Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This can't be happening...
When I first read about an acid attack on a 3 yo boy, I figured the perp would be someone who'd failed to take their meds and had gone on some schizophrenic episode.

The truth looks much, much worse.

The fact that the cops are prepared to say it's not gang or racially motivated, but won't comment on it being a family assault tells me that it's definitely a family, especially when five defendants are added to the mix.

Unfuckingbelievable, the things humans will do to their own family:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/24/fifth-man-arrested-worcester-acid-attack-three-year-old-boy
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(07-24-2018, 11:03 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  Unfuckingbelievable, the things humans will do to their own family:

And when you add religious superstition to the mix:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/nigeria_children_witchcraft
Crazy ain't what it used to be. - President Bush
Every day, we're privy to ghastly news stories. People that lock up their kids and starve them to death; throw babies in dumpsters; etc.
People still leave their babies in sealed cars on hot days...every freaking day!
How is it possible they haven't gotten that memo yet?

Still, I think most folks are decent.

Yet, there's definitely some bad apples.
Horror stories of babies murdered by their parents and or 'partners' seem to be increasing here too.
Beats me why that's so, it's not as though our society is all that stressed, maybe .. no, dunno really some kind of insanity.
Words fail.

The human capacity for all things good and true is matched by this sort of shit. They are two sides of the same coin. I fear it's a situation that has no resolution.

Good people, bad people. What does that really mean anymore? GM is right about religion though: If you see good peeps doing horrific things, you can be sure religion has been added to the mix.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Sometimes, It's Satanism.

Alas, another religion.

The battle between good and evil is mostly a shitty battle.
Good and evil are ideas. It's what people do with them that makes the difference. And ironically enough, any single individual will think they're doing good. And the thinnest of rationalizations is 'doing Gods work'.
(07-25-2018, 07:37 AM)grayman Wrote:  And when you add religious superstition to the mix:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/nigeria_children_witchcraft

Yep. And that's without even getting into FGM.

(07-25-2018, 09:08 AM)stanky Wrote:  Still, I think most folks are decent.

That's the part I don't believe. I think the vast majority of people are just apathetic wage slaves who spend so much time chasing their tails to keep up with the Joneses that they don't have time to be evil.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Yet, since they're ignoring the shit around them, they enable it.
(07-25-2018, 01:34 PM)sparks Wrote:  Yet, since they're ignoring the shit around them, they enable it.

Exactly!

Hence The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Meanwhile, a sixth person has been arrested, and I see in the news today, one of those charged is the boy's father.