Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Is Paris Burning?"
Just a little Right wing humour there, christ knows we've seen plenty of the Left variety lately.

Betting one of the channels will run that old movie for a joke any night now.

I guess you're all upset about Donny's quip about Paris??  ... still laughing my tits off, but over there, probably not.

Quote:""The Paris Agreement isn't working out so well for Paris."

Got that right!

This 'toon has just turned up that you'll hate too.
[Image: 7185609Macron_Antoinette.PNG]

(It was posted by a Green leaning Lefty! ... one with a sense of humour.)
That's a very clever cartoon.

The interesting thing about the Froggie riots is that it seems to be a mix of hard left and far right, which I don't ever recall having common ground in the past.

Donny should take heart from Macron's unpopularity as well - at least there's one politician less popular than DJT in the world. He still had to make up a lie on the subject - "They're chanting my name on the streets of Paris!"

Uh... no they aren't. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/08/donald-trump-throws-support-behind-paris-yellow-vest-protests/
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Yep, he had to go and add that ego 'chanting my name' thing and spoil the 'joke'.  That's Donny folks.

Quote:The interesting thing about the Froggie riots is that it seems to be a mix of hard left and far right, which I don't ever recall having common ground in the past.

It's a biological, not ideological common ground TA. 

They all share extreme sensitivity to pressure applied to the hip pocket nerve.  CoolBig Grin
Aussies have a warped sense of humour, ...  but you know that.

This has been played twice already on the radio this morning. 

I think Macron may be having a few.

Haha!

At least he's conformed to French culture and surrendered.

Marine le Pen last seen rubbing her hands.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Quote:Marine le Pen last seen rubbing her hands.

I'd reckon!

There's a few getting rubbed in London too.   When May's away the cats will play?
Lame bastards.
WTF's going on there?   I lost the plot about a week ago.
Do any of them think they can do a better deal? or is it about starting a civil war by scrapping the Brexit, or about restarting "the Troubles" or about Boris getting woody for the PM job?  or is Corbyn just yapping to hear himself or what?

You seem to have more interest in the Poms than I can manage.

It might be a sisterhood thing but I feel for poor old Treeza,  she got handed the shittiest cleanup job in recent political history. 
No wonder that prick Cameron was whistling after throwing the towel in and handing her the time bomb.

She's held the fort longer than I thought she could.   Is she stronger than she looks or are the other turds weaker?
(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  There's a few getting rubbed in London too.   When May's away the cats will play?
Lame bastards.

She's gone. No confidence vote about to come along and she'll lose it.

(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Do any of them think they can do a better deal? or is it about starting a civil war by scrapping the Brexit, or about restarting "the Troubles" or about Boris getting woody for the PM job?  or is Corbyn just yapping to hear himself or what?

Interesting confluence of an absurdly thick PM and a completely ineffectual Labour leader.

I had much higher hopes for Corbyn, and fate handed him the perfect opportunity to be a leader, but he's ultimately a weakling trying to appease everyone. Labour lacking leadership? How unusual.

Having had superior examples of strong leadership leading to strong performance by Labour, it's hilarious that they won't follow that path because we have to be inclusive, and unless you're a die-hard lefty unionist lesbian transgender person of at least 3 or 4 colours, you may as well pack a soap box instead of harbouring aspirations.

(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  You seem to have more interest in the Poms than I can manage.

It's a great foil to the debacle on the other side of the pond.

(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  It might be a sisterhood thing but I feel for poor old Treeza,  she got handed the shittiest cleanup job in recent political history. 

She didn't get handed it, she asked for it and got exactly what she deserved.

A smart woman would have let one of the hard-Brexiteers take it on and destroy both themselves and Brexit. Instead, she's made Britain a laughing stock while trying to deflect that by performing in the most cringe-worthy manner possible. Have you seen her curtsey? It's a thing of beauty. If she were a bloke she'd be tugging her forelock while doing it. Dancing onstage? She'd make the finals of every X Factor ever made.

Worse still, she's tried to negotiate an impossible deal - she's picked lousy advisers and avoided good advice.

The only Brit politician to come out of the whole thing with any credit at all is the magnificent Nicola Sturgeon. If Labour had even a hundredth of a clue they'd be in coalition with SNP and have Sturgeon as leader. They'd be a certainty for the next election.

But god forbid putting pragmatism over idealism, so the chances of that are less likely than me taking Labour UK over.
No wonder that prick Cameron was whistling after throwing the towel in and handing her the time bomb.

(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  She's held the fort longer than I thought she could.   Is she stronger than she looks or are the other turds weaker?

No, she's dumber. She really is amazingly thick. She shares a lot of traits with the bloke across the pond - ridiculously overestimating their own abilities, unbelievably unpopular, got the job by a series of unconnected events, and thick as a post, but she's got a Parliament to satisfy so can't quite fuck up to the same level as the toad.

The reason it's taken so long is everyone's been waiting for the brick wall.

The humour that the biggest hurdle for them all to deal with being the Northern Irish border hasn't been lost on me. Pretty good sport all round.
feels like a growing number of people are dis-satisfied with their leader ship.

The student strikes are interesting. High school kids using school attendance as a political lever, to gain traction on climate policies.
(12-12-2018, 11:32 AM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  There's a few getting rubbed in London too.   When May's away the cats will play?
Lame bastards.

She's gone. No confidence vote about to come along and she'll lose it.

Whoops.  You lost that one, and she didn't.   Big Grin
Funny how the mob vote differently in a secret ballot than how they vote with their mouths innit?

(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Do any of them think they can do a better deal? or is it about starting a civil war by scrapping the Brexit, or about restarting "the Troubles" or about Boris getting woody for the PM job?  or is Corbyn just yapping to hear himself or what?

Interesting confluence of an absurdly thick PM and a completely ineffectual Labour leader.

As thick as Boris?  I see he isn't PM this morning.  Corbyn is a lunatic and she's playing on that nicely.
Tell me, who do you think, on any side of the UK circus, could sort this clusterfuck out any better than she is trying to do?   Anyone?  Christ, I wouldn't let Boris run a chook raffle!

I had much higher hopes for Corbyn, and fate handed him the perfect opportunity to be a leader, but he's ultimately a weakling trying to appease everyone. Labour lacking leadership? How unusual.

See above.  Corbyn has dropped into the default mode that most Labor leaders do when they find that people expect them to have better ideas than the people they're barking at through the fence.  

They don't have a fucking clue how to do it better, they only know how to oppose everything, so they resort to making grand and stupid speeches about the usual Labor bellringing issues that are meaningless without the the means of implementing the changes.

He's just an empty poser with an attitude closer to Trump's than Labor stalwarts'.  Say anything to get attention no matter how bloody naff it is.

I agree she's lucky there's nobody better than Corbyn in the Labor Party either.

Having had superior examples of strong leadership leading to strong performance by Labour, it's hilarious that they won't follow that path because we have to be inclusive, and unless you're a die-hard lefty unionist lesbian transgender person of at least 3 or 4 colours, you may as well pack a soap box instead of harbouring aspirations.

Not up to speed with those issues over there, I'll have to let that one go through to the keeper.

(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  You seem to have more interest in the Poms than I can manage.

It's a great foil to the debacle on the other side of the pond.

So is ours!  [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  It might be a sisterhood thing but I feel for poor old Treeza,  she got handed the shittiest cleanup job in recent political history. 

She didn't get handed it, she asked for it and got exactly what she deserved.

Asked for it?  Or was the only one with the balls to pick it up?

A smart woman would have let one of the hard-Brexiteers take it on and destroy both themselves and Brexit.

Yes perhaps depending on which side you're on today?  Are you pragmatist hard headed logically political amoral TA or SJW TA? 
If it's the former then yes, you're right that a smarter woman would have dumped her own people in the shit for personal career enhancement.

But if you're good old socially concerned TA then haven't you even a smidgeon of grudging respect that she didn't do just that??   That she perhaps chose to save them from Boris?  That she thought it was worth a try to smooth the crash a little? 
Silly girl perhaps, but her heart may (no pun intended) have been in the right place when making the decision to throw her hat in the ring.

I still see a strong woman there who hasn't let the 'boys' wear her down.  Go Treeza!  She's a better "man" than that prick Cameron.  He just dropped the baby when it shit itself. 

Instead, she's made Britain a laughing stock while trying to deflect that by performing in the most cringe-worthy manner possible. Have you seen her curtsey? It's a thing of beauty. If she were a bloke she'd be tugging her forelock while doing it. Dancing onstage? She'd make the finals of every X Factor ever made.

What should she have done, gone in like Trump?  She doesn't have the clout he has.  What the hell could she threaten Europe with?  Fire all the Pakis at them out of cannons? 
Just take the UK over the cliff without any form of trade deals?  That's what Brussels was threatening her with isn't it?

Are you for the Trump modus operandi now?  My way or fuck you?  Think that would have worked for May?
She can do cringeworthy as a tactic, a bloke can't.   Old saying that applied to the bedroom but also works for diplomatic situations.  "Surrender is no defeat for a woman." 

As I said I might be reading this all wrong but she seems to me to have playing a long patient game to retain as much of the furniture as possible.

Am I wrong that the final hurdle is the N/S border in Ireland?  good ole Ireland, still the burr under the Pom's saddle.   Maybe she should just sell N.Ireland to Germany or something and solve the border problem and make a few bucks along the way? ... kidding, if it was that easy they'd have sold it a century ago. Angel

We should hope that she fails really, they'll have to buy stuff from us again, but I just hope we charge them what the Europeans will.  We owe the UK bugger all! 
They 'married' the EU and dumped us on our arses, let's not allow our own politicians to forget that when they're cutting 'kind' trade deals with the bastards.

Worse still, she's tried to negotiate an impossible deal - she's picked lousy advisers and avoided good advice.

Zero info on that, I'll take your advice on it though.

The only Brit politician to come out of the whole thing with any credit at all is the magnificent Nicola Sturgeon. If Labour had even a hundredth of a clue they'd be in coalition with SNP and have Sturgeon as leader. They'd be a certainty for the next election.

Never heard of her, told you I wasn't interested until now.  I'll look her up when I get bored.

But god forbid putting pragmatism over idealism, so the chances of that are less likely than me taking Labour UK over.

Funny that Labor nowhere does pragmatism well,  they always go with the emotional slogan and poor me message.

(12-12-2018, 04:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  She's held the fort longer than I thought she could.   Is she stronger than she looks or are the other turds weaker?

No, she's dumber. She really is amazingly thick. She shares a lot of traits with the bloke across the pond - ridiculously overestimating their own abilities, unbelievably unpopular, got the job by a series of unconnected events, and thick as a post, but she's got a Parliament to satisfy so can't quite fuck up to the same level as the toad.

She never struck me as being all that thick.  Just very 'diplomatic' and even ambiguous in what she says.
That speech she gave before the vote was a bloody ripper.  So much that our old Labor Machiavelli himself, Graham Richardson, stated that is was among the cleverest and best presented he's heard.  And he'd know, he wrote a lot of Keating's stuff!

Despite his brand of politics I've remained a stalwart fan of Richo's for decades.  He was 'old hard' Labor, the man who wrote the best insight into OZ politics book, "Whatever it Takes."  it was a brutal expose of the backroom tactics within the faction fights and the lengths politicians are trained to go in by people like Richo who can read the electorate like a billboard.
I tend to put a lot of weight on Richo's opinion of politicians, he knows what makes them tick better than most.

The reason it's taken so long is everyone's been waiting for the brick wall.

Seems it was there all along, located south of Belfast.

The humour that the biggest hurdle for them all to deal with being the Northern Irish border hasn't been lost on me. Pretty good sport all round.

Oh good!  I already indicated that I appreciate the irony of that too ... before I even read down this far in your post.

I sometimes like to jump in and answer phrase by phrase,  without reading the whole thing, just to spice life up a little.   It means contradicting myself sometimes but hey, editing takes care of that. Angel
(12-12-2018, 09:16 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  As thick as Boris?  I see he isn't PM this morning.  Corbyn is a lunatic and she's playing on that nicely.
Tell me, who do you think, on any side of the UK circus, could sort this clusterfuck out any better than she is trying to do?   Anyone?  Christ, I wouldn't let Boris run a chook raffle!

I think anyone could have done a better job than May. She's tried to appease everyone, which never works.

She should have called for a new referendum as soon as the Irish border question came up.

(12-12-2018, 09:16 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Asked for it?  Or was the only one with the balls to pick it up?

There was no reason for her to stand and she though she was fulfilling her destiny. I suppose when you want something for so long, when it arrives you fail to see the giant fishhook sticking out of it. May certainly didn't notice.

If she'd sat back and let BoJo or Rees-Mogg take the job she'd have been party to the destruction of that faction of the Tory Party. Instead, she's cut her own throat.

Pride goeth before a fall.

No tears shed here - she's a stupid bitch who was thoroughly soaked in god & destiny by her idiot father.

(12-12-2018, 09:16 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Yes perhaps depending on which side you're on today?  Are you pragmatist hard headed logically political amoral TA or SJW TA? 
If it's the former then yes, you're right that a smarter woman would have dumped her own people in the shit for personal career enhancement.

But if you're good old socially concerned TA then haven't you even a smidgeon of grudging respect that she didn't do just that??   That she perhaps chose to save them from Boris?  That she thought it was worth a try to smooth the crash a little? 
Silly girl perhaps, but her heart may (no pun intended) have been in the right place when making the decision to throw her hat in the ring.

Pragmatism always wins.

I'd have respect for her if she did it because she thought she was saving the party, but she isn't and wasn't. The party was never under threat, only the hard Brexit clique.

(12-12-2018, 09:16 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I still see a strong woman there who hasn't let the 'boys' wear her down.  Go Treeza!  She's a better "man" than that prick Cameron.  He just dropped the baby when it shit itself. 

Well, any bloke found sticking his dick in a dead pig isn't likely to show much character, is he? If he couldn't stand up to a few little Lord Fauntleroys at college he was never going to stand up to Farage, Johnson, et al.

(12-12-2018, 09:16 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  What should she have done, gone in like Trump?  She doesn't have the clout he has.  What the hell could she threaten Europe with?  Fire all the Pakis at them out of cannons? 

They were never going to be able to threaten EU with anything. The smart (and only) ploy was to go back to the people. They now have a lot more information. The referendum wasn't a legally binding vote, no matter what the pig-fucker said. Politicians are elected to serve the people, not feed them to the wolves.

Fuck me, Blair took Britain to war on false premises and because his god said it was a good idea - how the fuck was cancelling Brexit not an option?

(12-12-2018, 09:16 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Oh good!  I already indicated that I appreciate the irony of that too ... before I even read down this far in your post.

I tell ya, I reckon Gerry Adams hasn't laughed so hard in his life. All those bombs and killings and they coulda just left the Poms to shoot themselves in the foot.

If you ever want to learn about the absurdity of the whole NI situation, look up a movie called Milwr Bychan (Boy Soldier).