Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFL
His speed would be useful, but I'm not sure he'd be too good at the rough stuff.

Going by what I've seen of his soccer, his lack of skill is going to be the problem.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Yeah, he doesn't impress me at all at anything much other than outrunning the rest of the herd.

Something about him just rings a bit hollow. He's just after all the money he can make and I have no issues with that, but making it from selling brekky cereal is righteous enough, pretending to be the next Rinaldo under false pretences is not.
He did pick the softest pro soccer game in the world. The skill level is atrocious, so he'll probably be ok.

Crowds are flocking to games he's in.

People are fucking morons.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Quote:People are fucking morons.

They sure are, you can tell by the increasing number of pearls of wisdom on Twitter that they're breeding a purer strain of idiots at an alarming rate.

Oh?, you didn't mean that literally?  Angel

It's a hoot that the only team who'd give him a try out is a local Aussie one rated about 1007th on the world scale.
The big thing with Aussie soccer is that while the standard is awful, the money in it still rivals some of the second-tier nations. All those Sydney & Melbourne Dagoes Wops & Spics love the round-ball game and put lots of money into it.

Same applies to your basketball, which is so weak that we've won most of the past ten Australian championships with a team of tall Maoris and a token washed-up Yank.
Didja watch the footy TA?

At least it settled something for me. I'm no longer undecided which team I hate the most. It's the Pies.

I only watched it for the enjoyment of watching one of them cry, but found I really wanted that to be Collingwood.

I don't think it's the team, it's the supporters that piss me off most.
I think the Pies were actually the better players but they ran out of puff and the Weagles did a 'Swannees' on 'em and pipped them with a last burst.

The Weagles didn't deserve to win, missing all those kicks but that''s how it goes eh?

Sucko the Broadies, cry in your beers.

Now if the Roosters can beat the Melbourne Storm tomorrow I'll count it a good weekend.

btw, did you catch the Dally M's the other night? I didn't but they replayed the highlights on the news.
I, and it seems everyone, loved that spontaneous Haka. Well done.
Here's an odd story.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-18/majak-daw-afl-north-melbourne-kangaroos-player-hospital/10630078?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=%5bnews_sfmc_newsmail_pm_df_!n1%5d%3a8935&user_id=1027030745c8c35b58f3989a58798cd921e327c859fe320df46d80002be55e30&WT.tsrc=email&WT.mc_id=Email%7c%5bnews_sfmc_newsmail_pm_df_!n1%5d%7c8935ABCNewsmail_topsto​ries_articlelink

When I saw the headlines I thought the obvious. That he'd been beaten up, the Sudanese street gangs aren't too popular in Melbourne at the moment, but the 'clue' of links to suicide hotlines puts a different twist on it.

Journos find ways of 'saying' what they can't say.

Can't imagine why he would jump off the bridge though, he's an awesome player, seems to be well respected by team and fans and grins a lot ... but then the outside is no indication of whats going on inside is it?
Nope.

I'd say the club will be looking at their support systems if one of their contracted guys reached that stage without anyone noticing.

If I had to work out a correlation of why suicide is so popular right now, I'd be exploring the funding and money trails in psychiatry. It's long been the least sexy medical discipline and has always been clouded by its relationship to the art of psychology, a near-science but based on anecdotes. Add to the lack of talent, drug companies prepared to flood the decision-makers with gifts and I don't believe the industry is worth a tin of shit. People would be better off trying self-medication by way of psychedelics.

We manage to have kids do dental check-ups every six months and they get their eyes & ears tested annually, but there's nothing in place to check on their mental health. The bad news is that if someone managed to implement such a system, the lack of direction in the wider industry would mean it never went anywhere.

We've just finished a years-long commission of inquiry into mental health in NZ.

Their conclusion? Must try harder.

Not a fucking clue. I was talking to a mate the other day whose kid was close to another who killed herself. I commented that there can't be a person in the entire country who doesn't know someone who killed him/herself.
True that! Japan used to be the suicide capital but we're fast catching up!

We just slipped further behind with the National Disability Insurance? Scheme, which was supposed to be funded to cater to the permanently disabled, physically and genetically mentally impaired now being stretched to cover anyone who claims to be too "depressed" to work.

The story is it's more "inclusive" but the reality is that funding for mental health has been hijacked and the funding for 'real' mental health treatment has been cut accordingly. Politicians hate mental health it seems, not sexy enough to campaign on?
I don't dare ask how the Swans are going so far this year...