Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert advice requested.
(10-05-2021, 06:49 PM)stanky Wrote:  Damn, dude! Why'd you shave.
And what became of the hog?

When I rode, the beard would fly up in front of my face and I couldn't see the road.

Still riding that Victory. They don't make them any more and that is #565 of the first year produced.
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there..."
Have you registered the name yet? I'm intrigued to find out what it is, because you doing it, I'm expecting something interesting.

Also, if you want to set up a website for it, talk to me, because everyone else will charge you arms and legs to do it, while I'm bribable for mere chocolate fish. I have several templates available for nix.

http://charman.co.nz
http://reliablelawnmowers.nz
http://personalgrievance.org.nz

Hosting is $50 a year, NZ$, so about $2.95 US.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Actually, it's for a drag-queen friend who is starting to get noticed for her character.

I thought I'd get the name registered before someone else got it.

Going to have a chat about what they would like on the site, and then go from there.
Aren't we a curious bunch.
Drag queens and train drivers with ZZ Top beards on non-Harley hogs.
I know a bit about Victory bikes, just from being friendly to various people riding them.
The one g-man is sitting on the pic, I'm guessing that the displacement of those cylinders was at least 1200 c.c.'s.
Iirc, Victory was an off-shoot of a jet-ski and snow-mobile company. The name escapes me.

I know way more about bicycles than motor cycles. Though motor cycles and the folks that ride them have always intrigued me.
The technology of it was constantly co-opted by fetishy influences.
Back in my day, me and bikers had mutual respect.
I even challenged one of them to a race across the country.
He declined, knowing that he would spend most of the race working on his Harley.
Those motor cycles sucked so bad back then...but they were sacred.

Again, iirc, there was a lawsuit and a patent for the sound of a Harley. Potato, potato, potato...that's the sound, at idle rpms.
Fashion plays such a huge role in how we're taught to think. It's not about going fast; wind in hair; crossing America, ala Easy Rider.
It's about getting greasy, working on your hog. There's very little of the wind in hair; the freedom thang. That can be had on a decent bicycle. With a small back pack, one can carry extra tires and all the tools they need to keep going.
Now we have electric motor cycles and electric bicycles.

Bicycles never did make the noise, but electric motor cycles could easily use a drop of the power to run a realistic sound track. Illegally loud, even. Three feet from where I'm sitting, I have a ten watt tube amp which is absurdly louder than a Harley.
A horse power is roughly 750 watts...if that adds any perspective.

Don't misread me on this...i admire bikers.
But they do present some conundrums of the law.
They're exempt from fuel efficiency rules. Our Honda Civic got better gas mileage than a fat motorcycle.
Big bikes are also exempt from noise violations.

Do you even need to wear a seat-belt on a motor cycle?
Why must I?
(I don't mind, for the record.)

I think of my 4 wheel car as two motorcycles, side by side. Is that wrong?
Three wheeled vehicles are common, and also by-pass the rules the rest of us suffer.

Point being that grayman could have kept that awesome beard, had he only used a bunch of scrunchies on it; to keep it from flying in his face.
(10-06-2021, 02:10 PM)grayman Wrote:  Actually, it's for a drag-queen friend who is starting to get noticed for her character.

Going to have a chat about what they would like on the site, and then go from there.

Goodo! Just let me know if there's anything I can do.

An example is the lawnmower shop I linked to - he was paying $7000 pa for his site, which was fucking outrageous. Now, he's paying $130 a year for identical results.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Damn.

If i wasn't so e-traded, i could have a really cheap way to reach more people with my message.
Even though I don't have a solid message.
TA recently described how I could get back on a larger forum.
Yet, his description of it was fairly rough.
Why would i want to return to zones that won't have me?

I feel safe here. I'm convinced that TA would never ban me.
Whatever disagreements we have, this basic aspect of the site over-rules that.
He designed it with that in mind. Kudos.
(10-06-2021, 05:21 PM)stanky Wrote:  Why would i want to return to zones that won't have me?

To have a decent discussion on your ideas. That's why I gave you another one as well.
Victory was a division of Polaris, who now own the rights to the Indian brand of motorcycles - which the original company called motocycle.

The corporate heads decided they didn't need two motorcycle companies, so after two decades of building a loyal fan base, they discontinued Victory. Pissed off a lot of riders, myself included. I had two of them,one of which I rode from Denver to my house in Wyoming after getting into an accident which sprained my wrist, hitting a raccoon along the way. TA nominated me an honourary Kiwi after that feat of toughness.

The one in the photo has an engine of 1500 CCs, the other I had was 1638 ccs.

By the way, Lady Gray has a Harley, bigger than mine.  Bet you didn't know that.
(10-06-2021, 03:58 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(10-06-2021, 02:10 PM)grayman Wrote:  Actually, it's for a drag-queen friend who is starting to get noticed for her character.

Goodo! Just let me know if there's anything I can do.

An example is the lawnmower shop I linked to - he was paying $7000 pa for his site, which was fucking outrageous. Now, he's paying $130 a year for identical results.

Will do.
I refer to, and remind the members of Old Farts that we owe our forum's existence to 'Our Creator' the rogue Kiwi.  

He made some old Aussies happy.  (But I won't dob him in to the other Kiwis) Wink