Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the hell are you?
No one's speaking?  Must be something to talk about,  what's happened to everyone?

Okay, well,  I had burglars trying a break in here last night.

Heard a bit of noise in the kitchen that didn't sound like the fridge, which makes more noise than a Mariachi band, so I shuffled out to see if a possum was in or something and here's some bastard trying to pry the flyscreen off the window.

Soon as I turned the light on he scarpered and all the sensor lights came on but he was around the corner before I could see him.

While I was reaching for the phone I heard more noises from the front.  His mate was working on getting the screen off the spare room window so I switched the light on there too.   And spoke loudly to 000 to connect me to the cops.

The cops were here in under 5 minutes, I was still chatting to the dispatcher when their wagon rolled up at the door.
Can't complain about response time.

They had a good look around but didn't find the bastards,  they go over the back fence and through the yards in the block behind.
So much for living in a "gated community".

The kitchen screen is only bent out a bit so he was an amateur but the front room screen in is lying in the garden so he got a bit further but hadn't started on breaking or jemmying the window.

I was still awake, watching telly with the light on so they're not shy are they?

Spoke to the neighbour this morning and he said he heard some noise around midnight (it was 12:10 am) so same fellas tried their unit too.  
He was still getting ready to go to bed and his light was on too.  They have Crimsafe screens though and they're a bit too hard for the amateur burglars so they've moved up to my unit to try their luck here.

Anyway, it didn't keep me awake but I checked the windows this morning and hadn't imagined it, the screens both show some damage. 

It's probably the same gang that were breaking in a year or 2 ago,  they'd be out of jail by now.  Bastards!
Shoot the gits. Send a clear message: Try that shit here and you're dead.

Fuckers.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Fuckin' hell, that's no good!

I thought it was only places like Huntly in NZ they break in while you're awake inside.

Have someone reliable check your locks & security!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Build a wall. Make the burglars pay for it.

Glad you're unharmed.
"lower than a snakes ass in a wagon rut." - sparks
what gray man said.

as per where are we/

i'm still here, sitting on the sidelines, conjuring an epic thread.

i've got stuff to say...i've been holding back.
i wan't to make it worthwhile.

plus, my keyboard is all fucked up. russian hackers, no doubt.
can't do upper case at all.

limits my expressions.

probably not enough
Time for a new Mac?
I went to sleep with a chuckle thinking about what I would have done with a gun.  
Probably no more than I did.  Call the cops.

Geeeze one of them is an absolute babe!  6'4" and looks like he should be lead in a movie.  siiiiigh.   Heart

Anyway I've phoned the management to tip off the ressies that the burglars are back,  and to send someone to fix the screens.
They're none too happy that their expensive "security" fence and gates aren't worth spit.

That was their "wall" Grayman,  didn't work here either. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(06-12-2018, 06:30 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Geeeze one of them is an absolute babe!  6'4" and looks like he should be lead in a movie.  siiiiigh.   Heart

Legend!

I can't think of any other woman whose thought processes would've gone there.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I can!!  [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Chatting with the maintenance bloke and he's filthy about these grubs hitting the oldies again.  He reckons it's the family of Kooris renting one of the houses that share the back fence.  But that was the conclusion jumped to last time and it was 3 white blokes, well one halfcaste but more white than black so I let that go through to the keeper.
It is likely though as they just vanished and didn't head towards the road so it should be okay to wonder.

Then he said the duplex house across the lawn from me was robbed 2 weeks ago!  There's a reasonably 'young' (60s) couple in there and they'd left their back door unlocked until they went to bed.  They were hit around 10:30pm!

But so much for tipping off management to warn everyone,  they kept that one quiet. Angry
Damn sad what the world has come to. Fucking assholes like that wandering around trying to rip people off. I'm betting stank doesn't have this problem down in the holler because there are not too many rats in that cage as yet. But, any larger city and suddenly one get's a shitload of folks who just don't know how to behave themselves

And the only way to get their minds right is with some high velocity lead poisoning.