Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold My Beer
Because I thought we could use a thread for stories like this:

Man goes head-to-head with bison at Yellowstone, prompting new warnings from the National Park
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
I had a good laugh at that before I even clicked the link.

The video doesn't play down here but never mind, it's pretty easy to imagine.

It triggered a memory of a true 'hold my beer' dinner time story heard as a child. (I remember more of snippets heard back then than what happened yesterday)

Mum's family lived in a small country town where everyone knew each other including a train driver and the local drunk.

One night the drunk decided to settle an argument he'd had in the pub with the driver by waiting for his train and challenging him to a duel.

So there he stood on the tracks waving his beer bottle at the approaching train just a hundred yard out of a bend and of course the train couldn't stop.

It flung the drunk into the nearby paddock. When he'd pulled it up the driver ran back to find his old nemesis sitting on his sore arse, surrounded by very curious cows cursing the train the driver and the cows at full volume ... and still holding his beer bottle!

The driver and train guard calmed him down and dragged him up onto the loco and dropped him at the next town that had a doctor and all the damage was confined to a few bruises and a hangover.

It happened long before I was born but was still a favourite after dinner story in the days when families still talked before the News came on the radio.
(08-03-2018, 12:06 PM)grayman Wrote:  Because I thought we could use a thread for stories like this:

Man goes head-to-head with bison at Yellowstone, prompting new warnings from the National Park

Good idea - that's a classic.

Imagine alcohol being involved.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.