Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Language of PC
It's safe for you Lefties to watch this,  Angel he's well left of Lenin.    I found it refreshing that it's not just we obnoxious bloody right wing fascists who are over the farce of PC in general.

Love this bloke's style. 

While you're here ... here's one of his better rants on US school shootings.

I like that. May watch more when I have a moment.
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin
He's great fun.

But in my world, it was always the right-leaning folks that couldn't endure the sight of a woman breast feeding or a young man with a beard. It was the Ascroft's and Pence's that couldn't endure the idea of a tit, even on a statue.
Maybe it's all changed, but back in the day, it was the right-leaning that were the prudes.
That was where the censorship came from.

The popular comedians that started to cut through that code of prudery were always left leaning.

Still are.
(07-11-2018, 07:27 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  It's safe for you Lefties to watch this,  Angel he's well left of Lenin.    I found it refreshing that it's not just we obnoxious bloody right wing fascists who are over the farce of PC in general.

Love this bloke's style. 

While you're here ... here's one of his better rants on US school shootings.

need more Tourettes to overcome false equivalencies. 
the more you drive the dumber you get
Yes, that may help Pres, but what about him??
He's full of shit when he says Trump is like all US presidents in doing nothing. I can think of a recent president who strongly advocated for gun control, esp after school shootings.

That that president proved ineffective in being able to move Congress is a separate thing. 

This comic needs stronger drugs or to spray more when he shouts to even approach Lewis Black.

If you deem " I can think of a recent president who strongly advocated for gun control, esp after school shootings." equivalent to "doing something" then I guess trying to make any other point is an excersize in futility.
...none so blind as the saying goes.

If you have the need to see Trump pulling the sky down then knock yourself out mate.  Not my problem.

Those of us less zealously politically obsessed see a few things he's done, especially among the slugs and roaches in Europe as long overdue.   But then, Europe isn't a state of the USA so it doesn't count right?

Sorry Pres but you and I are too distant to have reasonable discussions of US politics, and you understandably have no interest in ours so forgive me if I just let your opinions go through to the keeper. 

I'd rather do that than lock horns over something that is nowhere  close to being as important to me as it obviously is to you.  I don't like extremists at either end of the spectrum and you seem to only want to concentrate on the extreme ends.  All okay with me, go for it if you need to.
(07-12-2018, 09:42 AM)President Bush Wrote:  He's full of shit when he says Trump is like all US presidents in doing nothing. I can think of a recent president who strongly advocated for gun control, esp after school shootings.

That that president proved ineffective in being able to move Congress is a separate thing. 

He didn't try all that hard, though. He never tried to pick a fight and sign executive orders. Obama was very much "steady as she goes", and his legacy is average at best.

He does rate as the most-popular president in living memory, which says a lot: http://www.people-press.org/2018/07/11/obama-tops-publics-list-of-best-president-in-their-lifetime-followed-by-clinton-reagan/

By the metrics used in that survey, I'd say Trump will be in front shortly after his re-election in 2020.

Trump is doing things, alright:

Alienate allies
Enable Putin
Start trade war

Stupid shit, but you can't deny he's actually changing the world. Not for the better.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(07-12-2018, 04:26 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  If you deem " I can think of a recent president who strongly advocated for gun control, esp after school shootings." equivalent to "doing something" then I guess trying to make any other point is an excersize in futility.
...none so blind as the saying goes.

If you have the need to see Trump pulling the sky down then knock yourself out mate.  Not my problem.

Those of us less zealously politically obsessed see a few things he's done, especially among the slugs and roaches in Europe as long overdue.   But then, Europe isn't a state of the USA so it doesn't count right?

Sorry Pres but you and I are too distant to have reasonable discussions of US politics, and you understandably have no interest in ours so forgive me if I just let your opinions go through to the keeper. 

I'd rather do that than lock horns over something that is nowhere  close to being as important to me as it obviously is to you.  I don't like extremists at either end of the spectrum and you seem to only want to concentrate on the extreme ends.  All okay with me, go for it if you need to.

pro tip: using the word obviously in a discussion is never effective. Because what is obvious to one is, generally, nothing more than a giant fucking x marking the spot where one fails to see the impact of bias on one's own judgement
(07-12-2018, 05:41 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(07-12-2018, 09:42 AM)President Bush Wrote:  He's full of shit when he says Trump is like all US presidents in doing nothing. I can think of a recent president who strongly advocated for gun control, esp after school shootings.

He didn't try all that hard, though. He never tried to pick a fight and sign executive orders. Obama was very much "steady as she goes", and his legacy is average at best.

He does rate as the most-popular president in living memory, which says a lot: http://www.people-press.org/2018/07/11/obama-tops-publics-list-of-best-president-in-their-lifetime-followed-by-clinton-reagan/

By the metrics used in that survey, I'd say Trump will be in front shortly after his re-election in 2020.

Trump is doing things, alright:

Alienate allies
Enable Putin
Start trade war

Stupid shit, but you can't deny he's actually changing the world. Not for the better.

The comic said "they're all the same"... just being pedantic, I suppose, by pointing out that ain't so.