Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vale David Goodall
Consider it an investment against the frailty of the future.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Nitrogen is an option.

I do admire your efforts in this field, T.A.
(As well as your Mohammed cartoon)

I'm sure I've mentioned our (The U.S.) struggle with finding the ideal way to kill our death-row inmates...it's very difficult, evidently
Even though we've mastered the art of killing during wars and war-ish conflicts...even though the majority of the casualties are kids.

It's a hilarious slice of the darkest comedy we engage in...and of course, it happens in Jesus's name.

Maybe I'm old fashioned...but I like my hypocrisy with more subtlety.

We do love our zygotes and embryos...even as we defund every social program that benefits children.

A minor blip in the news a few days ago was that Team Trump was trying to relax regulations against child labor.

Holy cow.

(Almost embarrassed to admit, I also considered the irresistability of working that Munchkin voice on the helium exhale.)

I suppose with some minor tweaks, the helium could be saved in such euthanasia scenarios...but the stuff is damn hard to contain...and when it slips off, it tends to leave our atmosphere for ever.

2nd most common element in the universe; in short supply.

Nitrous Oxide could also take a person off this mortal coil, in a not too horrible way. As could heroin. Or morphine.

Or those machines that crush cars into a small cube in one second.

The morality of death is a strange thing. We want it to be quick. We take our sick old dogs to the vet for a heavy shot of phenobarbital or an analog of it...and we feel ok about it. We fucking love our old dogs. We are assured by the vet that they painlessly "go to sleep".
I've witnessed it to many times, but it indeed does seem to 'put them to sleep painlessly and very quickly.

So why can't we use that stuff on our beloved humans? Or the hateful murderers on death row?

Those drugs are really cheap.

People are kind of crazy.
(05-13-2018, 02:14 PM)stanky Wrote:  I'm sure I've mentioned our (The U.S.) struggle with finding the ideal way to kill our death-row inmates...it's very difficult, evidently
Even though we've mastered the art of killing during wars and war-ish conflicts...even though the majority of the casualties are kids.

Just bring back hanging already. I've always admired the efforts America has gone to to kill perfectly healthy humans. Old Sparky, hanging, firing squad, lethal injection, and the one that I liked best myself - the gas chamber. We used to listen to a radio program in the '60s which always ended with the guy in the gas chamber, then there would be a hiss as the pellets hit the water.

Even as a kid I always thought it was a bizarre concept.

(05-13-2018, 02:14 PM)stanky Wrote:  It's a hilarious slice of the darkest comedy we engage in...and of course, it happens in Jesus's name.

Of course, the most hilarious thing is that Jesus would not have approved.

(05-13-2018, 02:14 PM)stanky Wrote:  Maybe I'm old fashioned...but I like my hypocrisy with more subtlety.

We do love our zygotes and embryos...even as we defund every social program that benefits children.

Absolutely. Fine to kill a viable, healthy (and retarded, if need be), but a sin against god to suck a bundle of cells out of a chick.

(05-13-2018, 02:14 PM)stanky Wrote:  Nitrous Oxide could also take a person off this mortal coil, in a not too horrible way. As could heroin. Or morphine.

Yep, nitrous is the next choice, although less easy to source.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(05-13-2018, 05:22 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(05-13-2018, 02:14 PM)stanky Wrote:  Nitrous Oxide could also take a person off this mortal coil, in a not too horrible way. As could heroin. Or morphine.

Yep, nitrous is the next choice, although less easy to source.

I know I have posted something about this before. Too lazy to look up where.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2018/03/29/draining-the-swamp-dumping-climate-change-nitrous-oxide-ozone-in-atmosphere/

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es9604673
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin
Another cut feedback loop. We're bulldozing the shit out of them over here as I type.

Auckland has lost 95% of its wetlands, so the boys are going all-out for 100%.

Fuck we are stupid.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
We do love to drain swamps.

Hilarious that draining the swamp has become a political cliche that connotates a positive thing.

If anything, we should be re-filling the swamps....
as per sanity in ecology.

But we don't think rationally, and our perversion of language shows it.

Globally, the draining of wetlands could be seen as a human obsession.
Even as we learn of their ridiculous ecological value.

The language has been co-opted in ironic ways.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/jan/18/iraq-marsh-arabs-test-the-waters-wetlands-ruined-by-saddam-reborn-southern-marshes
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin