Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Say "Tipping Point" Yet?
Quote:Good grief, some of them have actually realised climate change is bad for business. $30 T worth of investors are screaming for action:

That is exactly what the idiot religious Right faction failed to notice, and wrecked the Liberal Party!

The ideologues were so busy protecting business from the inroads of a carbon tax that they didn't hear business begging them to for christ's sake just settle on a bloody number and let it go through so they could plan out their costings and get some stability to base future business models on ! 

Business had the tax sussed out, they'd survive just fine, (their customers would be left with the costs)  but the arrogance of the Abbotteers over rode the people they were supposed to be supporting!  They weren't listening to anyone but themselves. 
Now instead of settling for the compromise NEG policy which everyone, even Labor to a point, was happy with, they brought on a spill to oust Turnbull to stop him getting it passed!   Now we're back to square one and the new PM is too shit scared to try and get it passed too.  
And just to add insult to injury, Labor will impose an ETS at twice the rate the Liberal Moderates had negotiated. Thanks fellas!

Just as Labor seems to have forgotten who they are supposed to represent, the Far Right have forgotten that they are supposed to represent small to medium business, not tell them how to effing run it!

You have no idea how angry I am about the Abbott Right,  murderous comes close. Angry Dodgy 

I think the ETS is a total rort too,  but it's the accepted way to do things, it's the expected way to do it too, and standing there like King fucking Canute was only ever going to result in the whole bloody Party getting wiped out at the next election.  
Sometimes we have to know our limitations, and call it a loss and move on. 
Abbott's caused the whole Party to do the Black Knight thing, and is still claiming a win!

I would die happy if that bastard lost his seat in the next election.  Fuck going to heaven, that would be enough to do it for me.
Climate change: Trump coal event overshadowed at COP24

Quote:Just as at last year's gathering in Bonn, the Trump White House is keen to show strong support for fossil fuels.

According to a statement from the US State Department, the event will "showcase ways to use fossil fuels as cleanly and efficiently as possible, as well as the use of emission-free nuclear energy".

Last year's event was disrupted by singing protesters keen to point out that the pro-coal and gas lobby were not welcome at the UN event.

This year's meeting has environmentalists questioning its relevance.

"The event is going to further undermine the credibility of the US as a party in these talks," said Lou Leonard with WWF.
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
(12-03-2018, 02:09 AM)The Atheist Wrote:  ... but when I see the idiots of the IPCC flying around the world first class and creating 100 times more carbon than any poor cunt ever could I don't get too stressed about it.

They've been reading my comments again: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/un-climate-crisis-menu-meat_us_5c0e2ecfe4b0a606a9aa5a3a

(12-10-2018, 01:54 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  You have no idea how angry I am about the Abbott Right,  murderous comes close. Angry Dodgy ...

I would die happy if that bastard lost his seat in the next election.  Fuck going to heaven, that would be enough to do it for me.

If he dies suddenly, let me know so I can cook up a alibi for you.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Thanks mate,  knew I could rely on you.   Wink