Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuckin' Hell - Now Sri Lanka
100+ dead, hundreds injured. No claims of responsibility yet, with the two obvious suspects: Islamic or Tamil terrorists.

Given a fairly long recent history of attacks on muslims & their temples, muslims will probably be the most likely, especially as the Tamils have been quiet for 20 years.

Then again, Ireland had been fairly quiet for 20 years as well.

Happy Easter!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Goddamned dumbth fuckers. They just don't get the fact that we all stand together or we all go down together, do they? My money is on Islam, because they are so fucking certain that their book is the last book to be written on the subject of GoooooWaaaad and is, of course, infallible as are they all.

Stupid, depraved, deluded, indoctrinated fucking piss-ants. There is but one thing to do with them, disgusting as it is. We must excise the cancer before it kills us all. And those who are 'mild' Islamists must be made to understand that if they let their shit get out of hand, action will be taken. I think the same can be said of every motherfucking religion.

I do not wish to be forced to extremism because it's antithetical to my nature. But by GoooooWadaaaaaad it seems the only thing to do.

Please, someone here tell me there's another solution that doesn't involve killing every last one of these miserable cunts down to the last man, woman, and child. There simply has to be a way goddamnit!
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Your best chance is China. They don't fuck about with them.
Well I'm not sure I'd call that a solution, but thanks just the same! Smile
(04-21-2019, 02:56 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Your best chance is China.  They don't fuck about with them.

Hmm, not so sure killing them all is ideal.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I expect you're right TA. But in order to kill an idea, it's necessary to kill all who hold it in their minds, yes?

Jesus fucking christ, I never thought I'd utter those words.

But this madness has got to stop, and frankly, to my tiny earth mind, this seems the best way.

"Are you willing to die for Gawd?"

"Yes."

Bang!!!

"Next!"
How very 'Right wing' of you Sparky.  [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

...errr, I haven't been a bad influence on you have I? Confused Sad

I think I empathise with your meaning though, comes a time when the 'doing the right thing' patience and energy runs out and anything to just get it over with starts to look tempting.
(04-21-2019, 01:28 PM)sparks Wrote:  I expect you're right TA. But in order to kill an idea, it's necessary to kill all who hold it in their minds, yes?

That's what China appears to be doing to the Uighurs - either completely renounce your religion and agree to live as a good Chinese citizen, and considering their total surveillance and social capital structure, you'd need to stick to it.

Or, become an organ donor.

(04-21-2019, 01:28 PM)sparks Wrote:  But this madness has got to stop, and frankly, to my tiny earth mind, this seems the best way.

"Are you willing to die for Gawd?"

If only it were that simple. Nationalism has a lot of the same behaviours as religion, and the Chinese aren't doing it because they're atheists, they're doing it because the only loyalty you can have in China is to the state.

It's why we should embrace climate change and just let evolution take its course. That will destroy human society just about the time we're unable to survive without technology, ensuring that only a few remote people manage to survive and give it all another go.
Quote:
It's why we should embrace climate change and just let evolution take its course. That will destroy human society just about the time we're unable to survive without technology, ensuring that only a few remote people manage to survive and give it all another go.

That's my take on it, all the bullshit with taxing air is a waste of time and money. 
Not sure that another go would turn out any different though.  But we'll never know.
(04-21-2019, 01:31 AM)sparks Wrote:  Goddamned dumbth fuckers.  They just don't get the fact that we all stand together or we all go down together, do they?  My money is on Islam, because they are so fucking certain that their book is the last book to be written on the subject of GoooooWaaaad and is, of course, infallible as are they all.  

Stupid, depraved, deluded, indoctrinated fucking piss-ants.  There is but one thing to do with them, disgusting as it is.  We must excise the cancer before it kills us all.  And those who are 'mild' Islamists must be made to understand that if they let their shit get out of hand, action will be taken. I think the same can be said of every motherfucking religion.

I do not wish to be forced to extremism because it's antithetical to my nature.  But by GoooooWadaaaaaad it seems the only thing to do.

Please, someone here tell me there's another solution that doesn't involve killing every last one of these miserable cunts down to the last man, woman, and child.  There simply has to be a way goddamnit!

There's likely many solutions other than that one.

I would suggest another approach to the problem:

There's good evidence that terrorism and the religious fervor that embraces it are strongly correlated with poverty and lack of education.

Given the cost of war, for instance, what if the U.S. had used those trillions to prevent the desperation that leads men to bad decisions?
Drought and famine can lead a fella to work a new job.

Unfortunately, the degree of corruption in this failed democracy (the U.S.) is invested in the exact opposite; creating situations ripe for conflict, that we may continue to make a few people very wealthy, and remain the globe's premier arms merchant...despite the wishes of the tax-payers and voters.

So that's an approach...

Insist upon a democracy.

Doing that would bankrupt terrorism.