Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever it takes...
... to screw a dollar out of the most disadvantaged in society: https://www.wired.com/story/jpay-securus-prison-email-charging-millions/

You'd think prisoners' families have enough to bear without unscrupulous cunts scheming ways to get them out of their last few dollars so they can stay in touch with their family inmates.

And you'd be thinking wrong.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Profiteering sociopaths. They ought to be inside with the inmates.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Couldn't agree more - that's a special kind of low.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
There's a nation-wide prisoner strike coming up, in protest of this new slavery, as well as some other things. Should be interesting
It's long overdue..
For profit prisons.

This is so wrong in so many ways.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(08-04-2018, 08:30 PM)stanky Wrote:  There's a nation-wide prisoner strike coming up, in protest of this new slavery, as well as some other things. Should be interesting
It's long overdue..

Leave 'em locked in their cells all day, send excess staff on holiday = bigger profits!

Win/win.
(08-04-2018, 10:08 PM)sparks Wrote:  For profit prisons.

This is so wrong in so many ways.

From Wikipedia:

Private Prisons

Quote:Private prison firms, reacting to reductions in prison populations, are increasingly looking away from mere incarceration and are seeking to maintain profitability by expanding into new markets previously served by non-profit behavioral health and treatment-oriented agencies, including prison medical care, forensic mental hospitals, civil commitment centers, halfway houses and home arrest
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin
The land of the free is #1 in non-freedom.

The racist aspect in it is impossible to ignore.
Unless you're a racist.

I've seen it. I understand it. I hate it.
Staying out of US racism neuroses, too complicated and there's enough local buggerments going on to occupy me.

But, I have to share what seems to be the most convoluted racist/PC confusion I've heard for some time.
It was so subtle and strange that I'm not even sure I was hearing it right.   I hope you find the irony of it amusing and not take it too seriously.

I was listening to the football commentary the other night,  glance watching, half listening, and playing computer games all at the same time ... I'm a woman,  I'm a compulsive multi tasker,  can't help it. ..

Anyway I heard a commentator lauding the athleticism of "the American".   ... wtf??  what American?  none that I ever heard of in either team.  Used to be a Canadian but he's long gone. ...   big shrug.

Then about 10 minutes later something was said about how lucky the Swans were to have the "big American" to "take a mark like that"...    who tf is this American???

TA will appreciate this.

A fellow commentator left a split second gap then added .. "oh yes, The Man from Sudan!"   I can only imagine he was looking at his fellow gabbler with a raised eyebrow.  

He was talking about a black as your boots Swans player called Alia Alia who landed in OZ as an 8 year refugee from South Sudan and other than a possible holiday in Hawaii has never set foot in America.

This jock must have been having trouble with his PC tongue and couldn't say black, so he did a mental leap to describe a negro player as 'the American'

.... he's either to scared to say African,  or he actually thinks that all negroes come from the USA.  [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

I know sports commentators aren't chosen for their IQs but I reckon that one is out of the box!

But at least he was trying too hard not to be 'racist'.

Judging from the laid-back character of Alia that I've seen in interviews I reckon he'd find that downright hilarious.

... still seems odd that he, and his almost identical mate in another team have broad Aussie accents.  
I'm still getting my head around the UK ones with plum in mouth Pommy accents.  
Actually that probably is pretty racist when you think about it.   siiigh.    Are accents racist?
Nah, it just takes getting used to.

I was mates with a black geezer a few years back who spoke broad Cockney. No matter how much time we spent together, it was always a surprise to hear the "born wivin the sarn of Bow Bell" coming out of this pure rasta bloke.