Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Cunts!
I had no idea new peeps were even trying to sign up.

Are they all trolls?

Or are we filtering out potential new blood?

(I'm clueless about the inner workings of recodger.)

It's kind-of weird, though, that this experiment has carried on for a few years, with only 5 or 6 members.

Is that normal?
It's not unique, I've been on other tiny forums that went for years, Old Farts is a last refuge of older Aussie posters who've known each other for years over different forums at different times.

We all got together on one that closed due to the owner pulling the plug, then we shifted to another with too many 'PC pixies' and gasping moderators so, (with TA's still much appreciated help), I started up Old Farts,  only about 6 of us there and a  couple who drop in when they feel up to it (or remember it's there) but it's a place to chew the fat.
We're all into arguing politics, but then that's no surprise is it?  Angel  We're about equal numbers Left and Right so it stays interesting.  Forums full of people all in agreement are doomed to die or become confirmation fests for the crazies.

If people 'get' one another it doesn't matter that they fight, it's a good healthy sign.  They stick together out of familiarity, respect, and because they kinda like each other even when they're 'wrong'. WinkBig Grin

Oh, and a sense of humour helps.

I got caught by TA when signed in as Milo Yanniwhatever 'is name is.  Twigged it was him again this time.
(03-06-2019, 04:26 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  It's not unique, I've been on other tiny forums that went for years, Old Farts is a last refuge of older Aussie posters who've known each other for years over different forums at different times.

We all got together on one that closed due to the owner pulling the plug, then we shifted to another with too many 'PC pixies' and gasping moderators so, (with TA's still much appreciated help), I started up Old Farts,  only about 6 of us there and a  couple who drop in when they feel up to it (or remember it's there) but it's a place to chew the fat.

If people 'get' one another it doesn't matter that they fight, it's a good healthy sign.  They stick together out of familiarity, respect, and because they kinda like each other even when they're 'wrong'. WinkBig Grin

Oh, and a sense of humour helps.

Kinda like this place, hmmm?

(03-06-2019, 04:26 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I got caught by TA when signed in as Milo Yanniwhatever 'is name is.  Twigged it was him again this time.

What if...we are all TA?

We are legion.

Actually Di, you are the only one here who is not TA.

There is no grayman in New England.

No sparks in the Pacific Northwest.

Neither stanky nor stankerosa.

No wandering Pres. 

The Atheist is not even from New Zealand.

He is an unemployed twenty-something living in his mom's basement in Coxsackie, New York - a small town about one hundred and thirty three miles north of NYC (although in hot humid weather it tends to drop down a bit).
"Just be patient, have a rum shot and a smoke and maybe a toke and enjoy the company." - sparks
Nup. People from Coxsackie NY can't do 'Kiwi'. just can't. Can't speak for the rest of you but TA seems real.

I'll come clean about being a 22 year old Playboy Bunny with a stilettos and fluffy tail fetish when I think you all might be ready to weather the shock.
Well, if you wish to claim that trophy, then I will make no challenge. Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(I could claim flowing auburn locks too if you'd like that Sparky  Wink)  
(03-05-2019, 09:13 PM)stanky Wrote:  I'm not sure i understand.

can someone explain?

(seriously. This is one of my stupid zones.)

Very simple - I start up a name with my Sooper Admin Powers and bingo! He exists.

I thought the self-description was a giveaway, but not quite, I guess.

The plan is that these cunts will find it, cry about it, jump up & down about, threaten all sorts of Armageddon about it, and be completely ignored, because they're useless, gutless filth who aren't even smart enough to know how the internet works.

(03-05-2019, 09:51 PM)stanky Wrote:  I had no idea new peeps were even trying to sign up.

Surprisingly enough, they are. I had an actual new member "mucky" email me last week asking for a new password, so he might even post at some stage.

Dr Keith, from JREF/ISF is a signed-up member here and even name-checked Quarky a couple of days ago. You never know, he might drop in & say hi at some stage.

Law of averages says that sooner or later someone will test the waters.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.