Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead pool
Anthony Bourdain dead at 61 and by his own hand.

No fucking sympathy.

Apparently good food, good booze, world travel and a modicum of good money just wasn't enough for the drug addled fucker.

No sympathy at all.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Bit of a spree of celebrity suicides lately.

Some quite famous fashion chick whacked herself the other day. Less than a year since Chester checked out.

I know nothing about Bourdain, so I couldn't say whether your opinion's harsh or not, but it sure as fuck does more emotional harm to the remaining family than the suicide "victim".
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Only if they know about it, and I rather doubt that they'd care what I fucking think about the prick.
Nooooo!    I loved Anthony Bourdain!  maybe it's a girl thing but he could'a put his boots under my bed any time!

I watched his shows a lot,  he had that "magical" charisma between being a serious investigator of different culture's culinary arts and keeping it cool and funny so it was never boring.  

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-08/anthony-bourdain-dies-aged-61-cnn-says/9851840

He seemed to genuinely connect with the people he met on his travels, treated them as part of the culture that produced the unusual foods, brought out the best in them and made them easy to see as individual people.  He had a knack for it.  
Was there something bad in him that I was missing?  He seemed a pretty interesting bloke to me.  Sexy too.  Very.

Shit.  why would he check out?  Wahhhh. [Image: crying-girl.gif]  [Image: crying-and-sobbing.gif]
Why indeed.

I used to watch his gig too. And I agree with you, except about all the girlie stuff. Seemed to me he had everything a guy could want. And yet somehow it just wasn't enough. That's why I have no sympathy.
(06-08-2018, 07:03 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Shit.  why would he check out?  Wahhhh. [Image: crying-girl.gif]  [Image: crying-and-sobbing.gif]

It does make you wonder. Robin Williams was very depressed, as was the fashion chick.

Yet, 99+% of depressed people don't top themselves.

Fucked if I know.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Appears he hanged himself at his luxury apartment in the Alsace region of N. E. France. He must've been really fucking depressed or pissed about something.
I wasn't familiar with the guy, but I'm familiar with depression.
So I do have empathy.

It's impossible to use logic in cases like his...or Robin Williams or those recent rock stars they had it all and chose to opt out.

Sparky is being harsh, imho.
Yet, i forgive him.

(I once held a slingshot against my head, during a spell of suicidal depression. Couldn't afford a gun. Which is depressing.)

Evidently I'm too old for depression these days. I don't take myself that seriously anymore. So I make inappropriate jokes instead. Which no one laughs at....which should be depressing to me...except, as I mentioned, I'm not that important to me these days.

Depression is a real thing. It's way creepy. It may simply be an exotic virus. It does seem to vex folks with overly active minds.
Quote: Evidently I'm too old for depression these days. I don't take myself that seriously anymore.

That's how I survived, treated it as a blip/bad spell/mental cold to be put up with until it passes. 

It appears that if we hang on long enough we outgrow it.  (Or what was making us depressed goes away)  I still get black dog days but shrug them off and ride them out.   I don't give them the intensity of thought that I used to.  "you'll get over it, no big deal, just veg out for a few days" is the reaction now.

I was told by a Doctor with enough experience in the specialty to be credible that we can even outlast arthritis!
It gradually reduces it's effect over time.  Problem is the length of time it takes,  only those who make 90 have noticable improvement and cessation of pain and damage from R.A.

Really old people can also beat cancer for longer than younger ones 'cos their metabolism is slower or somesuch.  Aging had to have some benefits right?

So it stands to reason that it seems younger and middle aged people succumb to suicide more than those over 70.

... or something.    Gees,  that news ruined my day though.
Excellent take on it, honey buns.