSESSION?????
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
They got a saying in the hills:

"She ain't right in the head".

it covers a lot of bases
(04-24-2019, 06:50 PM)sparks Wrote:  But why doesn't Di have memory issues? Could it be, oh, I don't know...DEMONIC POSSESSION?????

I tried that 360 degree head spin thing but I couldn't move my neck for a week so that super power is out!
(04-24-2019, 06:50 PM)sparks Wrote:  But why doesn't Di have memory issues?  Could it be, oh, I don't know...DEMONIC POSSESSION?????

Or perhaps it could be...Mnemonic possession?
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
"Mnemonic possession? "

Oh, that one is a gold plate 10 pun Grayman!
Oh man GM...that one is so bad, it's good! Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.