Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's give Nazis a chance, people!
Nazis are in an awkward phase.
Imagine if Hitler had managed to kill all the Jews, for instance...

There would be no more anti-antisemitism.
If all people of color were exterminated, that would be the end of racism.
If there were no queers, there would be no homophobia.

Imagine if the whole world had nothing but straight white Christians...

Isn't that the way to world peace?

Imagine there's no Muslims; it's easy if you try.
No fags or Negroes, easy if you try.

Imagine there's no Beaners, trying to breach the wall...
No cripples or retards; no one to take the fall...

You can call me a dreamer

(etc.)
Hopefully, no liberals were offended by that post.
It's not like I'm a flat-Earther.

However, our galaxy is rather flat.

So,
back off, snowflakes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
Springtime For Hitler?

Can't watch it all, I loathe Zero Mostel on sight. Don't know why.

No.... Hitler On Ice. Equally twisted.

Thanks GM. Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Mel Brooks had a flair for Hitler.
As did John Cleese.
(Of Monty Python fame.)

Making fun of Nazis isn't easy, for sure.
It's tricky to get a laugh out of it.

Kind of like finding the funny bone of slavery.
Does it ever get confusing?  
Hating the Nazis and  the Jews,  and anti-semitism and anti-anti-semitism and Islamic bomb lobbers and anti-Islamic bomb lobbers and racism and stereotyping all at the same time?   Shit that's gotta keep ya's mentally  busy. Confused

No wonder people give up and just vote for some clown who simplifies things.

But seriously,  does anyone else sees the irony in that?
Or am I just the cat watching people Morris Dancing and wondering what the fuck humans are thinking 'cos I'm too dumb to understand why it all looks so silly.
You aren't dumb, love...

It is silly.

Pride of race is hilariously silly.
That we take it seriously is the dark side of the silliness.

If various idiots dreams came true, and suddenly all the people on Earth were white; straight and Christian (for instance), we'd quickly find more subtle ways of grouping and hating.
Blue eyes versus brown eyes.
Whatever it takes.
Catholic Christians versus Protestant Christians..we could work that difference into violent confrontations.

In a way, it's handy to have people that look different than us. It gives us a safety valve from the horror of digesting the reality of our actual hateful nature.

White supremacists don't just hate niggers, they most likely hate their white neighbors and their white wives and their white-ass kids. Hatefulness will always find a means of expression.

Fuck...

I'm in one of those full blown stanky-ass philosophical modes. What's worse is that I think I'm pretty much correct.

(No worries. These spells rarely last more than a few days.)

At which point i will be radically incorrect again.

but more fun.
You're right, there is a deep and hardwired need to hate or at least feel threatened by anyone not "of our tribe."
We really shouldn't get so stressed over it, it's normal. It isn't even just a primate thing, most species are the same. It may be more skewed toward reproductive rights in some species, or the need to protect hunting territory but it all boils down to 'tribalism' within species.

Just as we're kidding ourselves that we are special 'cos god made us, so are we kidding ourselves that we should be expected to rise above our hardwired instinctual tribalism just to prove how much 'better' we are than all those other species that butt heads or rip each up in territorial rumbles.

Why must we feel that we should be "better than that?" Why should we? We've been pretty successfully surviving for a very long time because of (or despite) being arseholes. Why change now? If Jesus doesn't approve then why didn't his daddy sort us out a couple of thousand years ago??

I get why god botherers hold the notion that we have to be "better than that" to impress god and get that holy ticket to heaven, but I fail to see what atheists get out of that kumbyere stuff really. Guilt mitigation? what?

If we treat those around us decently, and do no harm to those in our neighburing tribes then isn't that enough?
Aren't we all responsible for our own conscience? Mine's not stinging so I suppose that makes me an uncaring trog or sumthin' for not marching about extolling the virtues of strangers in far lands who don't give a shit about me.

Why must we hold the notion that we've failed at some higher moralistic endeavour if we don't convince all those other tribes to do things our way ... or else! ?? wtf is that about anyway? Who makes any of us boss of everyone else's behaviour and even take that to the extent of demanding control of what they think and say!? Beats me. I must be primitive or sumthin'.
Honey?

You're being all passively aggressive humble.

There is no reason to reject the idea that we can do better.
In fact, it could be handy to embrace the idea that we must do better.
And that notion has nothing to do with our individual personalities.

I'm just tossing ideas out here...in my opinion, decent ideas...well worth consideration.

Of course, my ideas could be wildly erroneous. I'm extremely open to that possibility.

But you ask, why should we change? We've been very successful so far, etc...

Well, in my opinion, that prior successful strategy is turning to shit.

As per anyone being the boss of you or me, i'd suggest getting over that brand of thinking.

You are my guru and i am yours.

My job is to raise points, in reaction to what i perceive as a huge hole in this ship of fools.
And I'm a simple plumber that sees the leak and has been hired to deal with it...because it's what I know.

Others might not agree about the leak in the metaphor.
Or they might not agree that I'm a simple plumber, hired to fix it.
Both of those doubts are reasonable and sane.

And my willingness to point that out is also reasonable and sane.

I'm a very reasonable and sane nut-job.

Still,

My job is to fix the leak.

Is that a bad thing?

Would i be better off adopting your take on things?
Or visa versa?

We can't do that.
We're pretty much stuck with who we are.

Who i am is a guy that can fix leaks in a sinking boat.
In fact, I'm compelled to do that.
There's no need to insult anyone while I'm doing that.

(It's a minimum wage job, if that.)

These metaphors i speak in could quickly become less metaphoric, should we find ourselves in a boat together.

And as unlikely as that would be, in some sense, we're all in this boat together.

And I'm not about being the captain..hell no!

I'm that lowly and stanky mate that happens to know how to fix the leaks in the otherwise sinking ship..metaphorically speaking.

shit...

that was a mess of metaphorical shit.

Still,

I wouldn't be a bad guy to have along on anyone's journey into uncharted waters.
Quote:You are my guru and i am yours.
I like that!   Mutual muses. Heart 

Quote:
My job is to raise points, in reaction to what i perceive as a huge hole in this ship of fools.
And I'm a simple plumber that sees the leak and has been hired to deal with it...because it's what I know.

That's why we're a team.   My job is to look for the holes in arguments, sorry ... ships of fools.
Yours is to patch em up, but then I have to look for faults in the patch and so we go ... round and round.

Quote:Would i be better off adopting your take on things?

Or visa versa?

We can't do that.
We're pretty much stuck with who we are.

What do you think is my take on things??   Confused

Yes we are all wired a little differently, it's what drives innovation and intellectual change. 

If that change in overall behaviour doesn't quite gel with our own wiring then that's our problem.  Not "theirs."

It doesn't put the onus on us (like that punniness?) to impose our wiring pattern on others. 

We may wish they'd change, no harm in that at all,  wish like hell for that,  but I think it's a mistake to presume that wishing hard enough should be enough to change their circuitry.

Remember that they're wishing just as hard that yours mimicked theirs!

What is our responsibility is to stop them changing us right?? 

Defending ourselves against 'their' attempts to change 'us' is exemplary, but trying to impose change on 'them' is just what they're trying to do to 'us' so how does that make 'us' better than 'them' and why are they the baddies for opposing/defending against 'us' and our attack on 'their' wiring??

(I'm dedicating that para to Donald Rumsfeld.)

We are only responsible for our own behaviour as it relates to others around us.   Our personal behavioural responsibility doesn't extendto encompass people we will never meet and don't even understand. 
We are not their boss, nor their keeper.

We needn't take on the mantle of presenting ourselves as the arbitors of all human globaal behaviour based solely on how we individually are wired to think.

We are not the boss of global groupthink. 
None of us. 
Not the Nazis or Antifa or Demos or GOPs or Fundies or hippies or moonlight dancing pixies or all the little piss and whistle crusaders and martyrs out there all trying to climb higher on that pillar of Lookitme I know better than you Status  than everyone else.

Anyone or group who or which holds the agenda to enforce their judgements of behaviour on anyone else is  supremacist! 

Black White Brindle Green Red Saint Sinner Chrissy Muzzie and every single "ism" loyalist evva,  all the same once they start with that crap.

Supremacists.

They class their own opinion as superior to those of others therefore ... supremacist.
It's not about the value, good bad or indifferent, of what they want others to think or do, it's about the right they think they have to enforce those values.

Imposing perfectly righteous if deluded "what Jesus wants" Biblical thinking is no better or worse than imposing Mo's Islam,  Mien Kampf or Das Kapital Mao's Little Red Book or the Donald's Art of the Deal thinking on those who don't agree with it.  

It's essentially bad behaviour attempting to stop other peoples' bad behaviour and it all gets a tad silly.

It's tribal not logical.  Get over it, move on and just enjoy the roses.  Leave 'em to it.  We all agree that the species needs a good culling,  so why get all fretful that were working on doing just that??

The kind of 'kumbeyere' niceness that we are fully capable of but rarely exhibit while expecting it from 'others' can only work long term within a close knit 'tribal' unit.

It's a 'small a' anarchist thing, only works among equals.  Equally intelligent, equally respected,  and equally intentioned, sharing the same goal of desired lifestyle and societal behaviour.

It's really a stagnant system that fails the species adaptation test. 
It gets caught on the backfoot when circumstances change rapidly requiring sacrifice of something to ensure the survival of the rest.   No one is in charge so no decisions get made for fear of upsetting someone else.   Bye Bye community.  "Be careful what you wish for."

That's not me being a nazi or a psychopath it's just my take on pragmatic 'straight thinking.' 

A rather cold blooded assessment of the human species. 
Nothing political about it really, just how animals sort out evolutionary "supremacy" issues.

Should we really be getting all neurotic about that?  How about counselling wolves into a more equality based, turn about pack heirarchy?   About as easy to do. Angel 

As long as my conscience allows me to sleep sweetly I figure I've done my shift at keeping humanity 'nice'. 

Quote:
Who i am is a guy that can fix leaks in a sinking boat.
In fact, I'm compelled to do that.
There's no need to insult anyone while I'm doing that.

(It's a minimum wage job, if that.)

Hey, I work at it for nothing at all! Angel

Your problem is that the fixes don't happen and the patches aren't working.  I'm just trying to figure out why. 

I'm trying to pinpoint  why they don't that's all.   It's not opposition, think of it more as tough love advice.

Quote:These metaphors i speak in could quickly become less metaphoric, should we find ourselves in a boat together.

And as unlikely as that would be, in some sense, we're all in this boat together.

And I'm not about being the captain..hell no!

I'm that lowly and stanky mate that happens to know how to fix the leaks in the otherwise sinking ship..metaphorically speaking.

shit...

that was a mess of metaphorical shit.

Still,

I wouldn't be a bad guy to have along on anyone's journey into uncharted waters.

I'd save you a seat in the lifeboat darlin',  can't think of too many others who would be more entertaining company on the voyage of the damned really.   Heart