Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thalidomide wasn't enough
... to stop doctors prescribing drugs to women.

This is a fucking horror story, featuring yet again, a large pharmaceutical company and a completely unsafe drug.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12209678
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Why would any rational woman (on meds) with epilepsy and/or bipolar disorder deign to get pregnant and then remain on their meds while attempting to bring children into their fucked up world?

Dumb fucking cunts.

And now, it's all Big Pharma's fault that they couldn't take responsibility for their own lives and the lives of their now fucked up children.

Ain't buyin' into this nonsense.

New rule: If you're on meds required to keep your brain from going batshit then you must also take something that will prevent conception. Or, it's off to the padded laughing academy for you where your only chance at conceiving kids is through Blotto the night nurse or divine intervention by Gawd who will gratuitously make sure the kid is healthy. Because, you know, Gawd has a plan for him/her/it without so much as a reach around to the poor little shit that's gonna end up on the cross.

But, Gawd is good. I see that slogan everywhere.

Right.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(03-05-2019, 02:45 PM)sparks Wrote:  Why would any rational woman (on meds) with epilepsy and/or bipolar disorder deign to get pregnant and then remain on their meds while attempting to bring children into their fucked up world?

Dumb fucking cunts.

Except doctors' advice was that it was ok. I can't blame the women for it - they're listening to their doctors and getting shit advice.

You could equally ask what woman would drink alcohol, given a single night on the booze can cause foetal alcohol syndrome.

We don't live in a very rational world.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
a single night on the booze can cause a fetus.
And often has. Good point stank.

Sure they got shit advice from their MDs TA. But this is the age of the interwebz, doesn't anyone do their own homework anymore?

Fuck.
“In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.”

― Donny Miller
"when you think you've lost everything... you find out you can always lose a little bit more." - President Bush
Indeed, and a bad choice at that.
(03-05-2019, 09:14 PM)sparks Wrote:  And often has.  Good point stank.

Sure they got shit advice from their MDs TA.  But this is the age of the interwebz, doesn't anyone do their own homework anymore?

Fuck.

Phew, that's a bad option.

Try finding information on vaccines and see what that homework brings. The internet is great if you can filter out the bullshit, and not many people can do that effectively.
I had a smirk at that advice too. I have an ailment I know a fair bit about but still find amusement in reading some of the crap that's written about it on the 'net. Even sites that appear to be genuine medical institutions are fronts for frothers.

You have have to double/triple check the validity of the source before believing much of the content.
(03-06-2019, 06:40 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I had a smirk at that advice too.  I have an ailment I know a fair bit about but still find amusement in reading some of the crap that's written about it on the 'net.  Even sites that appear to be genuine medical institutions are fronts for frothers.

You have have to double/triple check the validity of the source before believing much of the content.

Thanks for making my point Di.

You can't just blindly trust fucking Doctors.  You must be proactive in your own health care.  Interwebz is only one place to start and sure, it's full of bullshit.  Sorry if a lot of peeps aren't smart enough to separate the seed from the chaff.  To those poor bastards belong the dregs of death.  I recognize that's what's going on.  I also recognize it's not my fault.  Any suggestions on how to make that shit stop?  I'd love to hear them.

Now then, I could be diagnosed with some nasty and virtually incurable cancer tomorrow.  I'd still Google it once my Doc said I had same.  Then I'd talk to a few more Docs and confirm it.  Then I'd get my shit in order and then I'd arrange to have some fun before the end.

That's just the way this shit works.

And that is fucking well all.

Agreed?