Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender me this.
So TA,  how's The Shaky Isles doing at the Commie Games?   Lifting their share are they?? Angel 

Quote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-08/laurel-hubbard-split-in-ranks-over-transgender-weightlifter/9626242?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=%3a8935&user_id=1027030745c8c35b58f3989a58798cd921e327c859fe320df46d80002be55e30&WT.tsrc=email&WT.mc_id=Email%7c%7c8935&utm_content=ABCNewsmail_topstories_articlelink

One of the most controversial moments of the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games will come when Laurel Hubbard, the transgender weightlifter from New Zealand, takes to the stage in the women's +90 kilogram category.

Since Hubbard became eligible to compete in international events at the start of last year, she has polarised views in the weightlifting community, particularly in the Pacific.
Head coach of the Samoan team Jerry Wallwork remains firmly opposed to Hubbard competing at the Games.
"A man is a man and a woman is a woman and I know a lot of changes have gone through, but in the past Laurel Hubbard used to be a male champion weightlifter," he said.

Secretary-general of the Oceania Weightlifting Institute Paul Coffa takes a much more conciliatory line.
"She's a lovely girl, she spent a few weeks with us at the institute," he said.

Cute as hell too. Confused
Kind of poetic justice that she injured herself on the snatch. (Not her snatch that was injured, though.)

I'm deeply unhappy that she's allowed to compete against women and have said so very publicly, for exactly reasons the Samoan coach stated. Women cannot build the muscle mass of men, and she hasn't lost it after a few months of oestrogen.

We have another example right now with a nearly-champion mountain biker guy who suddenly decided he was a chick and is now far and away the fastest woman on a mountain bike.

It gets even more complicated with intersex athletes, and the Olympic women's 800m final showed that they have a huge advantage at that distance, with intersex athletes taking all the medals.

Human rights can go fuck themselves - allowing people who transitioned post-puberty to compete on a level with actual women isn't fair or reasonable.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Quote:Kind of poetic justice that she injured herself on the snatch. (Not her snatch that was injured, though.)

[Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

It may give the warm and fuzzies to the alphabetically gendered but I see it as a downright insult to women athletes.

I'm damned if I can see how disadvantaging one sector to pander to the sensibilities of another is in any way fair treatment.

They (Txers) are technically, if naturally, 'chemically enhanced' in the physical department and I may be stretching the bow here,  but how is that different from quaffing performance enhancing drugs?  

It's a vexed question,  and is similar to the dilemma of age based grades of football.  Are big young kids entitled to smash up smaller ones ?  No malice is involved (we hope) but the sheer weight an muscle of P.I. kids is more than a skinny white kid can handle crashing down on him.  

Is it fair to the smaller kids to be so fair to the bigger ones? 

Is that Caster Whatzitsname fair to women athletes?   Drugs or not,  and medical checks or not, if that's not a bloke I've led a wasted life!!
(04-09-2018, 02:49 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  They (Txers) are technically, if naturally, 'chemically enhanced' in the physical department and I may be stretching the bow here,  but how is that different from quaffing performance enhancing drugs?   [/quot]

It's actually worse than drugs, because the drugs have a limited period of action - Hubbard & Co have an advantage all their life.

[quote='Di Wundrin' pid='46665' dateline='1523267382']Is that Caster Whatzitsname fair to women athletes?   Drugs or not,  and medical checks or not,  if that's not a bloke I've led a wasted life!!

Well, she's not a bloke, but is intersex, or what used to be called hermaphrodite. While biologically inaccurate, it did signify the truth that they have both male & female genitals and the they do have far more male characteristics than female.

It's not fair on the 99.9999% of women who aren't intersex to have them competing.

Maybe the Olympic & sport world just need to introduce a third "other" gender and let them compete in that.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Not to sound like a Nazi, but there's an easy way around all this phunky-stew....

Everyone competes as equals. Male, female, on drugs; whatever.

As things stand today, males would crush females in almost every Olympic sport.
You can google this, if you think I'm retrograde sexist asshole.

There's a way in which a female swimmer might defeat the best males in the sport:

some crazy shit. That's how.

I hope this doesn't sound sexist (and I hope our only babe isn't listening, but

Shouldn't 'knitting' be an Olympic sport?

And if it was, wouldn't the chicks rule?

So, yeah.

Fuck guys.
that's my message to the babes.

fuck the man!

(up against the wall, mf'er!)
hopefully no unintended sexual connotations need be applied, coincidentally, to anything i may have inadvertently alluded to. in any statements prior.

i'm a liberal.

The more liberated chicks get, the more likely guys like me can get laid.

Sure, at first, a pony-tail helps.

But you need to be sensitive.
that's the thing.

Pity Di's the only babe here.

I guess i could ask her:

"Honey? You dig it when dudes are sensitive (like me) right?"

You'd let me carry that bag of cement for you, right?

(Tell me if you think I'm trying to put words in your head...because hate when people do that shit.)

Hopefully, we can agree on a mutual distaste of characters that even consider the evil side.

I hate sleeze bags so hard, I can imitate one like a comedian doing Arnold Swartznegger.

hubbah huabbah
Babe responds.

Quote:Shouldn't 'knitting' be an Olympic sport?

And if it was, wouldn't the chicks rule?

So, yeah.

Originally knitting too was a male thing.  Sailors did it on long voyages.  The women at home had looms and wove fabric.  The men 'knitted' nets, and sweaters and warm beanies with whatever was to hand. 

Lawn bowls qualifies at the Commie games so knitting may be next.  

Would chicks rule?  some maybe, not all in any gender are better at something than all others differently gendered.

I know a couple of women who could beat most men to stand still at farm work or any hard stamina required physical work, without raising a sweat. 
I've seen men who were better home cooks than most women.  Even knew a bloke who was a champion sponge cake maker.   But that was the only thing he could cook!   ... jesus those sponges were magical though.

The big question about all this gender based physical variation is why do we need these type of competitions at all?

Sport is different, played for the enjoyment of it,  but athletic competition?   Why?  What benefit is there to anyone but the medal winner that they can run faster than Joe next door?   Who gives a fuck?  really?

Why do nations plough millions of bucks into training some egotistical narcissist to beat some other nation's egotistical narcissist?

Who benefits?  Only those selling tickets.   Stuff that.   Scrap the whole concept, it's just a con anyway.

Quote: You'd let me carry that bag of cement for you, right?

Of course I would!!  I'm not stupid. Angel Big Grin

Sensitive guys need to be needed,  I can go along with that just fine. Heart
so humiliating being a guy.
Di says:  "Who benefits?  Only those selling tickets.   Stuff that.   Scrap the whole concept, it's just a con anyway."

Yep.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(04-10-2018, 04:19 PM)stanky Wrote:  so humiliating being a guy.

Shouldn't be. Vive la difference!

I heard a good line from a more sensible than most women's rights proponent the other day.
"Women shouldn't feel that they all need to be aiming at becoming CEOs and National Leaders.
True equality will be reached when mediocre women can fill the same jobs, at the same pay rate, that mediocre men do. "

And ain't that the pearl in the oyster!

No one points out that the vast majority of men aren't world leaders or CEOs either!