Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ocean level rise warning.
I hope I haven't been beaten to post on this.

https://www.theonion.com/report-ocean-levels-could-rise-foot-or-more-if-lots-of-1819576232?utm_campaign=SF&utm_content=Main&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=Facebook

There you go.  All you math genii can figure out how many people would cause a displacement equating to a foot rise.

heh heh.
We know now that sea level rise comes from rocks falling into the ocean.
(There is a shred of truth in that, of course.)

Every time a kid skips a stone into a glassy bay, the ocean rises.
(Little shits.)
But the amount of fish we take and the pods of beached whales would balance out the skipped stones.
Good thinking.
Except that we tend to piss and shit the fish back into the sea.
Even the rotting whale mass tends to work its way down stream.

If you happen to flush your toilet with fresh glacier water, the problem is exacerbated.
Fresh glacier water hasn't been available in OZ for a really, really long time. But it's a really nice thought.
I've drank a glass of it in Alaska and it tasted pretty much like Sydney tap water. (Sydney had a really good quality water supply. and we flushed the toilets with it. siiigh.)
What happens when a kid skips a stone and it hits and knocks out a fish or whale?
"lower than a snakes ass in a wagon rut." - sparks
Then Chuck Norris is obliged to divide by Zero.

God help you if your in the neighborhood when he does that!
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(05-21-2018, 12:20 PM)grayman Wrote:  What happens when a kid skips a stone and it hits and knocks out a fish or whale?

God cries.

"Not a sparrow falls that dad doesn't know about" Jesus H Christ, Jerusalem, c 50 AD.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Brilliant!Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
apologies for my lack of religious training, but I always forget what the "H" stands for.

(Is it "Horatio"?)