Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aussie 'Flu - Much Worse than Mexican 'Flu
I just watched a video that attempted to answer the question of what would happen if a large nuke was dropped into the Marianas Trench.
(In a protective bathysphere, natch.)

They say it would be disruptive, big time.

But rest assured, there's only 10,000 or so bombs capable of doing the damage that could be done by one...and fortunately, the world is governed by sane people that would never consider even developing such insane weapons...much less employing them.

That's what I like to focus on to off-set the fear of death by flu.
(It's less abstract than planet X collision.)

My real fear is that we're capable of undoing ourselves via sheer stupidity and hatefulness...and than nothing exotic, like a mega virus or comet, is even required.

It's likely enough that we just keep shitting in the water.
And chucking rocks at each other.

(Has a ring of humility.)
'I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.'

Albert Einstein
"lower than a snakes ass in a wagon rut." - sparks
(01-15-2018, 06:20 PM)sparks Wrote:  Medical infrastructure quickly collapses, 100,000 or more dead.

Some have a natural immunity.

Unless of course, it's an engineered bug built in a lab somewhere.  Then all bets are off.

Shit I think 100k deaths could be very light. A normal 'flu season wastes up to 30k Americans as it is.

(01-15-2018, 08:11 PM)grayman Wrote:  'I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.'

Albert Einstein

Definitely my favourite Einstein quote, and one I use frequently.

I see there's a new Arms Race about to begin!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.

"lower than a snakes ass in a wagon rut." - sparks
The only thing faith in Jesus vaccinates against is development of normal IQ.
He has a point, but he's also quite impressed with himself and unjustifiably so.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
When is being impressed with one's self ever justifiable?

(Note to self: Stanky, ol' bud, that was a very impressive line. Have you ever considered running for "Poet Laureate "?)

If I focused, maybe I could be as humble as Woody Guthrie or Wendall Berry...and make a difference in this world gone wrong.

Who am i kidding...

I'm doomed to live out these years as a second-rate meglo-maniac, and wannabe contestant in the humility Olympics.
[Image: gold-medal-smiley-emoticon.gif]
"When is being impressed with one's self ever justifiable?"

When one has done his/her homework.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.