Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble in the White House?
I have thoughts on the matter; very scattered. Hence (forgive me) I must resort to my embarrassing numbering of thoughts:

1. I have big respect for Noam Chomsky's opinions. His contributions to linguistics and mathematics are significant. I went to M.I.T. in the 60's...not as an  enrolled student...I went there to party. There were psychedelic geeks there. Chemists, too. They took me in. Chomsky was already there, and highly respected. He thinks this Trump show  is a plan, from the start...to distract us and divide us. I'm inclined to agree.

2. Mary and I live in Trump Central. Even though it doesn't really impact us (we live out in the woods, and when we go to town, the locals love us. Because we're decent humans, for the most part. We tip our waitress. It matters, in a small town. Yet, we don't do it because of any strategy...we do it because we have this weird innate generosity in our souls. Even though we can't identify the soul, nor come up with a more sciency new word for that which I mention.

3. She and I discuss the distinct possibility of Trump resigning and how the local populace might react to this. It's possible, from their mindset, that Trump we become a martyr equivalent to Jesus.
Plus, they have guns. They have a shit-ton of guns. For lurkers, I live in rural Kentucky. Home of the fastest horses on Earth.

4. Trump resigning, with honor, to protect his beloved hot daughter, Ivanka, whom is knee deep in shit, will wash well with his base. Family values and all. Plus, she's hot. If there's one thing his base loves, it's a hot blond with big tits. Ivanka is all that. Jared Kushner; in charge of basically running everything, has become 'disposable'. He's hiding. He's not running shit. (bless his heart)

5. So, how does this play out?
I have some hunches. But I'd like to hear your predictions about this; especially if they differ from what I've already revealed, before i make my prediction.
(05-07-2018, 10:08 AM)stanky Wrote:  I have thoughts on the matter; very scattered. Hence (forgive me) I must resort to my embarrassing numbering of thoughts:

1. I have big respect for Noam Chomsky's opinions. His contributions to linguistics and mathematics are significant. I went to M.I.T. in the 60's...not as an  enrolled student...I went there to party. There were psychedelic geeks there. Chemists, too. They took me in. Chomsky was already there, and highly respected. He thinks this Trump show  is a plan, from the start...to distract us and divide us. I'm inclined to agree.

2. Mary and I live in Trump Central. Even though it doesn't really impact us (we live out in the woods, and when we go to town, the locals love us. Because we're decent humans, for the most part. We tip our waitress. It matters, in a small town. Yet, we don't do it because of any strategy...we do it because we have this weird innate generosity in our souls. Even though we can't identify the soul, nor come up with a more sciency new word for that which I mention.

3. She and I discuss the distinct possibility of Trump resigning and how the local populace might react to this. It's possible, from their mindset, that Trump we become a martyr equivalent to Jesus.
Plus, they have guns. They have a shit-ton of guns. For lurkers, I live in rural Kentucky. Home of the fastest horses on Earth.

4. Trump resigning, with honor, to protect his beloved hot daughter, Ivanka, whom is knee deep in shit, will wash well with his base. Family values and all. Plus, she's hot. If there's one thing his base loves, it's a hot blond with big tits. Ivanka is all that. Jared Kushner; in charge of basically running everything, has become 'disposable'. He's hiding. He's not running shit. (bless his heart)

5. So, how does this play out?
I have some hunches. But I'd like to hear your predictions about this; especially if they differ from what I've already revealed, before i make my prediction.

1.  Agreed.

2.  Solidarity.  Good for you.

3.  Never happen.  Kentucky also makes very good booze.

4.  Trump has no honor, and will never resign.  And, while little Iwanka is hot (for a blonde), Chumpster Fire is too much of a sociopath to give a fuck about what happens to her.  Kushner is an idiot.  Bless his heart.

5. How does it play out?  Someone will finally get smart and off the Orange Sonofabitch.  Pence takes up the Cloak Of Stupid.  But, because he wants to continue to live, he's a bit more amenable (not much more, but enough) to reason.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Historically, assassins favor leftist icons.
I don't see anyone offing Trump.
(05-07-2018, 10:08 AM)stanky Wrote:  3. She and I discuss the distinct possibility of Trump resigning and how the local populace might react to this. It's possible, from their mindset, that Trump we become a martyr equivalent to Jesus.

The locals I have met whom support him claim he is disliked because he "speaks his mind".
"(my grunge is true)" - stanky
Gently remind 'the locals' that in order to speak ones mind, one must have a mind to begin with.

The Orange Fucktard never did and never will.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(05-07-2018, 10:08 AM)stanky Wrote:  5. So, how does this play out?

A second term for team Trump in 2020.

The Dems don't have anyone capable of standing; Biden's a paedophile who would be shredded if he ran; Warren would be dismissed as Pocohontas; Sanders is too old; Kamala Harris... srsly? Someone nobody's ever heard of against the biggest Reality TV star in the universe?

They may as well pick Billary again - Trump is odds-on favourite to win, and Sanders, who will be 79 at the election, is 2nd favourite at 9:1.

Biden is third favourite. I have to admit, the spectre of attack ads on Biden is pretty funny. Not to mention very, very easy to find material for.

That's where the Dems are right now, and I'd say there is zero chance of impeachment coming out of Mueller, because the Republicans will block every move.

Trump in 2020, then Ivanka in 2024. That's how it plays out.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Who knows?

Clinton (the Bill version) announced his candidacy only thirteen months before the election.
"(my grunge is true)" - stanky
I seem to remember making some 'stupid' prediction along the lines of Stanky's  No.s 3 and 4 about 15 minutes after he was elected but what would antipodeans know about it?

I still think he was more successful than ever expected by any of them, Dems and Reps both.

They didn't start to flinch until Jeb Bush took his bat and went home.

I reckon Trump was there to get everyone's attention firstly,  to pillory Hillary (sorry) secondly, and then to make Jeb look better by comparison when the final decisions were to be made.

But their stalking horse bolted.  Who'da thort?  Certainly not the GOP, he did them over royally.

Think about it a bit and it makes sense that only someone as grossly egotistical as Trump could have done the job on Clinton so crassly.  And it had to be crass to work.  It had to be gutter, and it had to be venomous and that is not the attributes the average voter,  especially the anal Tea Party/GOP faction voters want to see in their POTUS.

So Jeb couldn't combat her with the dirt files.  That wouldn't have been "seemly". 
The rest of them,  Rubio, Cruz and co were never more than 3rd raters thrown into the ring only to have all their own shortcomings spotlighted.  ... and you've all seen the movie.

Was the plan to make Trump POTUS?  I doubt that initially.  But maybe a deal was struck when he realised that he had their balls in hand and he 'agreed' to be their candidate on the understanding he'd only serve a year or so until the big changes were pushed through and then he'd retire for "family reasons"  and let them appoint Pence or whoever was still above room temperature at the time.

Except he makes deals, he doesn't keep deals.   He fired all their minders and they couldn't do a thing about it.

Is he still intending to retire 'gracefully'??   Now that's not something I'm predicting.  That depends on what his real intentions are and who the hell could claim to know that?

Maybe he come to the same conclusions that we have ...  that Ivanka really is the dumb blonde she appears to be after all and he'll shrug off the notion that she would be next in line.

He may just have a good hard squint at his family and realize that they're a long way short of being dynasty material.  That may be enough to make him shrug and walk away.

But if he really is enjoying the power just for the hell of it,  then hang on tight, there still could be a hell of a ride to come.

You nailed the Dems dilemma TA,  nobody to choose as competition.  
Same problem as both sides here,  the only people who want the job are either already in it,  or too detestable, or bloody stupid, or both, to be given it.

Maybe the Dems can recruit George Clooney?  he had plenty to say about how Trump could never win so he may want to put the face up to try out that theory.  again.   He'd get more of that female vote than Hillary I'd bet.

god you gotta luv politics,   more fun than watching rats in a leaking box.Big Grin