Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There' a coincidence!!
I was about to PM TA for tips on avoiding spammers.  My little forum got hit with 163 new members overnight.
Took me an hour to delete 'em all one by one.  There has to be an easier way to do it.
Just had a peek at the members list and this one has been flooded too.

Major pain in the arse.

Mine were almost all using the same blogsite email adress.  One that ended in  .ru  !!  .. shit, the Russians are coming!!

How the hell did this one get through here??  Who 'activated' the flea??  I presume our Admin is snuggled under the doona.
i can assure you all that this Yangshang fella is not affiliated with Titanic Brass Company or any its affiliates.
(That's not how we do business.)
(06-28-2018, 06:15 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I was about to PM TA for tips on avoiding spammers.  My little forum got hit with 163 new members overnight.
Took me an hour to delete 'em all one by one.  There has to be an easier way to do it.
Just had a peek at the members list and this one has been flooded too.

Major pain in the arse.

Mine were almost all using the same blogsite email adress.  One that ended in  .ru  !!  .. shit, the Russians are coming!!

How the hell did this one get through here??  Who 'activated' the flea??  I presume our Admin is snuggled under the doona.

I inadvertently left registration open the other day - when I was setting up the account for some bloke who hasn't used it yet.

The only way to keep them out is to have Admin registration only. No easy way to remove them once they get here, but you can use your admin powers to just check each thread in the "today's new posts" button, then mass-delete them all. You don't even need to go to the control panel.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I see a massive risk of Murphy's Law getting involved in me doing something like that. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Thanks, but it seems to come in waves so I'll do it the hard way for a while and see if it drops off. ... she said hopefully but unconvinced. siiiigh
I miss the days of simple snake oil.