Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D X-ray.
First human scanned with next-generation 3D colour scanner invented by Cantabrians

Quote:The first human has been scanned with a revolutionary new 3D colour medical scanner invented in New Zealand by father and son scientists from the Universities of Canterbury and Otago.

The MARS spectral x-ray scanner will revolutionise medical imaging globally – and as a result the diagnosis and treatment of diseases such as cancer and heart disease - because it provides far greater detail of the body’s chemical components.
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin
Great spot, Gray - I hadn't even seen that.

Kiwis are pretty good on the originality front. We make lots of things that get picked off by overseas investors, but that looks like a win for everyone.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Ain't tech just grand?

No...not aaalllllll of it...
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
cool beans
Holy Dooooly now that's how new tech gizmos should be used!

Better than churning out plastic .38s eh?

Thanks for the find Gman. I'll be posting that on the Aussie geriatrics forum, they'll get a kick out of that, some of them have 'plastic' parts holding them together.
(07-30-2018, 06:20 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Holy Dooooly now that's how new tech gizmos should be used!

Better than churning out plastic .38s eh?

True that.

(07-30-2018, 06:20 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Thanks for the find Gman. I'll be posting that on the Aussie geriatrics forum, they'll get a kick out of that, some of them have 'plastic' parts holding them together.

Mine are made of metal (motorcycle accident 1978).
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin
Yeah, theirs are shiny metal like the Terminator too. ... but we joke about 'em being like those plastic toys with the bendy bits that used to come in cereal boxes.