Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a National Emergency:
We need to figure out how we can get the best and brightest people to be in charge.

The present system simply won't allow it.

So what to do?

For starters the best people need  to be drafted into service.
Almost against their will.
People that long for high office should be eliminated.
They are clearly of suspect mental health.

It's tragic that we continue to be lead by an endless series of socio-paths.

There is no shortage of smart people.

Yet, this stupid system ensures that we must be lead by stupid people.
Not only stupid, but sociopathic.

So,

How to cut through this sludge?

Quite possibly, it can't be done.

That would be a victory of stupid shit, and a massive defeat for intelligence.

Are we ok with that?
We have to be.

It's pretty much only those who either made more money than they can use and want to try a taste of power to go with it as dessert, or people who can't make it in the rat race to the vault so they just give that up and concentrate on the power which they gather from others who can't make the grade but feel they deserve to anyway.

Isn't that how everybody's politicians operate?

Think about it, on a per capita basis how many people would devote their lives to the service of others through the filthy game of politics? The prime goal would probably be a Doctor in MSF or start up a clinic in the Borneo jungle or such.
Or run a drop in centre in Detroit, those kind of people are usually hands on types. They don't have the patience for a decade or 3 of butting heads with those sociopaths.

So, should you find one, or 2 or even 3, how would you recognize them from all the other fake 'saints'?

They're all crowing the same tune.
We are here to serve the people.
We will raise the poor out of poverty.
We will break the hold of the filthy rich.
We will reform the system.
We will ensure a fairer form of government.
We will ensure that no one is left behind.
We will break the tyranny of the Capitalist system
We will make America Great... oh not that one sorry ...
We will make health care free for all.

Which ones are serious and which are the phonies?? How would you tell?
By the time their agendas are obvious, genuine givvashits or self interested in getting votes with any story the voters will buy, you are going to be back at square one.
Because there are hundreds of the bastards in there plotting mayhem, and the voices of those very few good people won't count for diddly squat.

Hey, Bernie had a good try for a very long time and he couldn't do more than leave a bruise.

I admire your quest, I just wouldn't bankroll it.
(02-19-2019, 02:48 AM)stanky Wrote:  Yet, this stupid system ensures that we must be lead by stupid people.

I think Douglas Adams' idea had merit.

Find the person who least wants to be president and make them the president.

(02-19-2019, 03:47 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Hey, Bernie had a good try for a very long time and he couldn't do more than leave a bruise.  

And in a complete farce, he's going to have another go.

I hear the Dem forms at the primaries are going to be printed in the format of telephone books because there are so many of them.

"None of the above" still winning hands down in the polls.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Well,

Not to sound all "Pollyanna" or anything, because, in truth, i'm fairly devoid of hope, but:

Both of you non-Americans missed something about Bernie's "bruise".

(Btw, he officially announced his candidacy yesterday.)

The lesson from his last try was two-fold:
The DNC is hopelessly corrupt.
And,
A grass roots campaign can indeed have a go at it. With small donations.

My personal opinion about all that is surely irrelevant and irreverent. We need a third party. A viable one. Not so much the Star-Buck's guy.

But ignoring that, Bernie's platform has entered the mainstream. Regular people find it digestible. Even lots of republicans.
Ironically, Trump won by echoing a lot of it.
Of course, he's a con-man. He never meant a word of it.

As per my appeal, in the title of the thread, is this essential element:
We (the people) need to draft the right people into service. They need to be reluctant as hell.
Like a soft version of Douglass Adam's approach.

A method for weeding out the sociopaths.

At this juncture, there's nothing to be lost in tossing out some radical concepts.

Just this morning, I noticed a few "left" msm reports, claiming that Joe Biden was the only hope of a democrat beating Trump.
How pathetic and sad. Another old, rich white guy. Garf.

Even so, the talking heads at "democracy are us.com" had Biden barely beating Trump. 51 to 49.

The cocksuckers are already priming the propaganda pump of their masters. Their sponsors. Big money.

This level of cynicism will not wash well with the young.

At some point, we'll either need a completely fascist state, with a dictator, or a bloody revolution.

The third option would be for big money to realize they have a serious problem...and to avert a crisis, toss a few crumbs toward progressive reforms...ala Roosevelt.

To simply yield to the inevitable doom and gloom of how it is and how it will always be holds no appeal to me.
It's predictable. It bores me.
I like a decent puzzle.

The notion of things always being a certain way, btw, is an absurd notion, should one look at our brief history.
Everything is in a state of flux.

That's the only thing that has ever stayed the same.
"Constant change is here to stay."
Neil Peart
"(my grunge is true)" - stanky
(02-19-2019, 04:34 PM)stanky Wrote:  Just this morning, I noticed a few "left" msm reports, claiming that Joe Biden was the only hope of a democrat beating Trump.

If Biden is selected, I'll give you 1,000,000 to 1 on him beating Trump.

Constant attack ads of a paedophile fondling little girls' chests ain't going to win anything.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Quote:Stanky wrote:

At some point, we'll either need a completely fascist state, with a dictator, or a bloody revolution.

How Hollywood!  Nah, if you get your wished for little 3rd 4th and 18th Parties and that ticking 'ranked choice' thing,  you'll go out with a whimper, not a bang.

You can get along fine with the same chaotic clusterfuck of 20 Parties with 20 conflicting agendas all doing deals with each other to form a "Minority Government" that  Europe's been living in for decades, and we're getting into that territory, so it's only novel to Americans.  Government by Committee, sounds hellish, but it's obviously survivable. 

Quote:The third option would be for big money to realize they have a serious problem...and to avert a crisis, toss a few crumbs toward progressive reforms...ala Roosevelt.

But that can't happen because you've already said there's nobody smart enough on either side to think of it, nor any billionaires who care a toss.
Casting crumbs seems to be Bernie's schtick, but is Bernie going to have the balls to maintain control over the cats long enough to placate the plebs??

Tsar Nicholas and his advisors sure weren't smart enough to pull that one off and no one could have missed the fury of the Bolsheviks bearing down on their palaces.  Think those wankers in Whatsupington will weaken their system because they're scared of some snowflakes and keyboard warriors??