Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would the real Ivan please stand up?
No link to the following, copy forwarded in an email  seems to be just a blogsite, Rum Rebellion,  opinion piece,  but comes from a bloke in the 'money game' associated with "Money and Market" mag ???   ...but don't let that put you off, they get it right more often than poor people do, just sayin'. Angel 

Anyway it's food for thought if only for the mental exercise of comparing the similarity of allegations with the differing reaction of the media, and the Dems,  in it's coverage. 

If anyone is interested you'd have a better chance of fact checking as I don't know the characters involved.

Seems a good explanation as to why the Dems didn't go ballistic over the 'Creepy Joe' campaign.  Saw old Nancy being very concilliatory and hosing it down as just Joe's failure to notice that social more's have changed.

...seriously Nance, Trump's social more's have been headlined by you in particular for years, can't Joe read?

Or is it wise to let the focus remain on his hands and not what he and his son have been up to? 
Little misdemeanors like interfering in Ukrainian government??   gasp?   ..surely not nice Uncle Joe?  , Biden that is not Stalin.  But both seem to be linked to Russia so ... Angel
Then again, it could be that Trump is accused of letting Russia interfere in US elections, whereas it's okay that the USA, through Biden, is implicated in interfering in Ukrainian judicial appointments.    ... is that how this works? Just cover that aspect of it up now the mud is sticking to  the Dems?

As CTs go it sounds plausible.  So did his  'rumour' about Trudeau being up to his armpits in developer deals when no one believed purity boy could do any wrong.   So it's a definite maybe theory/CT/rumour/expose'  ... I luv this stuff.

Who'da thort Donny and Joe could have so much in common?  Big Grin... besides that grope and grab habit. Cool

Here 'tis, copy/ pasted.

If you're time strapped start reading from the red highlighted line,  down the page a bit.

Quote:This Story Will Shock You

Thursday, 4 April 2019
Albert Park, Melbourne
By Greg Canavan
Twitter: @canavan_greg

Dear Reader,

Today’s essay should shock you. If it doesn’t, I guess you’re just too cynical and jaded. Or perhaps you simply don’t want to see it.

Let’s see how you go…

First, some context.

One of the underlying themes of the Rum Rebellion is that there is a power struggle between entrepreneurial business and governments. This power struggle was one of the main causes of the actual Rum Rebellion that occurred early in Australia’s colonial history, in 1808.

To quote from the Rum Rebellion website:

‘There is a constant battle between the core ideology of government control of the economy, and a free market. But the absence of regulation opens the door for unscrupulous characters to pursue profits and power, and then use this power to create barriers to trade and cement their position.

‘The Rum Rebellion humbly seeks to be a voice for liberty-seeking citizens of Australia, guarding against both government encroachment in our lives and corporate chicanery.’

Perhaps I need to amend that mission statement. It’s not just about highlighting government encroachment in our lives and/or corporate chicanery.

Because something far more insidious is going on. For want of a better word, I guess you’d call it crony capitalism. This is where government AND business join together to abuse the law (because they can) to enrich themselves.

What makes this possible is an establishment media that is complicit in covering it up.

With that in mind, let’s get to the story.

You’ve probably heard about US Democratic candidate for 2020, Joe Biden.

He’s (all of a sudden) been in the news lately for inappropriate behaviour towards woman. They don’t call him ‘creepy Joe’ for nothing…

Google it. The headlines are everywhere.

What you won’t see amongst those headlines though is a far more interesting, and damaging, story about Joe Biden.

Why aren’t the establishment media covering it?

I’ll get to that.

First, the scandal…

Investigative journalist John Solomon broke the story a few days ago, in an opinion piece published in The Hill. The gist of it is this:

Joe Biden, in his capacity as vice president in the Obama administration in 2016, threatened to withhold a US$1 billion loan guarantee from Ukraine unless the President Petro Poroshenko, fired Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.

Biden subsequently bragged about doing this at a Council on Foreign Relations forum.

But he didn’t mention a crucial piece of information. He didn’t mention why he wanted the prosecutor gone. As John Solomon reports:

‘But Ukrainian officials tell me there was one crucial piece of information that Biden must have known but didn’t mention to his audience: The prosecutor he got fired was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings that employed Biden’s younger son, Hunter, as a board member.

‘U.S. banking records show Hunter Biden’s American-based firm, Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC, received regular transfers into one of its accounts — usually more than $166,000 a month — from Burisma from spring 2014 through fall 2015, during a period when Vice President Biden was the main U.S. official dealing with Ukraine and its tense relations with Russia.’

Can you imagine if this was Trump and one of his sons? The establishment media would be all over it, calling for his impeachment (again).

But when it comes to creepy Joe, there is nothing. Just the inappropriate behaviour taking up the headlines.

What is shocking here is not the actions of Joe Biden. Give someone enough power, and they will eventually abuse it. What is shocking is the failure of the establishment media, the supposed ‘fourth estate’, to bring such alleged corruption to the public’s attention.

This happened back in March of 2016.

Why would the media leave this alone, then and now?

It may have something to do with the fact that this all ties in to a much bigger issue. Ukraine officials were a source of much information about ‘Trump/Russia collusion’, a story that was officially debunked last week. (Unofficially, it was always a fantasy).

You might recall that Ukraine went through a period of upheaval starting in 2013 and is split between pro-Western/US factions and pro-Russian supporters. It’s not surprising then, that so much Trump/Russia collusion ‘information’ came from there.

As I’ve mentioned before, the establishment media peddled this collusion fable for years, taking in leaked information from a range of ‘sources’, all because it hated Donald Trump and didn’t want him to win office. When he did, the media wanted him out.

No wonder it didn’t want to touch the Joe Biden/Hunter Biden story! Who’d want to take the lid off that can of worms? It could well have implicated Obama and former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. Everyone knows she paid for the ‘Steele Dossier’ that was the centrepiece of the Russian collusion claims.

When you’re a part of the establishment, as the mainstream media are, you don’t want to expose establishment kingpins. It’s not good for business.

But perhaps that will now change. With Robert Mueller’s two year plus investigation into Trump over, and having found no evidence of collusion, it’s not surprising that this story is now beginning to surface.

The Ukrainian prosecutor who replaced the ousted Viktor Shokin, Yuriy Lutsenko, now appears keen to be pick up the case. Solomon reports that:

‘Lutsenko said some of the evidence he knows about in the Burisma case may interest U.S. authorities and he’d like to present that information to new U.S. Attorney General William Barr, particularly the vice president’s intervention.’

That would be interesting…

At least Solomon is asking questions. As he concludes his report:

‘…some hard questions should be answered by Biden as he prepares, potentially, to run for president in 2020: Was it appropriate for your son and his firm to cash in on Ukraine while you served as point man for Ukraine policy? What work was performed for the money Hunter Biden’s firm received? Did you know about the Burisma probe? And when it was publicly announced that your son worked for Burisma, should you have recused yourself from leveraging a U.S. policy to pressure the prosecutor who very publicly pursued Burisma?’

Earlier this week, Solomon and fellow investigative reporter Sara Carter discussed the state of journalism and the establishment media with Mark Levin. It’s a fascinating interview. You can watch it here.

Then there is this lengthy piece by another great investigative reporter, Jeff Carlson.

There is only one conclusion to make here. The elite owners of the media, the established layers of government bureaucracy, and big, big business, are all allies, working to rig the system in their favour.

Their aim is to keep you in the dark.

It is not for nothing that the Washington Post’s motto is ‘Democracy dies in darkness’. Don’t they know it…

Regards,

Signature
Greg Canavan,
Editor, The Rum Rebellion

(Bolding is mine, couldn't resist.)
That looks completely legit, as The Times, UK, has the story up as of a few hours ago.

Nice. No surprise at all. I certainly prefer Trump to Biden, and very well put about the lack of coverage by the left press. That's a disgrace.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I wanna see Rachel Madcow ranting about Biden and demanding he be extradited to the Ukraine to be tried for sedition or whatever fancy name there is for interfering in foreign governments. Or that he be tried in the US or corruption using his position as Vice President?? and will she demand an investigation into Bammy's knowledge of what Joe was up to?

Think she'll do that?? Think CNN will?
What about Baldwin doing some Joe Biden send ups?

I burst out laughing when Trump said, with a knowing smirk, "welcome to the world Joe." when referring to the Creepy Joe memes. ... can't wait to see what he says about the Ukraine connection. That should be a hoot. Christ his head will explode!

Pleased to hear that the story has broken even if only in the UK. I feared it was a furfy.
I thought I was just being paranoid about the bias of the media, that it's rotten to the core, from both sides in.
I wasn't wrong about them being whores after all.

I'd still rather read the Gardy than Breitbart, they at least try to cover their arses better, but trust neither.
My biggest beef with the Gardy is that don't run stories they don't like at all sometimes. That's just cheating.
Can't believe a story this big has only 12 views.
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
(04-07-2019, 05:41 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I wanna see Rachel Madcow ranting about Biden and demanding he be extradited to the Ukraine to be tried for sedition or   whatever fancy name there is for interfering in foreign governments.  Or that he be tried in the US or corruption using his position as Vice President??  and will she demand  an investigation into Bammy's knowledge of what Joe was up to?

Over her dead body is my guess. Only Republicans are bad to Rach.

(04-07-2019, 05:41 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  What about Baldwin doing some Joe Biden send ups?

Wrong on that one, SNL did Biden on Saturday. Very nicely, too: https://globalnews.ca/video/5138513/snl-attempts-to-teach-joe-biden-proper-etiquette-in-meeting-women

(04-07-2019, 05:41 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:   ... can't wait to see what he says about the Ukraine connection.  That should be a hoot.  Christ his head will explode!

The worst thing is, it's not Trump's opinion that matters - the Democrats themselves should be screaming this from the rooftops and barring Biden from joining the race.

The left is always its own worst enemy, and Corbyn has done much the same thing as Biden, except with Jews: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/07/labour-defends-antisemitism-response-after-documents-leak
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
The SNL skit was well done, up until the end when it put the spin on it that they all seemed to be giving the same old message that it's just Joe bein' Joe and it's all okay 'cos  ..yea!  he's gonna run for President and who cares where his hands are 'cos he's not a Republican.

.. then again, I could be biased.   perish the thort eh? Angel

Re the contorted thinking thing ...  I still can't get my head around the Corbyn syndrome.

They're Left = anti nazi/fascists  while they're also Anti-semitic = nazi/fascist.

They hate nazis 'cos holocaust and they hate those targeted by the holocaust 'cos ...what? 

Is it because Jews are fighting the most Far/Fascist Right culture in history??  Isn't that what the Left does?

Or is it because the Jews are seen to be controlling the money markets .. again .. still?

What the fuck is that Corbyn anti jew contradictory  version of Labor 'ideology' really all about??  

It just doesn't make any logical sense to me.  Do they really stand for anything at all?

Do the majority of those claiming to be "Leftists/liberal/progressives know anything about what the ideological points of the movement are?  Or are they just marching behind a movement that seems to be "on their side"?  Even though as is continually being revealed, it's on the same side as those they're protesting about.

I think I need a coffee and a good lie down 'cos this Left/Right/Brainfucked thing is too hard to handle this early in the day. Confused Huh Undecided
I've mentioned this before, and it might sound cynical...

But we need to get past this right and left thing, as if it's two parties.

It isn't.

It's one party.

Are we allowed to call it the party of the military industrial complex yet?

I wish it was a chess game.

No chess player would be 'horn-swaggled' by something so cheesy and obvious.

The more we take it seriously (this phantom democratic system) the more useless we become.

It sucks all the juice out of us.

Plan B is a bit much to digest.
(04-07-2019, 03:40 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Is it because Jews are fighting the most Far/Fascist Right culture in history??  Isn't that what the Left does?

Jews are rich.

The sad part is, the dumb cunts have so poisoned the well that you can't criticise Israel for their war crimes.

Bibi is delighted.

(04-07-2019, 05:39 PM)stanky Wrote:  I've mentioned this before, and it might sound cynical...

But we need to get past this right and left thing, as if it's two parties.

It isn't.

It's one party.

You're being all US-centric again, mate. The rest of the world isn't like that, and there's a huge difference between the sides of the political spectrum elsewhere.

Britain did their Conservative-Lite act with Tiny Blair and acted to make sure it would never happen again.

Unfortunately, this means they picked what they thought was the furthest-left of all and gave Corbyn the job. Even more unfortunately, he's a useless cunt. Utterly and completely useless - unable to even see the fact that Brexit is there to be taken off the agenda and earn himself a place in history as the man who fixed it.

The stupid old fart should be pottering about an allotment somewhere in the wilds of rural England, not trying to gain the PM's seat.
I think we need to take a moment to enjoy and contemplate again  the deep wisdom in this philosophical commentary on the human condition.   Angel Big Grin

...this seems as good a place as any.   ... they should play this in parliament/congress etc instead of saying prayers, it makes more sense.

Fuck yes. Brilliant idea.