Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we have 144 members...
Then why the hell are there only 4 of us actually posting?

Sure, Shiner got the red-ass and huffed off in a hissy fit and I chased OG away by revealing to her what a twat she was, but Jeebus!  144 and we're the only ones talking.

Goddamn.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
It's not unusual though Sparks, I've joined a lot of forums that I never posted on. They seem of interest due some discussion but then you realise they're not worth the effort.
Some join because they've got a bonnet full of bees to release but then most think better of it when they either settle down, their meds kick in, or they realise they are going to get their arses handed to them.
Some are too timid to speak up.

A lot of people are just shy, they like to 'listen in' but seldom make any contribution to the discussion.
Some might even be "monitoring" us ... or dare we hope, some may even enjoy reading the philosopharty bullshit we so copiously supply.

It would be nice if some just said Hi. or "love your work" or "you are a total wanker" or something, not much to ask really, but don't hold your breath.

I run a tiny membership (quasi-private) forum with roughly the same number of posters. 7 members 4 regular chatters 3 heard from occasionally. We don't have more members because I just delete anyone not vouched for by one of the regulars.

It's not meant to be a general forum, just a drop in place for old, long time forum pals from the past who got cast adrift from closed forums and are not into Facebook, so it's not comparable with one like this.
I doubt we get many regular lurkers and all who are desperate to join us seem to have .ru at the end of their email addresses so ... spammers.
(06-16-2018, 05:49 PM)sparks Wrote:  Then why the hell are there only 4 of us actually posting?

I count six:
1. TA
2. Di
3. stanky
4. Pres
5. You
6. Me
At some point, you don't care if Jesus walked on the water. You've seen seen drunk guys water ski across the lake. - stanky
it could be me that's the problem.

as an attention whore extraordinaire, i'm bound to pull in some lurkers.

in my mind, i'm the kim kardhsian of recodger.

yours in humility,

el stanko
(06-16-2018, 05:49 PM)sparks Wrote:  Then why the hell are there only 4 of us actually posting?

Sure, Shiner got the red-ass and huffed off in a hissy fit and I chased OG away by revealing to her what a twat she was, but Jeebus!  144 and we're the only ones talking.

Goddamn.

Some of them are spammers, although there are a few members who just don't post.

Other than Gray's half dozen, we have Grifter as an occasional contributor and a few other longtime lurkers.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(06-16-2018, 09:44 PM)grayman Wrote:  

I count six:
1. TA
2. Di
3. stanky
4. Pres
5. You
6. Me

I stand corrected and thank you sir!
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Gray's half dozen? Presume you meant Grayman but I checked as I've been hunting for an old pal who used to call himself Gray or Grey on forums.

No one's spotted him for around 3 or 4 years now though so he's probably fallen off the twig.

Really interesting character, smart as a tack too. Would have fitted in well here, he was a small a anarchist.
Had some novel ideas about how things should be run. As expected I spent most of the time telling him why they wouldn't work but we enjoyed the jousts immensely.

I think I may have a problem, most of the people I've kept in contact with longest are those I've argued with, some of us still do it, but we're still mates.
i'd love to see more of grifter and his fabulous photos.
siiiigh, I got that post wrong TA, thought you meant 'Gray' had posted half a dozen but you meant the current 6.

If I get any sillier I swear I'll stand for politics!!

I'll ask Grifter about posting some more, he's not all that active this time of year, too cold for long stints in the bird hide.

...but then it's too hot in summer too. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
maybe i could get my cousin, 'quarky' to join?

he's a right funny bloke; likely fit in well here.