Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas for Atheists.
Same as everybody else's really.  'Cept not having to do the token annual church visit.

But it's well into Christmas Eve here so ....

[Image: 6211702Roo_Santa.PNG]
Yeah, Merry Christmas to all from wet old NZ. We're having the rain Sydney had earlier in the week. Great time for camping!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I love the look of a relaxed roo. It's very much slacker-esque. The next town down river from me had an interesting guy and a menagerie of exotic animals...including some big roos. They tended to hang out in front of the house, in a dusty patch they'd created.

I apologize for my irrational love of kangaroos.
I'm sure they suck in real life.
I don't care. It's the same here with rabbits, groundhogs, raccoons, opossums, foxes, coyotes, weasels, snakes...all that Shit...i really dig all them too.

Seriously...i got it bad...like the worst tourist. I long to hold a koala in my arms.

There.

I said it.
And it's true.

yeah,

happy holidays down your way, love.
If you see the cuz, tell him he's got a huge stanky fan.

And that I'd like to meet a wombat.
I find it slightly troubling that Christ is born down under, before he's born here.
It's not only theosophically abstract, it's a thumb in the nose to time in general.

I can communicate with you in a much faster time frame than the official one.
But still so 'yesterday'.

Yet, I see the logic of it. If I was Santa, flying from the North Pole, I'd start with the furthest away places. Drop those presents off, then head north, for the rest of them.
(12-23-2018, 10:31 PM)stanky Wrote:  I love the look of a relaxed roo. It's very much slacker-esque. The next town down river from me had an interesting guy and a menagerie of exotic animals...including some big roos. They tended to hang out in front of the house, in a dusty patch they'd created.

I apologize for my irrational love of kangaroos.
I'm sure they suck in real life.

No, they really don't, unless you're trying to keep enough pasture to feed your cattle.  The roos eat faster than sheep or cattle. 
They're a bugger if they get into a veggie patch too.  Like humungous rabbits.
But otherwise, if you don't do anything stupid to piss off a big buck 'boomer' they're a fairly nice animal to have around the paddocks.  I enjoyed their company, even though they shat on my driveway and front path.

My Nan raised one in a hessian bag that was hung from a door handle.  The joey used it as a pouch and she fed it with a baby bottle on watered down cows milk, which isn't good but he survived. 

He used to hop around the house after her and followed her down to the shops until he got too big and 'stroppy'.  If it had been a doe it would have been okay. 
Her eldest son tied it in the back of the ute and drove it 20 miles out of town and turned it loose. 

Kindest thing, as someone in town would have shot it if it had pulled the 'buck roo' type attack on a kid.  Better to be rid off it before it got old enough to do damage.  Being hand raised it probably never would have but house in a town is no place for a grown roo, so he had to go.  Of course his occasional escape from supervision into granddad's lettuces didn't improve his reputation as 'good boy' either.

That was before I was born, they didn't make me sleep in a hessian bag.

I don't care. It's the same here with rabbits, groundhogs, raccoons, opossums, foxes, coyotes, weasels, snakes...all that Shit...i really dig all them too.

Seriously...i got it bad...like the worst tourist. I long to hold a koala in my arms.

I've done that a couple of times.  They're smell a bit funny, but they're soft az, in the middle.  It's sharp bits on their corners that change your whole impression of their cuddlesomeness.   They're built to climb trees and sink the claws into whatever is closest.  An arm, a shoulder, all the same to them,  but geeeeezus, they can sink them in deep if they're not totally at ease.  I was just a kid with the first one and it may have thought I'd drop it so in they went!  Just enough to draw blood, nothing too dire, but not what I expected of a ball of fluff!

I was older and wiser with the next one  and handled it very carefully, I got off unscathed but never pushed my luck again. 
You know a lot of them carry clamidia?     Sorry, but nothing in OZ is as harmless, or as dangerous, as it's rep indicates. 

There.

I said it.
And it's true.

yeah,

happy holidays down your way, love.

If you see the cuz, tell him he's got a huge stanky fan.

I've told him a bit about 'my mate' in his Kainterky Holla, and he'd like to meet you too.  He'd probably laugh at your 'bambi' ways but he's into nature big time,  in his more pragmatic way.  He laughs at me too, and I still like him.  He's a bullshit free zone.

And that I'd like to meet a wombat.

Just don't meet one on the road at speed, they're built like boulders and will wreck your whole front end.
They also have a dental arrangement like beavers but only some have the temper tantrums to use them.

But they're kinda nice animals.
Possums are too, it's only those mean bloody Kiwis (and people who have them living in their roofs)  who hate possums.
Well,
Me and Mary are off to the local x-mas eve event.
I hope I don't make a social faux paux.

(I kind of feel a doozy within me.)
(12-24-2018, 12:28 PM)stanky Wrote:  Well,
Me and Mary are off to the local x-mas eve event.
I hope I don't make a social faux paux.

(I kind of feel a doozy within me.)

Without admitting any sort of guilt here, three things to keep in mind when forced to attend a Christmas eve mass at a local church:

1. When the chorus master asks if there are any requests, yelling "Freebird" will draw stares.

2. When given a small candle to hold during the service, it is not considered appropriate to wave it about while making Star Wars light saber noises and challenging the equally bored child next to you to a duel.

3. Using a bit of belly-button lint and melted candle wax to create the illusion that your fingertips are ablaze as you roll your eyes back and mumble in Latin freaks out some folks.

I await your tale of Christmas cheer.
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
As do we all!!  Hope the doozy happens. SmileSmileSmile

Sage advice there Grayman, hope he doesn't take it.

Should I feel deprived that I've been inside a church around Christmas in my whole life?

Did I miss anything?  heh heh.
I'm sure Kiwis would have a different take on possums if they didn't carry bovine TB and there weren't 600 million of the fuckers here.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Got any fruit bats??

Want some??