Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFL
A reason for AFL female fans to celebrate: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12111234
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I call set-up! Who the hell would have that colour bike seat for starters, other than someone in ambush with a camera intent on getting a shot like that??

Shame on you anyway TA, we women only appreciate the game for it's athletic display and ... yeah yeah nobody else believes me either.

Swannies are playing for a spot in the top 4 this weekend. I daren't hope, I don't wanna jinx them.

It probably all depends on Buddy this time. The rookies did well through the year but they turn to jelly when it gets to the pointy end of the comp and Hawthorn is a bit of a boogyman. To the fans more than Buddy probably, but there's always a bit of 'feeling' in the match.
(08-21-2018, 08:18 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I call set-up!   Who the hell would have that colour bike seat for starters,   other than someone in ambush with a camera intent on getting a shot like that??

I reckon - who ever had a bloody pink bike seat?

Still, a black one would work the same for Naitanui!

(08-21-2018, 08:18 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Swannies are playing for a spot in the top 4 this weekend.  I daren't hope,  I don't wanna jinx them.

I can sort that out for ya - I'll have $10 on the Hawks to win. A certainty the Swans get it.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Quote: I reckon - who ever had a bloody pink bike seat?

Still, a black one would work the same for Naitanui!

[Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Quote: I can sort that out for ya - I'll have $10 on the Hawks to win. A certainty the Swans get it.

Thanks for that mate, we can always count on the Kiwis to have our backs.  Smile
Great weekend of finals Di!

Or, in the world outside of Demons, GWS and Tigers fans, a fucking terrible weekend?

How the hell did your Swans lose to that rabble of Westies?

The Mrs is still packing a sad at the demise of the Cats. I thought they'd tip over the Demons, but they were fucking hopeless on the day.

Season's over for me. (and you, I imagine!)
Yep over and out!  The Swans didn't show up!  WTF is going on with them?  
I was surprised to see the Cats bow out too,  convey my commiserations to Mrs TA,  I know just how she feels.Sad
Yet another year when the semi-finals turn into complete routs - amazing how often that happens. I went high margins in both finals, but I got them both wrong.

See what going on the formbook during finals week does?

I saw the fist quarter of both games, and they were remarkably similar, and were the reason both games went the way they did - pretty easy tactic: unleash blitzkrieg during the first quarter and don't worry about fatigue. The other side will be so shell-shocked the game's over. Did I see the Demons go without a goal for the entire first half???

The final looks like it'll be a doozy. I was reading up on the 'Pies American acquisition - not bad for a bloke who hadn't heard of AFL until after 2010.

I'd go Eagles by a whisker, and since everyone in Melbourne not a Collingwood fan will be rooting for them to win, they'll have plenty of support. Jesus, you must be glad you're not in Melbourne, Magpies fans will be unbearable all week, although they may not be too cocky, WCE were pretty impressive.
I should be ashamed to admit that I didn't watch a single minute of either game, and odds are that I won't even bother to watch the Grand Final!

Wow, what a prospect, watch my two least favourite teams fighting it out for the cup.   shiiiiiiiit no thanks.

Dunno anything about the Pie's acquisitions, I avoid all mention of them like plague.  ... but if I have to wish for an outcome may the Pies sit crying on the field when the final hooter sounds.   I'd love to see Collingwood cry even more than I'd hate to see the Weagles congratulating themselves.

What a shit of a year for AFL.  (for Sydney people anyway. Sad  )
(09-22-2018, 05:53 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I should be ashamed to admit that I didn't watch a single minute of either game, and odds are that I won't even bother to watch the Grand Final!

Wow, what a prospect, watch my two least favourite teams fighting it out for the cup.   shiiiiiiiit no thanks.

Dunno anything about the Pie's acquisitions, I avoid all mention of them like plague.  ... but if I have to wish for an outcome may the Pies sit crying on the field when the final hooter sounds.   I'd love to see Collingwood cry even more than I'd hate to see the Weagles congratulating themselves.

What a shit of a year for AFL.  (for Sydney people anyway. Sad  )

Haha!

Anyone not a Collingwood supporter will be out of town for the week.

I don't mind watching these games for the sheer skill, since my boys are firm wooden-spooners. Try to watch it for a few minutes at least - this bloke is a fraction under 7 feet and untouchable in the air.
You know I can't not watch a G.Final.   Too addictive.   Even when it's the Pies v Weagles.  Wink

I wonder if any AFL clubs thought of hooking Hussain Bolt?  He seems a bit wasted on soccer.