Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a diabolic aspect of performance-enhancing drugs
I've mentioned this before...to imagine just how up-tight average Americans were back in that day.

The Beatles stormed onto the scene; American girls lost their shit over them.

And it was because (imho) they grew their hair slightly longer than what was allowed here.
Like, it touched their ear. And it blew our minds.

(Keep in mind, the fab-four were also wearing suits and ties at the time.)

They're break through hit in the U.S. was a ditty called "I want to hold your hand."
Played in matching suits and ties...with hair cuts that barely touched their ears.

That's how little it took to send shock-waves through American culture at the time.

Four polite lads from England, with short hair by most standards of history, singing a song called "I want to hold your hand">

In matching suits and ties.

All the best early bands that made a dime, wore matching suits and ties.

Too radical for the mainstream to digest.
Those haircuts!!!

Later on, this godless counter culture began to consider civil rights...as if we weren't being groovy enough.
And the Vietnam War.
Feckin' hippies jumped on that, too.
As if there was something fundamentally fucked-up about that war...

But, no.

The hippies were fucked-up on drugs.

The war was wholesome.
(01-12-2019, 03:58 PM)grayman Wrote:  90-Year-Old Masters Sprinter Stripped of World Record Over Doping Violation

Fuckin' hell. What have we become?

Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Scandalous!

Top Bridge Player Suspended Under Antidoping Rules
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / - .-. ..- -- .--.
Peeps will do anything to be the best at ... anything.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
That's absurd, but at least it puts them on the same level as punishing Michael Phelps for having a spliff.

Sports (not that Bridge is a sport) should stay the fuck out of moral questions and concentrate solely on performance-enhancing drugs.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
"Let them snort coke!" Dumb fucking cunts one and all.

Don't misunderstand me, I love coke as well as the next drug addled weirdo, but I just don't know how to get it these days and I can't afford it.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
I know a guy that is unaffected by pot. He's tried it many times; claim it does nothing to him.
I met a woman that was unaffected by mdma...on her first experience with it. Several of us witnessed it. 180 milligrams; pure stuff. It was like she was already in that state.

Cocaine has no affect on me. Hence, it's never held any interest for me. I thought it was a bit odd, but have since discovered that other are also immune to the effects. Something about brain wiring?

I knew a coke dealer that refused to believe this, and he showed up at my house (in the Ozarks) with a huge bag of top notch stuff, and layed out line after line to prove me wrong. I snorted $300 bucks worth of his stash. I implored upon him to save his money. It simply did nothing for me. Maybe felt like I'd had too much coffee. I never tried it after that. But i was around it. I saw people being transformed into used car salesmen.

Speaking of being a dork, the dorkiest thing i got into was probably off-road unicycling, in the late 60's.
It wasn't a thing then. I was a pioneer dork. Now, it's a thing. Still dorky.

I loved the unicycle for the Zen-like state it forced me into.
It's conducive to minimizing one's mental chatter. and focusing in on a meaningless diversion.

I'd imagine juggling might be similar.
I've never been a juggler. Tried it; sucked.
But i could ride a unicycle.

I met a very hot female dancer that saw me riding and goofing on the wheel, and she told me that i was the real dancer....and wanted to 'do me'.

I'm pretty sure that was the last time unicycling was cool.
But i was so un-cool, i turned down her offer.

Why, oh God, why??!!

As i get older, i sometimes review, in my mind, the various sexual encounters that i turned down.
What was I thinking?

(Sorry, went a bit off topic there.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YvP2XnUcfM

This dork unicycled across America.
For guys, when you ride a unicycle, you're sitting on your balls.
(11-18-2019, 06:39 PM)stanky Wrote:  It was like she was already in that state.

[Image: 6754ccdfd5acc8be.jpg]
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.