Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh noes... USA is running out of weapons!
As missiles hadn't been used a lot during the Cold War, the supply chain largely dried up, and now USA's used a whole lot in A'stan, Iraq & Syria, the supplies are running a little low.

The irony that they just about can't make any more without Chinese-controlled supplies is delicious: https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2018/05/22/the-us-is-running-out-of-bombs-and-it-may-soon-struggle-to-make-more/
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
no worries.
We have vast supplies of chemical weapons.
All we need is a leader with zero respect for the rules.

If only jesus would send him to us.
(05-24-2018, 07:49 PM)stanky Wrote:  All we need is a leader with zero respect for the rules.

That is convenient.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(05-25-2018, 01:18 AM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(05-24-2018, 07:49 PM)stanky Wrote:  All we need is a leader with zero respect for the rules.

That is convenient.

It is okay for us to use them because we are the good guys.
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin
We are the globe's moral arbitrator.
The proof is in our billionaires.
(05-25-2018, 04:20 AM)grayman Wrote:  It is okay for us to use them because we are the good guys.

That used to be the case until Vietnam.

USA was the good guy. It became yet another example of absolute power being absolutely corrupted.
(05-25-2018, 07:31 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(05-25-2018, 04:20 AM)grayman Wrote:  It is okay for us to use them because we are the good guys.

That used to be the case until Vietnam.

USA was the good guy. It became yet another example of absolute power being absolutely corrupted.

You could go back much further than Vietnam.
What we did to North Korea was unprecedented in warfare.
It was overkill.

Too bad we have no memory or teaching of history.
It would be helpful in understanding NK today.

Of course, you can always go back further. Central and South America. Cuba, Puerto Rico; whatever. Slavery; genocide of natives; you name it. We've never been the good guys. There are no good guys.

We need to be heroes so badly that we're willing to invent villains. And arm them.
Quote:There are no good guys.

We need to be heroes so badly that we're willing to invent villains. And arm them.

That's sadly true.  I find myself hoping that Trump is not as bad a Sparky sees him.  Hoping that there's method in the madness.  I get all excited when he seems to have pulled off some 'deal' with Xi or whoever. 

He's hasn't been the knell of doom that was predicted but I have to take stock and weigh up what I hope against what I expect to try and keep it real.  I think you've nailed it.   Even the most cynical of us secretly wish there was a good guy.
If you can't feel, i want nothing to do with you.
Strange, it's as if we all must hold onto a slice of woo.

People without some 'soul', a very wooish term, are people worth avoiding.
An idea that really pisses off Atheists is the idea of theistic atheism.
(sparky will have a stoke if we get back into this argument.)

But yeah...fundamentalism exists on a variety of formats.
It's the turf of the cock-sure. The ass-holes of humanity.

The war is between humility and arrogance.
I'm the one who'd have a stroke?

Need I remind you of what happened last time we tried to have a discussion about this stuff?

I think not.

There are many definitions for the term 'soul'. You might want to pin that down a bit more before proceeding. Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.