Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup 2026: Canada, US & Mexico joint bid wins right to host tournament
World Cup 2026: Canada, US & Mexico joint bid wins right to host tournament

Quote:The 2026 World Cup will be held in the United States, Canada and Mexico after their joint bid beat Morocco's proposal to host it.

The 'United 2026' bid was selected by Fifa member nations, winning 134 votes compared to 65 for Morocco.

The 2026 tournament will be the biggest World Cup ever held - with 48 teams playing 80 matches over 34 days.

Canada, Mexico, U.S.A. - two outta three ain't bad.
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
Can't wait to see that! Still, by then the 'war' might be over.
Huh, I was expecting an Onion piece. Do they even play soccer in Canada?

They rank 79th in the world, I see. No doubt a new record for the lowest-ranked country ever to host it.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
The soccer tragics in OZ are all excited about our team playing France in Russia.  
"We could win this!"   yeah right.

France is No.3  Where does OZ sit  in the rankings?  46th.

No 46 beats No3 all the time right?  let's all put a dollar on that!   dreamers.

Who the hell could watch Soccer anyway?  Mum's of kids who are averse to the little darlings getting a few bruises and immigrants from central Europe who were never aware that there are better games to watch.

Very hard to find an Aussie with 4 gens of ancestors born here that doesn't snicker at Soccer.  Other than those soccer Mum's with the wimpy kids.

!@^%$**!  just lost most of this post! ....bugger!  siiiigh ... I'll try and rewrite it ....aaagghhhhh.

I went to a soccer match when I was about 13 or 14.
The Poms had sent Everton down here to show the colonials how the game is played in the 'real world' of Europe.

Dad's Irish mate had a few free tickets to give away and as Mum wouldn't be caught dead at a football match of any kind I went along with them.

As half expected a slanging match developed between the Irish mate and some nearby Poms.
That quickly devolved into a shoving match and a little fat Pommy bloke shoved me out of his way to get to the Irish old mate.

But he mustn't have lived here long as he badly underestimated the normal reaction of the average Aussie 'Sheila' to that kind of treatment, so when I shoved him back he went rolling down the stairs between the rows of seats. 

Oh shit!  Confused

We didn't wait to see what would happen when he got up, Dad grabbed me and we took off for the exit with old mate in close pursuit laughing fit to bust.

That officially qualifies me as an unconvicted Soccer hooligan!!

Never even watched another soccer match.  It was so bloody boring that starting a fight was better entertainment.
(Especially with Poms!) [Image: lol-laugh-smiley.gif]

Who'd bother with watching something like that?

.. except for those Mum's with the wimpy kids? 
Classic stuff!

You couldn't pay me to watch soccer. I tried once for some goddamned FA Cup final shit. 120 fucking minutes of soccer without a goal. I believe they did it all a week later.

Never again. I would much rather watch the grass grow.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Of course you would! People pay you to cut it! [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]