Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to school for me!
Just did this quiz and scored abysmally! 

Is this the stuff we should all know or is it a bit of a wank by the nerds to make we plebs feel bad about our ignorance of things likely to be known only among the astrophysics branch of science??

Are they having a laff or am I really stupid?  

http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-08-19/cosmic-vertigo-extreme-universe-quiz/10052448?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=%5bnews_sfmc_newsmail_am_df_!n1%5d%3a8935&user_id=1027030745c8c35b58f3989a58798cd921e327c859fe320df46d80002be55e30&WT.tsrc=email&WT.mc_id=Email%7c%5bnews_sfmc_newsmail_am_df_!n1%5d%7c8935&utm_content=ABCNewsmail_topstories_articlelink
The only stupid part is taking the test.

I kicked-ass on it btw...which should come as no surprise.
And I fail abysmally on other tests.

Isn't that who we are?

I score a zero on almost any category i can think of.
And a 99.9% on the two or three things i know something about.

I can't accept any hierarchy in this system.

I know nothing about pottery or making clothes.
I depend on the smarts of other people almost constantly.

Certainly more than they rely on my smarts.

TO answer your question:

no, you aren't stupid,

But you can't trust me.
Because i'm certifiably moronic.
You're right about taking those tests, we should choose them more carefully.
Science is like most things, I know little about some of it and bugger all about the rest.
(That's why I keep asking silly questions of people who do know .. isn't that how it works?)
Just don't ask me about pottery ... but I did used to make my own clothes.

I'm still trying to figure out why I keep doing those "where are you from" tests.
I keep scoring having originated in New Jersey! .. never been there, for good reason probably. One of them was telling where we come from just by how we pronounce things. News to me that anyone in New Jersey ever sounded like they had an Aussie accent!
But it serves me right, I knew they were American quizzes and I thought I was 'gaming' them. Turns out they gamed me.
(08-20-2018, 06:56 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  ... but I did used to make my own clothes.

There's an art that's all but disappeared. Funny how people will pay thousands to get designs in their skin, but won't spend a few hours making unique clothes.

These ancient arts remind me of my girl coming in a couple of days ago, telling me she got a new beanie that was knitted for her by a friend.

I took a quick look at it and said "Don't you mean crocheted?" Then I had to explain the difference to her, which is why it was so easy to tell. She did confirm with her pal that it was crocheted.

Betcha not many blokes of any age would've picked that one up.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
well...

That's gay as fuck.

Are you coming out?

(kidding, mate. I simply need to be offensive toward you, for the way you recently went after me.)

You aren't gay and I'm not woo.

Though if you are gay, i'm cool with that.
But I'm still not woo.
(08-20-2018, 02:06 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(08-20-2018, 06:56 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  ... but I did used to make my own clothes.

There's an art that's all but disappeared. Funny how people will pay thousands to get designs in their skin, but won't spend a few hours making unique clothes.

These ancient arts remind me of my girl coming in a couple of days ago, telling me she got a new beanie that was knitted for her by a friend.

I took a quick look at it and said "Don't you mean crocheted?" Then I had to explain the difference to her, which is why it was so easy to tell. She did confirm with her pal that it was crocheted.

Betcha not many blokes of any age would've picked that one up.
It's a shame that so many of the Cottage Crafts have died out.

I've crocheted, knitted, embroidered, quilted (amateur effort), made clothes and dabbled at about everything except weaving over the years.

These days home made clothes would be sneered at, it's all about the labels.
My mother knitted constantly.

Still wear three of her sweaters.
...people who waste this life on 'sacrifice and devotion' to a god they think is going to give them a better one.  This is as good as it gets, and they don't appreciate that.- Di Wundrin
well,

Home made labels can't be too difficult.

Funny about that...
Counterfeit high end hand bags is an industry to itself.

Same bags, basically.

But that fake label is worth a shit load.

...people who waste this life on 'sacrifice and devotion' to a god they think is going to give them a better one.  This is as good as it gets, and they don't appreciate that.- Di Wundrin
Billy T.

Now, there's a bloke I still miss. Fuck he was funny, and best of all, being a Maori, he was allowed to take the piss out of Maori.

He used to buy gas from me on Sunday mornings a few thousand years ago. Like a lot of genius comedians, he was the shyest, quietest bloke you could meet when he didn't have his persona on.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.