Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the nature of police work attractive to red-neck thugs?
https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/6/6/17434320/robert-johnson-mesa-arizona-police-beating

sure.

In the 60's, lots of cops liked to beat the shit out of white hippies.
That thuggery isn't necessarily racist.
I think the job simply draws guys that enjoy the power it offers.

One of the perks they get is driving really fast.
In cars they don't even have to buy.

They get to chase other people that also like to drive really fast.

In the U.S., anyway, the goal of becoming a cop doesn't necessarily draw our finest.
This is often true with soldiers as well.

Yet, it is a very sacred cow.

(I could get the crap beat out of me for writing this post.)

I've been beaten by cops and soldiers, for the crime of long hair.
I've also hung out with notoriously violent bikers without issue.

They didn't seem to hate hippies the way cops and soldiers did.
They bought pot and acid from hippies.

(Go figure.)
Q: Is the nature of police work attractive to red-neck thugs?   

A: Yes   
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(06-06-2018, 07:47 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  Q: Is the nature of police work attractive to red-neck thugs?   

A: Yes   

Even in OZ and NZ?

Iirc, your cops don't even wear guns...nor would they have the same fears that ours do,that the perp is packing heat..
(06-07-2018, 08:25 AM)stanky Wrote:  Even in OZ and NZ?

Iirc, your cops don't even wear guns...nor would they have the same fears that ours do,that the perp is packing heat..

Fuck mate, Aussie's cops are MUCH worse than ours, and ours are a complete bunch of redneck racist.

Why the fuck do you think we don't let them carry guns?

This is from today's newspaper, but it ain't news: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12066902

A mate of mine got out of prison after serving 4 years for selling methamphetamine.

He wasn't that thrilled about it all, and when he got out, he sprayed FUCK THE POLICE on his lawn, because the police helicopter flies over the property. Within a week, he had a visit from the cops as six cars descended on his house. They found nothing (obviously), so all they could do was cry about and warn him of all sorts of horrible times if he did it again.

It isn't easy being a cop. (Douglas Adams, HHGTTG)
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I don't know where I got these false ideas about NZ, T.A.

British cops aren't armed, as far as I know.
But maybe that's a myth too?

fuck.

Do your cops have tanks yet?

My faith in humanity just dropped 3 points.
This is like me telling you that Taylor Swift is a bottle blond.

(I needed NZ to be a beacon of hope, mate.)

this is crushing news.
Glad OZ is off the 'beacon of hope' hook.

Ours didn't carry guns when I was a kid,  I think I'd have noticed. They do now of course but then more of the crims do too.  
Was a time in Sydney when the most dangerous weapon used by crims was the cut-throat razor.

It's only natural that Aussie cops are worse than Kiwi cops.  NZ has always been 20 years behind the rest of the world.CoolTongueAngel
(06-07-2018, 09:01 PM)stanky Wrote:  I don't know where I got these false ideas about NZ, T.A.

British cops aren't armed, as far as I know.

No, the Poms still don't routinely carry guns, either.

Thanks to being an island 50,000 km from the nearest land, NZ's not an easy place to bring guns to, so our crims are very poorly armed. The only case ever involving an actual machine gun was a Thompson, about which much fuss was made, but it had been converted to single fire anyway.

I'm sure I posted a pic of a WWII Webley revolver the cops seized the other day.
Stanky - I think you had a picture of NZ as it would have been had our Prime Minister in the early '70s not dropped dead on the job: Norman Kirk, a fucking legend whose loss the world is still feeling.
The world TA?   I don't even remember hearing of him before. Huh Confused
You were cooking a roast at the time dear... Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.