Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are gentlemen, then there's this bloke...
We live at the end of a cul-de-sac, and a very nice Chinese couple live in the house opposite, which they share with another very pleasant couple. Both couples are 40-ish and the owners have one kid.

The other couple contains the most-gentlemanly bloke I've ever seen in my life.

He cleans his Mrs' car weekly, and he cleans it like he wanted to eat his breakfast off the floor. And that's just the start.

Every morning in winter, he goes out 10 minutes before her, starts up her car, cleans the windows and lets the heater warm it up before she gets in, at which time he's waiting there to open and close the doors of both the house & car for her.

When it's raining, he holds an umbrella over her so she doesn't get a drop of rain on her, or carry any into her pristine car from the brolly. He leaves at much the same time, so he might well do the honours at the other end as well!

I keep thinking "She must be a helluva root."

I used to think I was gentlemanly, but I'm a fucking Neanderthal next to this bloke.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
She may have the photos of him screwing his secretary. just sayin'.

I've known 2 blokes like that, doted on their wives to the point of embarrassment.
They were absolutely gutted when their wives died first and followed them into the ground within weeks.
Ain't lurrve grand?
I had a girl friend that worshiped me like that.
It was horrible.

I'm much more comfortable with them dumping me because of what an asshole i am.

It's a seldom exposed phenomena...but it happens.
People can become obsessed with their relationship.

An old friend once told me:
Never love someone more than they love you.

It sounded cynical at the time.
But i think he was onto something.
A similar one is "Who loves least rules the marriage."