Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing the general human condition of the present:
(03-09-2018, 10:51 PM)stanky Wrote:  yeah, but it's dumb as fuck.
You must know that it was designed to be slow to accommodate the mechanics of manual typewriters, so the keys wouldn't jam?

Define "slow".

Data input speeds haven't increased since the demise of the mechanical typewriter. My mother in law used to type on one at a tested 120 wpm, and that was no record.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
well, the dvorak (spelling very bad) layout, allowed typists to double their speed in 2 weeks of practice ...according to some studies.
qwerty has the keys optimally placed to prevent speed. That much is hard to deny. And of course, the technology at the time demanded this.
Qwerty is totally forgiven for existing, but it's time to move on.

I'm probably a reverse grammar Nazi too.
I'd love to clean up the English language;get rid of al the crazy exceptions and silent letters; all that crap.
Especially now that the whole world is learning this stupid language.

Would literature some how suffer because we dropped the silent 'gh'?
I doubt it. In fact, it might even get better.
Heresy! Americans can't spell and blame the English language for it.

I don't want to type faster. I want to think faster than I type!
I'm the slowest typist on earth.
I'm a fast thinker, though.

You've probably noticed..I spend zero time editing my spewage.
I just bang it out, like the Donald on a late-nite twitter fest.

see how I spelled 'night' above?

that was no accident.

That was a protest thingy.
quarky got in some trouble back at jref for implying that he was handicapped, and had to type with his penis.

christ, what a jerk.

Like, really,people...

how could a bloke type with his dick?

I miss quarky.

He also claimed to have a prehensile penis that could manipulate objects.

what an idiot.

naturally, the powers that be found the notion offensive.
The big excuse there was that children were accessing the site.

Imagine the lasting harm a child could suffer from reading about some fool's prehensile penis!

Still bugs me a little.

In fact, rumor has it that James Randi himself murdered my cuz, quarky.

Who knows. I don't hear from either of them anymore.

You won't catch me talking about prehensile penises, that's for sure.

because that's just disgusting.

Am I right?

um, mods?

do you even exist?
There was a guy who had been having chronic trouble in trying to get an erection. After weeks of frustration, he finally breaks down and and goes to the doctor. The doctor gives him a thorough examination and finally makes the diagnosis.

"Well, there's good news and there's bad news," she says. "The bad news is that the muscles around your penis are deteriorating, and there is no cure."

The guy, on the verge of panic, finally regains his composure. "So what's the good news?" he asks.

The doctor says: "There is an experimental treatment available, but there are no guarantees. It involves transplanting the muscles from a baby elephant's trunk into your penis. Would you like to try it?"

The guy thinks about it and finally says, "Well, the thought of going through life without being able to have sex is just too much for me. What have I got to lose? Let's do it."

So the doctor performs the operation. A few weeks later, the guy takes his girlfriend out to a nice restaurant to celebrate his new equipment. While sitting at the table, he feels a stirring between his legs; it gets progressively worse until it reaches the point of being painful. Seeking relief, he reaches down and unzips his fly to relieve some of the pressure.

Suddenly, his penis leaps free from his pants, slides over the tabletop and grabs a dinner roll, then returns to his pants again.

"Wow!" says his stunned girlfriend, "That was impressive! Can you do that again?"

Eyes watering and face flushed, he says, "Probably ... but I don't know if I can fit another dinner roll up my ass!"
If it ain't personal, everything comes through as average. - stanky
Tried really hard not to laugh at that Grayman! ripper. pinched and forwarded.[Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
you people disgust me
That is a classic! Love it.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.