Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Place your bets
The odds are not posted yet but taking early bets on when and whether Iran will be the next recipient of 'Liberation'.

The pattern is forming, the buildings are burning, the plebs are revolting, the government is blaming 'foreign powers' (they're probably not wrong) ... it's all there folks and bubbling nicely. 
Buy shares in munitions suppliers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-02/450-protesters-arrested-over-three-days-in-tehran/9299778
Which would be the scariest "liberator": U.S.A, Russia, or Saudi Arabia?
"Who's with me?." - stanky
(01-02-2018, 07:31 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  The odds are not posted yet but taking early bets on when and whether Iran will be the next recipient of 'Liberation'.

The pattern is forming, the buildings are burning, the plebs are revolting, the government is blaming 'foreign powers' (they're probably not wrong) ... it's all there folks and bubbling nicely. 
Buy shares in munitions suppliers.

Too late - Lockheed are up 27% for 2017.

Now, what happens next is interesting, and you certainly won't see USA involved. No way in the world is Congress going to allow the citrus fruit to attack them.

I'm pretty happy to entertain the idea someone is behind it all, and the finger points firmly towards Saudi, which is pretty ironic given their own attitude to protests. If we get really lucky, they'll wipe each other out. I find it hard to fathom that genuine protestors would be carrying on as this round has gone. Pro-democracy protestors don't usually get themselves killed outside of Tiananmen-type responses and the Iranian government had shown that peaceful protests would be allowed.

We can then point that finger at the never-ending Shia-Sunni battle, and when you throw in a handful of Wahhabiism, it starts to make sense. Strangely enough, Iran is a moderating influence in the ME, and they're not the bad guy they're made out to be.

The nigger in this woodpile is Russia. If Iran & Saudi go for it, Russia could come in on Iran's side, in which case all bets are off.

(01-02-2018, 08:30 AM)grayman Wrote:  Which would be the scariest "liberator": U.S.A, Russia, or Saudi Arabia?

No question: Saudi. Russia would only go as far as they did with Assad - kill enemies, prop up regime & quietly slip back to Russia, so they'd be the most benign. Saudi would kill almost everyone, while USA would just create a country-wide terrorist state.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Quote:

No question: Saudi. Russia would only go as far as they did with Assad - kill enemies, prop up regime & quietly slip back to Russia, so they'd be the most benign. Saudi would kill almost everyone, while USA would just create a country-wide terrorist state.

Yeah, that one.

I thought Iran was doing a fairly good job in the circumstances, but then we didn't hear the grass roots version of how 'great' things were going. 

I'm pretty hazy about it all really, but I'll always put a dollar on the Saudis to be involved in whatever bastardry is going on.
I don't bet.

But i will do drugs under duress.
Friend of mine had a hot Persian wife for a while before she got a bit of the better of him financially... I wouldn't bet against them.
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
Yeah, they invented camel trading, but you have to look at the form, handicaps and connections when placing bets. Saudis have the US, Iran has maybe the Russkies and maybe nobody.
All bets are off. Blighted ancient worldviews are cool again. 
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.