Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is transgendering a luxury of money?
A relative of Mary's has been working the sexual ambiguity thing for all it's worth...since he/she was 15 years old.

His/her parents (good friends of mine) spent a shit ton of money dealing with this.

I'm extremely liberal about sexuality. I don't care what it is, as long as it isn't pedophilia or sadism.

I've never been confused about sex, myself...but i'm able to consider how that confusion might have manifested in my 'day'.

"Ma, Dad...we need to talk. I think i'm a female in a man's body. It's not exactly gay...it's more complicated than that...and i'll need $20,ooo to even explore the issue."

Fuck off, son...we don't have that sort of money. Fuck whatever you want to, as long as it isn't rape...or don't fuck at all if you aren't inclined to do so. But there's no way we're tossing the bucks at you and your troubles. We simply don't have the money. Don't be a cunt about it son...we're barely making ends meet.

People that aren't wealthy simply can't afford the sexual ambiguities of their children.

That's why it's relatively new.

It's a phenomena of wealth.

For some reason, money is seldom mentioned in the lgbtq community.

It takes some dough to be radically queer. 

The kid I know that's doing it, male to female, has already had breast implants. he/she wants more surgery. It's fabulously hip and stunningly expensive. Had one of my kids hit me with this, i would have had to say "fuck-off. I love you, but you should consider working through this in a way that won't cost more than i can make...stacking these stones."

God forbid, the other kid has leukemia...and needs all manner of medical help. And I have to choose between those needs.
And i'm strapped for money.
There's a cost associated with being tragically hip. For me, it's fairly new to see young rebels covered in tattoos.
I'm all in with various radical expressions of one's individuality...but when i see a kid, covered in tattoos, i have to wonder...who paid for that?
Those tats aren't cheap.

Did mommy pay for it?

If so, how cool is that rebellious nature?

Not cool at all, imho.

The price of rebellion use to be cheap as fuck.
It was the opposite of money.

Enter this new world. And the price of being unique.

When i see a kid, covered in tats and piercings, i have to wonder....

How did you manage to get your mom to pay for that?
Is it possible that you're a little manipulative cunt?\Is that what those tats represent?

Is that the new cool?

Or, do you need a spanking?
(04-09-2019, 06:18 PM)stanky Wrote:  People that aren't wealthy simply can't afford the sexual ambiguities of their children.

That's why it's relatively new.

It's a phenomena of wealth.

Nah, you have the wrong end of that stick. The ones with rich parents are lucky; the average trans puts up with having what they consider the "wrong" sexual organs, as well as the bigotry and lack of employment opportunities.

It's more common now because it's more acceptable,
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Acceptable or not, to go through the whole transformation requires some money. Most people on Earth can't afford it.
Assuming that the genetic quirk (is that non-pc?) is fairly evenly distributed, much like homosexuality is, than the kid in Uganda won't even be able to get the hormones he needs...much less any augmenting surgeries.

I'm not suggesting that money causes the "issue". It merely enables it. If we checked the stats, I'll guess that there's proportionately more transgender people in wealthy nations.
True, in some (most?) of poor nations, there might be less tolerance. As if tolerance itself is a matter of wealth.

I'm not sure what I'm getting at, but the point stands.
(04-10-2019, 12:38 PM)stanky Wrote:  Acceptable or not, to go through the whole transformation requires some money. Most people on Earth can't afford it.

Which is why most trans chicks still have a penis.

Assuming that the genetic quirk (is that non-pc?) is fairly evenly distributed, much like homosexuality is, than the kid in Uganda won't even be able to get the hormones he needs...much less any augmenting surgeries.

(04-10-2019, 12:38 PM)stanky Wrote:  I'll guess that there's proportionately more transgender people in wealthy nations.

I'm not sure what I'm getting at, but the point stands.

No worries - your point is just wrong. Wherever you look you won't find a higher occurrence than in Pasifika people, and that pre-dates European contact, so we can be damned sure there were no chop-ops going on.

You're basing your position on an extremely small and non-representative sample.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
So you say.

I suspect you're simply being argumentative.

But so am i.

No one else wants to chime in, and I'm happy to drop it where it is.

I'd hope no one comes away thinking i'm fundamentally opposed to radical expressions of counter cultures. I'm not.

I'm cursed with the privilege of being a (large) straight white American male.
It's not my fault...just a coincidence of birth.

Same with all of us here.

(Bless your heart, TA.)
(04-11-2019, 10:39 AM)stanky Wrote:  So you say.

I suspect you're simply being argumentative.

Nope, I'm speaking from authority on the subject, backed by mountains of evidence.

You're offering an opinion based on a very small sample and are just wrong.

I'm happy to argue any part of the trans debate, because the science - such as there is - is very lean and contains what I consider to be some serious errors.

The whole "let kids choose their own gender" disturbs the fuck out of me, while the allowing young kids to start hormones to stop puberty appears to be a terrible idea.

The idea that it's being driven by money is laughable, although I'm sure there are a few cases where it probaby is. Focusing on that tiny group detracts from the real issues.
Not sure why you persist.

What is the cost of hormone therapy in a community that can barely afford food?
(04-11-2019, 02:32 PM)stanky Wrote:  Not sure why you persist.

An area of interest that I try to dispel myths about.

(04-11-2019, 02:32 PM)stanky Wrote:  What is the cost of hormone therapy in a community that can barely afford food?

Again, you're stuck in USA mode. Other countries provide drugs for free. In USA, lots go without food to afford the drugs.

I belong to a trans forum if you'd like to come and talk to some trans people and see what they think about your view.
You are aware of the global average annual income, right?
I'm not trying to be U.S. centric on this...more like global.

A trans community view would be interesting. I've little experience with that view.
Quite possibly, I'd get my ass handed to me.

i hope it shows that I'm not coming from a place of hostility on the issue.

Is it possible to be a redneck snowflake?

(Can you pm me a link to the trans forum? I'd be curious to lurk a bit, if appropriate.)