Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockey Here Tonight
Night off from work. 

Watching the Railers.

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / - .-. ..- -- .--.
How do you pronounce Worcester there? Woosta? like us? probably not.

Funny vid.

Ice hockey isn't big here for obvious reasons but a Sydney cousin's kid played it. He'd been showing signs of following a career as a retarded thug with more energy than brains so they found him a sport he was good at.
He wasn't an intentionally 'bad' kid, just too stupid to stop and think that throwing a right hook isn't the solution for every obstacle in life.
Last I heard he was on a suspended sentence and having 'counselling' .. that was around 10 years ago .. don't care what happened after that really, lost contact with the lot of them. Haven't heard much of ice hockey here since either.
(03-28-2018, 07:08 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  How do you pronounce Worcester there?  Woosta? like us?   probably not.

Well who'da thort? [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
As the season comes to a close, I watched this classic last night:

I see USA & Canada are coming to NZ to play three games against each other.

I don't get it. No doubt some people will pay to see them, but it's the most minor of minority sports here and given there are about 5 ice rinks i the country, I can't see it changing.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
There should be a few bucks in some exhibition games TA. Kiwis will pay to watch a bit of biff won't they?
Someone figures there's some money in this or they wouldn't be doing it.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Oh, Canada.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/canadian-police-14-killed-bus-carrying-hockey-team-54303949
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Now that's sad. That's a town which may never be the same again. Bad enough to lose kids that way for anyone, but in a small community like that it must be devastating.