Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Benefits of Singularity
Didn't know whether to post this in the Science or Sport and Rec section so settled for the Common.

Good old science!  They've discovered what some women have known since they were teenagers.
They're better off staying single.  ... phew!  [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

http://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2018-06-17/why-women-are-staying-single/9873956?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=%3a8935&user_id=1027030745c8c35b58f3989a58798cd921e327c859fe320df46d80002be55e30&WT.tsrc=email&WT.mc_id=Email%7c%7c8935&utm_content=ABCNewsmail_topstories_articlelink

Quote:Jane is among a growing number of Australian women choosing to be alone or finding themselves without a partner later in life. In Australia, one in four women between the ages of 35 and 65 is single.

Jane said despite the spinster stereotypes and assumptions about being unlucky in love, solo living could be immensely rewarding, and was often misunderstood.

"I don't have a cat, and I don't have any of those clichés," she said.
"I'm just very happy in my world … and I don't yearn for someone to complete me."

Go Jane!  Most learned they were better off single the hard way,   some of us chose it early, not even close to nearly all intentionally single women are lesbians, they're not all fugly, and we don't hate men, just the constrictions of being married to them.  ... who'da thort  the stereotypes could be wrong eh?
OK, great. So they're better off and loving life more without hubby around.

Wonder what that really says about the relationships though. No word of that in the article.

I was married once for a year and a half. Fucking worst afternoon of my life! Smile What did I learn? That I'm far too self absorbed to ever make a good partner for any woman. Do I think I'm missing something in life?

No.

However, (and to put it crudely too) a great piece of ass every now and then is a welcome thing.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Quote:What did I learn? That I'm far too self absorbed to ever make a good partner for any woman. Do I think I'm missing something in life?

No.

However, (and to put it crudely too) a great piece of ass every now and then is a welcome thing.

And that Sparky is exactly the male equivalent of what drove my decision to give it all a miss.  
Just not worth the effort to have it handy. 
It's still around and easily found with variety on offer and without the cost of all the associated maintenance of a live in supply. 

(I'm not quite that baaad, but it goes something along those lines, pragmatic rather than bad.)
Never saw the need for people to marry other than to get the paperwork right for kids.   No kids, no weddings. No brainer.

Oh yeah, and selfish as hell too, especially about making my own decisions. Only a masochist would team up with me, and I don't like masochists.

We have more in common than we thought Sparks.
BWAHAHAHAHA Smile Thanks Di!! Lemme know when you get tired of your current boy stankster! Smile

I always show up when asked, and I never spend the night!! SmileSmile

(What a fuggin' prick, right?)
Nope, that slinking off early would be considered by me to the height of good manners Sparky.
Who want's to wake up next to a bleary eyed bloke with stubble and last night's dinner on his breath?

.. and it saves me being worried about what I look like in the mornings too. win/win. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I wish my wives had stayed single.
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin
Did you ask 'em if that was mutual??   Angel
i've been married a few times...

you'd think i'd have something to add to this thread.

nope.

coming up empty.
Yet, you have Mary now. You're not coming up empty, you simply don't want to share, and that's OK.

If she's put up with you for any length of time (and I presume you two have been together for a long time now based on what you have written about your relationship) then she's a saint soon to be canonized.

BTW--Looking good for me to get a gig in SC. If that happens, you and I will be in the same neighborhood. If it happens, let's you and I spend some time together on the AT.
The Stanky and Mary relationship beats the hell out of most married ones that I know of. Staying together because they mutual choose to is wayyyy better than staying because they feel they have to.

... and yeah, that sainthood thing could be worth considering for Mary.
I never had the temperament for marriage, I did some bloke/s a favour staying single. I'd be hell to live with.